Chapter 24

The story of a Soul-Ruler

 

Demon King POV :

 

It was afternoon as I made my way to "it" again. I call it "it" because the tree of life doesn't have a gender. 

The room I enter was deep down under the castle. No one except me and the previous Kings were ever here! When you look at it there isn't anything strange except from the big circle on the ground. I closed the door behind me and locked it.

I took a deep breath and get in the middle of the center of the circle. I took out the knife I always have with me. With a fast  movement I cut my wrist a little bit. Only to let the single drop of blood dripping on the center of the circle.

"It" doesn't come when I search for it. No, when the Tree of Life has something to talk about it searched for me. So I don't have the right to ask it anything. Even when I do, "it" only answers questions who are be determined to answered.

The room was soon filled with wind. My hair got ruffled.

Within three seconds the wind was gone and a bright light filled the room.

"Your Highness!" I spoke gentle and bowed deep.

"Our demon King. I hope you have been well!" A voice like a angel answered me.

"Sure my Highness. What matter would you like to discuss?" I ask.

"Did you find what you searched for?" The voice asked me.

"Yes we found her. But it seems that she is in danger..." I said in a low voice.

A few seconds passed away but then the tree of life spoke again.
"Danger....it's her choice to make. It will be depend on only one person's actions if she will be in danger. And I can tell you that it is not you."

I raised my eyebrows. On one person's actions? Who could that be? Even when I would ask, I wouldn't recive an answer. "It" only tells me what I should know.

"Then please your highness, could you answer me my question I asked you last time?" I asked and bowed again.

"The matter with the shape shifter will be resolved when the right time comes." "It" says.

I wasn't happy with that answer but I nod.

"I will give you a tip, my King. Fights are not always bad. When you fight them right and with your heart and mind it offers new ways in life."

What should that mean? Fight with heart and mind? I was about to ask but I was interrupted.

"That is all I can give you on your way. Let's see what you make out of it."

With this last words the Tree of life disappears.

Great! Why can't "it" speak without letting even more questions behind?

 

Xiumin POV :

 

We were sitting in Kyungsoo's car. Kyungsoo was also with us. He got curious about the whole matter we (Lynn and I) are involved. 
Lynn and I were sitting in the back.

"So you don't think that the King will be angry at me?" She asked again

I rolled my eyes, she asked this question for the third time while driving.

"No, I dont think so. Don't be nervous, he is not what he looks like sometimes." I answered and looked at her.

She looked about two seconds in my eyes and then she looked down on her hands.
For a reason I don't know yet Lynn was avoiding my eye contact. Earlier she began to avoid me. Kyungsoo could speak with her easily (with eye contact!) 

Is it because she is scared of me now? Does she fear me because I'm a Demon and of my power?
I looked out the window.
Sure she must be scared by all this. Who wouldn't? But as I looked at her again and saw her starring holes in her hand I felt a pain!
What was that? It was like a stab in my chest! 
I padded the place where it was painful and my view got on Kyungsoo who was looking at us through the rear-view-mirror.

He smiled like an idiot. I raised my left eyebrow at him. But that makes him even more smile (when that's even possible!)

I have to speak with him soon. In private!

 

Lynn's POV :

The feeling in the car was beyond awkward.
But what do you expect? I mean I sit in a car with my boss and someone I met one time before!

Somehow it was hard for me to look into Xiumin's eyes. 
At first I was afraid! I have to admit that the "ice-thing" he did was a little scary.
Sure it's super cool actually and when I read my fantasy books I also thought about how it will look like if it's real.....
But when you experience it yourself for real its hard to accept!

That is one reason.
But the reason number two is the main reason!
Since the time Xiumin pinched my cheek I will always have images from the "kiss' in my head. 
Everytime I look at him I feel my cheeks getting hot.

I don't want him to see! It's embarrassing.
Do I have feelings for him? It's crazy but I don't understand what's going on with me.
Could it really be possible to like someone this fast?

Kyungsoo who seems to know my situation looked sometimes through the mirror at us.

*flashback >before driving<*

I searched for my bag as Kyungsoo was entering the room. Xiumin was for little demon's. Yes even demons use the bathroom! xD

"You like him,don't you?" Kyungsoo's voice was soft.

I didn't expected to hear that from Kyungsoo!
"Huh?...wha...who?" I was shocked for a moment. Did he see me blushing??

"Xiumin, I mean. You tried to hide it but I saw." Kyungsoo said and winked at me.

Great! I sighed. I looked at the floor as I answered him.
"I..don't know! I don't know him well enough to tell you that."

"Hmmm...that's ok! Take your time Lynn.But let me tell you one thing!" 

I looked up at him as he said that.

"Xiumin acts different with you. You don't know because you don't know him long, but I do! He never acts that friendly with woman" He added.

I didn't know that. I mean how could I?

"I think he likes you!" Kyungsoo dropped the bomb.

He likes me???

As I were about to say something Xiumin enters the room!

We can go now if it's alright with you two?" Xiumin said and looked at Kyungsoo and than me.

And that was the second time blushing today!

*flashback end*

From that moment onwards I could feel my heart beat race and my cheeks getting hot when he only looked at me.

We were driving for a while as we came to a landscape who I know. And soon I saw the castle.

We all got out of the car and made our way to the Demon King as Xiumin stopped abruptly!

Right before us was standing a man. He looks handsome even with his hair all messy.

"Baekhyun!" Xiumin shouts in surprise.

Baekhyun?....
"You are my Baek??"