| 2 |

S I G N A L | Min Yoongi |

| Almere Byun |   

| Almere Byun |

The two girls were sitting on a bench, just looking at people preparing themselves for the marathon. They had a different way to prepare themselves for what was about to come.

Unlike her friend, Almere didn't train for the marathon at all- her way of training was staying up late watching drama's and eating junk foods. No, exercising wasn't really something she enjoyed to do, it was still a mystery to her how she ever agreed to do such a thing with Azure. Her laziness was something that made her bond with Yoongi years ago, it established their friendship in a way.

Up to this day the two of them would complain they were tired as an excuse to not leave the apartment, and often Yoongi ended up going to her place with a bunch of food to be lazy with her. It was one of the things that give Almere the wrong idea, that he might reciprocate her feelings. But he would then burst her bubble by calling her his best friend.

Almere turned to face her friend as she put her water bottle down next to her, "say Az, that note yesterday" she started.

"Oh yeah the way to make the marathon a little more interesting?" Azure asked as she took a sip of her drink, "well I was thinking about a little bet that would encourage you to try your best in the marathon, a way to make sure you won't quite after four steps".

They both started to chuckle softly as they imagined how quickly she would give up if she could. That they would be standing at the start line and after the starting shot she would take a step and complain how tired she is already. But Almere knew very well that Azure won't let her quite so easily. Especially after all the trouble she went through to even make her agree on participating.

It took Azure weeks of encouraging Almere to do this with her. One night when Almere had a little too much alcohol, she agreed to the idea and claiming how it was a wonderful thing to do with your bestie. She had claimed that she didn't know why she didn't agree to the plan earlier- however Azure knew exactly why, that's why she had been recording the whole scene to show her friend once she was sober again.

"So what is your magic plan to make me finish the marathon".

That was the moment that Azure started to laugh, it sounded like an evil laugh even. "Well if you win by finishing the marathon before me, I'll buy you food. How about I'll buy you some dinner at that place you love so much".

Almere flipped her hair over her shoulder, ready to negotiate the price with her friend. She was ready to get the most out of the situation, especially since sweating was involved and that was something she hated to do.

"One dinner isn't good enough for me to finish the marathon, how about five".

Azure shakes her head, "well how about three, you know I'm broke".

Almere nods as she looked at her friend, "but how about if you win the bet, then what do you want from me".

At that point Azure started to chuckle once again, slapping her knee softly.

It made her friend question if she should actually go on with this bet or not, because of the way her friend was acting made her suspicious. She felt that Azure had set her up, the whole marathon and the bet- there has to be something she wants from her.

"Stop, you're scaring me" she complained as she gave her friend a soft push.

The other girl turned to her, a smile evident on her face as she was trying to keep the chuckles in, "well if I win the bet, you have confess to Yoongi and get out of that friendzone".

Almere looked down at her sneakers, this was not what she had hoped for. This is basically the last thing she would ever do, she didn't want to ruin her friendship with Yoongi over some stupid crush. She'd rather see him happy with someone else and be by her side then ruin their friendship and miss him in her life.

"You know I can't do that, you're asking too much" Almere said.

There was a moment of silence between the two girls, the only sounds you could hear were of the people in the background.

Confessing to Yoongi was a big deal, it had been something she has been thinking about as well but the 'what if's were the ones she was afraid of.

"Listen Almere, I know it's a big thing to do. But I don't like to see you suffer anymore", Azure took a small pause before continuing, "but I think he feels the same way as you and he's just as afraid to confess as you are. Out of the two of you, you're the only one who listens to me".

Almere simply shook her head, "Az listen to me, he doesn't like me. He has called me his best friend so many times".

"Then now it's time to confess and figure out who's right, if I'm right you get a boyfriend and if you're right then you can move on to a guy who does like you back" Azure told her as she softly patted her friend's back.

Of course she knew that her friend was right, she was just not ready to face reality.

"Please Almere, it that you can't go on dates just because you think there's hope. You can only figure out if there's a chance by going for it, not is the time to go and do that" Azure says as she jumps up, holding her fist up in the air, "do we have a deal"

Her head said yes, but her heart said no. In the end won.

"We have a deal".

Her friend happily jumped up and down before pulling her friend in for a hug, "I'm glad you really do listen to me".

But Almere wasn't in the mood for cuddles and sweet talks, she already knew how this was going to end since she didn't prepare for this at all. Azure had always been the sporty one- this was going to be a piece of cake for her.

While her friend was happy by their deal, she noticed how people were walking towards the start line for the 5 km.

"Let's go Azure" she said softly, "it's time for you to win a bet".

Her voice came out as a mere whisper and she knew that her friend didn't hear her. Which was probably for the best as well.