| 3 |

S I G N A L | Min Yoongi |

| Almere Byun |   

| Almere Byun |

She was laying on the couch, her feet on the coffee table in front of her while she was debating all life decisions she had ever made and if it was worth it. Because running a marathon was not one of her best decisions.

Dressed in a pair of sweats and an oversized hoodie she once stole from her brother, she was flipping channels. She was glad today was a day off for her because she would not have been able to work in her current condition. In her last resort to win the bet, she had tried to run her fastest so she could cross the finish line before Azure. Unfortunately for her she had lost Azure in the crowd just a few meters before the finish- that the thought never came to mind that her friend might have finished already, and so she did.

That's why today will be a day where she will do nothing, since her muscles were aching because of all the running. This was definitely something that she would never do again, or next time she should choose a different race- one with less kilometers.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door that caught her attention, she jumped up a little as she looked at her front door all the way from the couch.

"Who's there" she yelled, not wanting to walk to the door for nothing.

"It's Jin, your neighbour remember".

With a soft grunt she got up from the couch, walking towards the door, "I'm coming, wait up".

When she was standing in front of her door, she could hear him chuckle. She did wonder why he wanted to come over, to be honest she was expecting Yoongi to come over. But she wasn't sure if he had to work today, then again he wasn't her boyfriend so it was only normal for him not to drop by.

"Finally" Jin chuckled when she finally opened up the door, seeing the tall guy standing in front of her looking down at her.

She rolled her eyes as she returned back to her couch, which took her longer then she had wanted to. The door was thrown shut by Jin as he caught a hold of her wrist.

"Are you okay Almere? You're walking a little funny" he jokes.

Almere looked behind her to look him in the eyes, "Jin please let me sit down, my muscles ache because of that stupid marathon that my stupid friend made me agree to run in".

"Sure, I'll help you" he snickers as he suddenly lifts her up to throw her over his shoulder as he made his way towards her couch, all the while she was protesting and telling him to put her down. Not that he was intending to do. "Here you go, need a drink" he asked as he put her down on the couch, then making his way towards her kitchen.

She brushed the hair out of her face with her hands while raising her eyebrows, "wait what are you doing?".

"Getting a drink and if you want to, then one for you too. Did you get chocolate milk?".

The taller guy glanced at her direction while having her refrigerator wide open, "well?".

"Jin open your eyes, it's probably in front of you- and make it two" she yelled at him.

She heard him chuckle.

Not long after he came back with two glasses filled with chocolate milk, he gently put them down on the coffee table before jumping on the couch next to her.

There was a moment of silence before Jin decided to break it, "so Almere, how did the marathon go? Broke any records" he asked jokingly.

"Oh don't remind me, I can never do something like this ever again. I almost broke my legs at the finish by almost falling face forward" Almere complains as she face palms herself, "and then there's Azure with her good idea's".

"Well do tell me more, I'm intrigued".

Almere looked the other way.

Jin was already aware of her crush on Yoongi, he lives across of them so he noticed it one day and decided to question her about it. Since he was a friend of Yoongi before he had met Almere, and there was something about her that intrigued him.

"Well we made a bet, whoever crosses the finish line first wins. So now I have to confess to Yoongi and that's the last thing I wanted to do and also the hardest thing ever" she whined as she grabbed the pillow that was laying next to her to bury her face in it.

Next to her the older guy started to laugh, slapping his knee.

"That's cute, and also something that you are not able to do" he points out, "as soon as you lay eyes on him you turn into puddy, you are not able to tell your feelings to him".

"Tell me about it" Almere mumbled with her face still buried in her pillow, "Azure gave me a month to confess to him, but I couldn't do it even if she gave me a year".

Jin grabbed his drink, taking a sip of his chocolate milk.

She lowered the pillow as she looked at him with a pout, "what should I do? I can't just tell him that I like him".

Instead of answering her, Jin started to pat her shoulder while still sipping his drink. It made Almere look at him with an annoyed facial expression. She wanted to shove him but that would mean him spilling his drink on the couch and she didn't want her couch stained.

"It would be nice to have a friend who can actually help me out" she muttered.

He put his glass back on the table, "well how should I know, just try to spend more time with him. Make him see you in a different light" Jin said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, "dress up for him so no more oversized hoodies and sweatpants, make an effort. Maybe you won't have to confess because he will confess first".

"Do you think that changing my appearance would work".

Almere was being a little skeptic, she couldn't see how something like that would actually work. But she could always give it a chance.

Since she lost the bet and she only has a month to confess, she had to try whatever she could. She was not looking forward to what was about to come.

In the meanwhile Jin had finished his drink of chocolate milk, "well maybe, if he sees you dressed differently he might see you as a person differently" he explained while wiping his mouth with his sleeve, "so it doesn't hurt to try, if it doesn't work then your look will attract different guys" Jin laughed.

Almere gave him an elbow, "that's not funny, I want Yoongi".