SixPointTwo

i think we have a problem...
Please log in to read the full chapter
6.ii

 

Operation: FML - Day 2.

Yerim.

 

“Okay,” Yerim pressed the end of her pen to her lip, thinking, as she pored over a sheet of paper that had been laid flat on a bench seat. Wannie sat opposite her, staring at the same document.

It was Yerim and Wannie’s turn on the FML operation, and the start of the day found themselves situated on a bench positioned around one of the park’s many scenic fountains. This particular one had the water originating from the jar that a woman in a toga dress was seemingly pouring.

The moment they had arrived, Yerim had pulled out and unfolded a detailed map of the park. Apparently, years of babysitting her sisters in that very same area had given her ample time to take note of various sections of the place– the location of the playground, restrooms, food carts. Even something as trivial as which trees give the best shade in a specific park section had been marked. Yerim had brought a printed copy of her cartographic masterpiece for their search.

“We are currently here,” Yerim pointed at a spot on the map. “so I’m thinking if we go around this way–” She traced a path with her pen, marking out a search route. “–we can cover more ground. Then maybe by noon we can proceed to–why...are you looking at me like that?”

Sometime during Yerim’s plan-making, Wannie had stopped paying attention to the map, and had taken to staring at Yerim with an unreadable expression.

“What?” Yerim asked warily, bringing a hand up to rub at her brow. “Is there something on my face?”

Wannie tilted her head and bit her bottom lip. “You’ve grown so much, Yerim-ah,” she said softly, her face breaking into a proud smile.

Yerim looked away,

Please log in to read the full chapter