| 1 |

S I G N A L | Min Yoongi |

| Almere Byun |

| Almere Byun |

Absent minded she was wiping the counters. There was nothing that could make her wake up from her train of thoughts, the barking of the excited dogs, the honking cars outside not even the bell that ringed every time the door was opened. No there was nothing that could remind her of her current surroundings.

That was until she suddenly felt an hand on her shoulder, it was softly squeezing her skin which made her stand there frozen. A chill went through her spine as she tried to make her body turn around to see who scared her like that, but she was unable to do so.

"You're cute Almere" she suddenly heard a familiar voice speak up, causing her body to relax when hearing the low voice.

She tried to frown as she hit the hand off her shoulder as she turned around to face the person who was playing jokes on her, "Wha-".

However her tough exterior quickly fade away when she was looking into his dark brown eyes. She was mesmerized by the dark eyes, so much that she didn't notice the smug smirk forming on his lips.

"You always get scared so easily, I can't believe you didn't hear me come in" he smirked.

He ruffled up her hair before walking towards the staff room.

Feeling flustered she looked straight ahead, at a cute little white puppy. It had his head tilted sideways as if it was asking her what was going on. Just seeing the small creature made her smile a little, that was until she heard the staff room door close- reminding her of who was coming back.

She quickly patted her cheeks as she walked over towards the cash register, pretending as if she was counting what was left in the register from the other day.

"Hé Chipmunk what are you doing" he asked her as he walked towards her.

Almere tried to pretend as if she didn't hear him as she continued with what she was doing. However he couldn't let her do her thing in peace, he lowered his head to her level while staring at her, his nose almost touching her cheek.

"Min Yoongi leave me alone" she exclaimed in desperation as she threw her hands up in the air.

The older boys started to chuckle as he ruffled up her hair once again, "okay fine I will try to be less, obvious".

"Obvious?" she questioned, she still hadn't looked at him.

"Yeah, I just dyed my hair and you don't even notice it" he tried to say cutely.

Almere looked up confused before realizing what he meant, his normally dark brown locks were now colored in a cheerful mint color. "Oh wow you actually did that" she exclaimed as one hand covered while the other reached out to touch his hair.

Yoongi smirked as he bended his knees a little so it was easier for her to reach his hair, "well only because my best friend told me it would look good on me and she was right".

Even though Almere was smiling, she felt the sting in her guts when he called her his best friend.

She felt something so much more for him, and she was always hoping that he would feel the same. But she knew that the chance was so small that he would ever feel the same way about her. His actions did give her false hope, he of course didn't mean it.

She swallowed as she moved her hand through his hair, "it's really soft too" she commented.

When she retrieved her hand she could see the smile on his face, he ruffled up his hair.

"I got Jin to thank for that, he suggested I'd buy some conditioner so it will be soft" while saying that he moved his hand through his minty locks, smirking, "anyway did you serve any customers yet".

A soft sigh escaped her lips, she had been there an hour before Yoongi- but so far she had only served a handful customers.

It had also been more then enough information for Yoongi, "well now that I am here I'll expect some girls rushing in here" he said with a wink.

"I think they will run away once they see your hair" she said as she rolled her eyes, "I'm going to feed the dogs, have fun with your imaginary girls".

He wanted to fight back but she was rushing towards the back of the place.

The last thing Almere wanted was imagining Yoongi with another girl, of course she wanted him to be happy. But for her own selfish good she had hoped that he would get a girlfriend once she was over him, the moment her crush on him would have completely died down.

A smile formed on her face once she saw the puppies surrounding them, barking happily since they knew what was coming next. This was one of the reasons why she decided to work at a dog cafe rather then a normal cafe. It were the dogs that cheered her up when she was feeling down or when a customer got to her.

"I hope you guys are hungry" she smiled as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

While standing on the tip of her toes she reached for the dog food, putting a cup full in the dog bowls that were standing in a row. She knew that the owner wanted each bowl to have a different color because of the aesthetics.

When she was done she took a minute to look at the happy dogs eating their food, before going back to the bar where she left Yoongi.

However when she came back she was surprised with what she saw. Sitting at one of the tables near the window was a girl with light brown hair, her face hidden by her long hair. But Almere was suspicious about who it could be, but suddenly Yoongi grabbed her by her arm.

"Shouldn't you clean the tables instead of bugging our customer".

She rolled her eyes as she pushed him away from her, "mind you own business".

Without another word she walked towards the girl, who coincidentally looked up. A smile formed on both of their faces when their eyes met.

"Almere finally, I have been waiting five ever for you to get here" the girl snickered.

"Azure what are you doing here" she asked the girl, who also happened to be one of her closest friends.

Her friend shrugged as she held up the coffee cup, "came here for coffee and some time with my bestie".

"But you're allergic to dogs" Almere snickered as she took a seat across her friend.

It was still early in the morning so she could effort the little break to talk to her friend, besides Yoongi was still there. Although she now understood why he told her that she should clean the tables- which was something she had done earlier.

"Ah well, the worst thing that would happen is me sneezing for a few hours so it's okay. Besides I was just dropping by to remind you about tomorrow".

Almere let out a soft sigh as she dropped her head on the table, "why did I ever agree to run a marathon with you, I am too lazy for that".

"You sure are" they heard the laughing voice of Yoongi before both giving him a warning look.

"Well that's why I am here today, to remind of what is coming tomorrow" Azure said with a smile, setting down the coffee cup. "Now that you are reminded I'm leaving before the sneezing starts, if I'm lucky I can shower it off. Smell ya later" her friend yelled before running out of the building.

Almere smiled as she picked up the coffee cup her friend left on the table, next to it was a little note.

Curiously she opened it, only to find these words written inside; 'tomorrow I'll tell you how we can make the marathon a little more interesting. -xxx- Az'.

She shook her head as she stuffed the note in her apron before walking back towards the bar.

Luckily there were customers entering the cafe, which of course made the dogs even more excited. A couple that just walked in started to chuckle when they saw a white puppy following them while barking softly, with each bark it flew a little backwards.

"Almere can you make one Americano and an Espresso" Yoongi asked as he almost ran passed her.

She raised an eyebrow at him but decided to do what he had asked her.

"Sure since you asked so nicely" she said, with a hint of sarcasm.

A soft sigh escaped from her lips as she was wondering what Azure had meant with making the marathon more interesting, she would soon find out what her friend had meant with those words- but still she was a little terrified. Since it's Azure she had no idea what to expect.