Barista!Mingyu

Mingyu Oneshots ♡♡

You had always loved imagining enjoying evening drinks in cafes but the problem is you dislike going out. The only times you were diligent to go out only comes up with rejection from your mom. Luckily, you had your sister during summer break that likes to explore new stuffs and cafes on the block, who happened to be good in persuading you to follow her around.

"Let's see...." your sister was scrolling through the net with "Cafes" on the search bar. You were lazily plopped down on a couch with your pajamas. 

"You know, there is a new coffee shop around the town."

"I don't like coffee."

"I went with my friend last two weeks, Caramel Macchiato was good and the barista was kind of cute," she chortled, "Not my style, though."

"So?" you were indifferently lazy to care.

"He was around your age but my point is I like their Caramel Macchiato." your sister suddenly walked towards upstair, yelling, "Get done, we're going there."

"What?"

Your sister closed her door, leaving you in silence. You picked up her phone that she threw before she went upstairs, 

"Promotion today, use promotion code to get 20% off for customers with free Mango Cheesecake every purchase! Limited until 6:00 p.m."

Funny, you think.

 


 

You are wearing white blouse with blue jeans, donned with pink pastel colored scarf. Your family always said that you look best with pink and white and you somehow agree with it. Your sister was donning black blouse with a black pencil skirt with white scarf, she drove the car and you sat next to her. After driving for one hour, you arrived at the cafe.

While you stepped in the cafe, you were welcomed by a male who is towering you, had long nose and big smile with his hair slicked back. But what captured your attention the most is his tanned skin and toned body. He was wearing the cafe's uniform with ed button on the collar showing his beautiful collarbones. For god's sake, you thought you were drooling for a minute.

He smiled and somehow went back into the kitchen.

As your sister and you were both seated, a petite woman coming to your table to take your order, "Good evening, beautiful ladies! May I take your order?"

"We'll look through this menu first," your sister said, smiling. The waitress nodded and went off to another table. While your sister were scanning the menu, your eyes roamed in the barista section to take a look on the guy. He was standing behind the bar making lattes for previous customers. 

"You didn't lie, the guy's hot.. I almost drooled." you sighed and your sister chuckled.

Your sister clicked the alarm calling for the waitresss, but the waitresses seemed to be occupied. Both of you waited and waited until the tanned and tall barista came over with papers and pen.  

"Hey, sorry for the long wait," he approached, standing tall beside the table and had his eyes on you. You looked at his nametag showing Kim Mingyu.

Your heart fluttered after an eye contact with him, you looked back to the menu.. somehow feeling flushed.

"It is okay. So I want Caramel Macchiato, French Toast, Chocolate Crepe. I will be using promo code....." your sister nudged you, "You? What you want?"

"I..I-I do not drink coffee..." you stuttered with long hums.

With his husky voice, he said "Green Tea Creme Latte? It is my recommendation for non-coffee drinker." 

You nodded, "hmm..okay. Doughnuts..."

"Okay, ladies." he looked at you again, "For doughnuts, you have to follow me to Doughnuts and Cake bars to choose your doughnuts."

Following his lead, you took steps to the bars and made you choose. There was a waitress behind the bar, proceeding to take the doughnuts you've chosen. But, he was standing next to you, watching you choose. You were struck with questions in your mind for a while.

"He was supposed to go make the coffee?"

"Why is he watching me?"

After you've done choosing your doughnuts, the Mingyu guy went to his barista section. You breathed a sight of relief and went to your seat back. Your sister told that your face looked pale as if you have seen a ghost and you told her what the barista was doing while you were choosing your doughnuts.

"He likes you?" 

"No way. No hmph uh-huh." 

While you were waiting for the food and drinks, you kept on observing the cafe but your eyes usually ended up at the barista section. He had his sleeves folded, showing his toned and bulky arms as he was decorating a coffee. He is absolute gorgeous, you swear.

After 20 minutes passed by, a waitress came over with the trays. She assisted both of you with the foods and drinks, while smiling at you. 

"Hey, our Mr. Handsome Barista told me to hand this note for you." she said while sipping a blue note next to your latte, "He never showed any interests towards any of our customers but you sparked his bubble, I guess."

She left, going to the next table. While your sister keeps cooing you, you look at your latte and saw a foam shaped love in it. It's beautiful.

"Read his note!"

"Uhh..." 

Hello 
I don't usually do this but I'd love to have your number.
If you're willing to give me, send me a signal so I can come to your table. 

 


 

As you were munching to your doughnuts, you looked over the Barista section, finding his trace. He was hiding behind the bar, watching you eat. You smiled at him and slightly nodded. His barista mates were cackling and pushed him forward. Mingyu made his way to your table again, this time he was kind of shy. 

Your sister exclaimed, "Sit with us!" 

He sat next to you, "I am Mingyu, I am interested in you so can I have your number?"

"Hi... I am Y/N. Sure." you blushed and he took his phone and gave it to you for you to dial your number in it.

"Lovely." he smiled with his canine showing, "I am going to text you tonight."

You bobbed your head up and down, "I'll wait."