Ignored

Disco Queen

Almost three weeks had passed, Sehun was just entering Class Zero when he found Yoona in front of the Disco Room. Her arms were folded in front of her chest, her eyes seemed to be scolding Sehun.

“Yoona noona, annyeong haseyo. What’s up?”, he was a bit surprised seeing her but tried to kept his expression casual.

“Annyeong haseyo Sehun-ssi. I would like you to come to my office right now.”

Her words were firm and made him frown.

“What’s wrong?”

She said, “I’ll tell you there.”

He followed her while feeling like he was a student being called by the principal for doing something bad.

Yoona opened her office’s door and let Sehun in. Apparently she only turned out half of the lights so her office room was dimmed, he squinted his eyes when he walked in. It was his first time here in the rectangle shaped room, there was a modern wooden desk and a comfortable chair on the right, while an L shaped sofa was in the middle with a small table in front of it, and a large wooden bookshelf on the left.

“So what is it you want to talk a—”

He went silent and almost dropped his gym bag. There was someone sleeping on the sofa. A blanket wrapped the thin body.

“Why…”

Is she here????

Yoona didn’t close the door, she just stood there while speaking in a low voice, “She’s been paying me a daily visit since three days ago just waiting in this room in hope of you coming over. First time she came very late at night and fell asleep then came home about 2 AM with her manager picking her up and scolding her. The next day she came in the evening and went back home before midnight. Today she came at 9 PM.”

His heart gave a loud thud. The clock on the wall showed 12.30 AM.

“Now as you’ve instructed, I didn’t give out any information on when you’re coming and all that and Lisa-ssi was thoughtful enough towards me that she didn’t pressure me about it after she first asked about you.”

Yoona sighed. “I don’t know what your problem is, but can you be more considerate towards Lisa-ssi? She came as often as she could between her schedules just to see if the Disco Room has been booked and disappointed when it wasn’t you.”

A pang of pain filled his chest.

“I’m going to leave you to resolve whatever issues you have. I’ll give you about an hour. Thankfully, the last customer has gone already and tonight I’m standing by alone so you can have the whole Class Zero for your own.”

Sehun nodded slowly.

“Good luck then”, Yoona gave a grin then all of the lights in the room before purposely closing the door with a mild bang.

Lisa stirred then rubbed her eyes. “Uuh… Yoona unnie….?”

She sat up, her half opened eyes tried to focus on the other person in the room. It took only a few seconds for her brain to register the situation. A small gasp escaped , those big eyes were now looking at Sehun with surprise.

“SEHUN SUNBAENIM!”

HE’S HERE! He’s actually here!

The one mentioned couldn’t say a word. This was the first time he met her since EXO came back from Japan. He almost forgot how he actually misses her. The mischievous fairy with her weird antics.

“Lisa…..”

Then Lisa put both of her hands on her hips. “Where were you??? Why didn’t you return my calls and messages?? Don’t you know HOW WORRIED I AM????”

Is that a tear in her eyes?

Sehun didn’t know what to do.

Her face soften. “I’m just glad you’re actually okay…”

What was I thinking? Of course he’s alright. I just… had to see him with my own eyes.

She felt relieved, happy but painful at the same time.

Hang on, Lalisa! There’s one thing you need to do.

Sehun felt his voice was stuck in his throat.

What should I say? Sorry for not contacting you? I actually miss you but I don’t want to see you? Or at least I thought I did. Not wanting to see her. Anyways any word that comes out of my mouth now would sound like a lame excuse…

He decided to stay still and wait for her to speak again.

She also waited for him to say something but when he didn’t, she held back the disappointment, folded the blanket neatly then got up with her bag slung on her shoulder.

Lisa stopped in front of him. Their eyes met; confusion, anticipation and perhaps a little bit of betrayal and hidden feelings were reflected there.

She gave a purple bag to him.

He looked questioningly at her.

“For you. Please open it if you want to.”

He accepted it very carefully, peeping inside the bag before opening it.

He held a pajama and house slippers.

“This…?”

“Just some small gifts from Tokyo. Nothing fancy. I just really wanted to give you these”, said Lisa who managed to give a small smile.

Sehun remembered what she said a long time ago when she explained why she cooked him dinner.

“It’s not for you, okay, sunbaenim. It’s for me. I just needed to do it.”

“It just bugs me if I don’t do it.”

Sehun wanted to pinch himself. So even though I’m ignoring her, she still does all she can to give me this. Checking my schedules, visiting Class Zero, and braves herself to give these in person.

“I don’t know what I did to upset you, or maybe you’re having a hard time and just want to get away from people… Either way, I’m here if you want to talk about it. Anytime.”

She gave a sad smile before heading to the door.

“Don’t you have a boyfriend?”

She stopped at her track. Lisa was shocked at that sudden question then looked at him with a genuine puzzled expression.

“I–WHAT??”

He looked at her with hard eyes. “That Chanwoo kid from iKon. Your label mate.”

“Huh? Where did you get that idea from?”

“……” His eyes were scrutinizing her. “Never mind that.”

Lisa caught a glimpse of dislike expression on Sehun’s face and thought that she was only imagining it. Somehow it was beginning to get on her nerve. She crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“He’s a friend. Like you’ve said he’s also my label mate. What does this have to do with your situation, sunbaenim?”

Sehun squinted his eyes at her.

“Are you sure, only a friend?”

She was taken aback. “What makes you think otherwise?”

He looked away. “Oh I don’t know. News of you two dating in Japan maybe?”

, that slipped out. Wow dude you really want to talk about this now huh??

Lisa’s eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets. Her brain tried to process this then she remembered there were fantaken photos of the time she and Chanwoo shopped in Tokyo. Blinks and Ikonics started speculating that they’re dating and some of them became Lisa-Chanwoo hard shippers. Since it didn’t escalated into a big gossip or such (just fans ‘cutely’ shipping them), the company didn’t really mind and fuss about it. So did Lisa and Chanwoo. They actually laughed when they heard the news.

“We weren’t dating. And if you must know, he was actually unknowingly accompanying me to buy my gifts for you. I used his body size for measurement, since both of you are similar in build”, explained Lisa with a frown. “Wait, you saw the fantaken pictures??”

Sehun froze. He felt like there was a weight taken out of his chest. He wanted to laugh histerically right then and there, but tried to held it in. Instead he let out a small laugh that sounded like a mix between a chuckle and cough.

“Hmmmmphahaha!”, Sehun put his hand over his mouth.

Lisa raised an eyebrow disapprovingly at his antic. A few seconds later she was surprised of the sudden soft expression on his face. She almost even blushed. Almost.

“Tell me Lisa-ya… Do you have a lot of friends who are boys??” His voice was filled with a mild curiosity and a little bit of tease.

“Yeah. I have a few friends who are boys–that includes you”, replied Lisa a bit bewildered of his sudden behavior change.

“Friend huh…” He tapped his chin lightly. “Well I want an upgrade.”

Lisa frowned again. “Huh? What do you mean? Like best friend or something like that?”

He didn’t care anymore, he messed the top of her hair. “I’ll let you figure that out by yourself.”

She was too stunned that she forgot to protest. His words and gestures confused her. She managed to ask, “Like a brother?”

“Euw. I don’t need a sister, thanks.” The look on his face was pure revulsion.

Lisa pouted. “I don’t understand then.”

He patted her head twice. “I don’t expect you to. This is all very confusing, even for me.”

She tilted her head, watching him in bemused. “You’re really weird, Sehun sunbaenim. One minute you’re like mad at me or the world, I don’t know. Then a minute later you’re back to the usual carefree Sehun sunbaenim.”

“I’m sorry…” He took a step closer to her.

“See? Now you’re suddenly apologizing”, said Lisa with her eyebrows furried. She seemed to be frowning a lot today.

“I’m really sorry. I promise I won’t ignore you however mad I am in the future”, spoke Sehun while lowering his head so their eyes could meet at the same level.

She went silent for a moment before dramatically raising her tone while replying, “WHAT, SO YOU WERE REALLY ACTUALLY MAD AT ME???”

He only gave her a straight face.

“… Why?”

She was a bit afraid to know the answer.

He shrugged. “Jealousy I guess.”

Lisa looked like she was lost in her thought for a moment. Finally she said, “Ah you’re jealous because I had the free time to go shopping??? Awh you shouldn’t be, Sehun sunbaenim. You can always squeeze some time whenever you have a schedule abroad. Like the last time you did in America.”

She actually wanted to laugh at him. How can someone get jealous and mad over a simple thing like this??

“…….. You are hopeless.” He gave a long sigh. “You’re more naive than me, I can’t believe it.”

Lisa blinked her eyes in confusion.

“….. What do you say if I tell you not to go alone with a male friend?”

“You’re not my–”

Sehun held his breath.

“–parents.”

He wanted to bang his head to the wall, but instead he gave another long dramatic sigh.

The look Lisa was giving to him now reminded Sehun of Vivi. That look of a lost puppy.

“???”

He patted Lisa’s head. “Never mind, Lisa-ya. The moment has passed. Let’s go home.”

She was not fully convinced but nodded slowly.

He was opening the door when Lisa grabbed his jacket. Sehun raised an eyebrow at her.

“Are we good now?”, asked Lisa with a face ever so innocently and hopeful that Sehun had to restrain himself from touching her.

“Yeah… We’re good.” He smiled. “And thanks for the gifts.”

She replied his smile.

They both felt relieved that night.