Apart

Disco Queen

Lisa spent the night in her room absorbing the sight of the gifts Sehun’s bought her.

He said he was bored and got me this. Can a person be so bored that he or she can just buy stuffs for another person? Unless the person is close or special, why would you do it?

Deep down she was still baffled of his action. Sure it was really a nice gesture and she actually felt bad receiving the gifts, but at the same time left her with questions.

“Maybe he really just likes buying gifts for his friend…”

He did say that we were friends.

She fell asleep while clutching the Rapunzel plushie.

---

Two months later…

EXO arrived in Japan for the A-nation festival and had just finished their rehearsal at the venue.

“I’m hungry”, said a pouty Jongin to their leader.

“Yeah we’ll go for lunch after this”, replied Junmyeon. “Yongnim hyung and the others are taking care of technical stuffs with the Japanese staff right now.”

They were relaxing in their waiting room, enjoying the cool temperature of the air conditioner.

Baekhyun was paying attention to the A-nation Festival poster that was hanging on the wall and spoke, “Hmm Blackpink is performing the day after us. I wonder if they also rehearse today.”

“They’re not”, said Sehun absent-mindedly while his eyes were fixated on his mobile phone.

He just realized the room then went silent.

“Oh my God Sehunnie, how do you know that??”, asked Baekhyun surprised and curious at the same time.

Their maknae opened his mouth, but no words came out from it.

Chanyeol snapped his fingers. “Oh right! He’s friends with Lisa-ssi!”

Sehun remembered giving the excuse that he and Lisa were casually “acquainted” because of Mino (and managed to not give details about it). His hyungs were all perplexed and tried to pressure him for details but Sehun wouldn’t budged. They also didn’t know that he and Lisa frequently meet up at Class Zero. It was a secret he planned to hold on for as long as he could.

“Ah yes. I remember this kid saying that Lisa-ssi’s cute. And even laughed until his tears fell”, commented Jongdae who was still suspicious of them.

Junmyeon quickly nodded. “Lisa-ssi stuck out her tongue to him! They were being playful.”

“And they even sometimes talked to each other backstage during our head to head comeback”, added Minseok.

“I told you we were just joking around”, explained Sehun who tried to be nonchalant about it.

“You? Joking around with a girl?”, commented a disbelief Chanyeol.

Baekhyun frowned. “And you said you’re not interested in girls.”

He shrugged. “I’m not.”

“We never get to discuss this…”, spoke Junmyeon.

“Because there’s nothing to discuss, hyungs”, replied their maknae who put on his usual stoic expression.

“Still….” His hyungs looked at him suspiciously for a few minutes before giving up because Sehun acted like he didn’t care.

“Anyway, if you’re ‘not’ really that acquainted with her, how did you know Blackpink is not rehearsing today?”, interrogated Jongin.

Sehun sighed. They’re not letting this go, aren’t they? Me and my big mouth.

“Because I just browsed us in the news, y’know, about our airport fashion this morning. And there was also NCT 127’s airport fashion coverage. But no mention of Blackpink.” Quick thinking, man, thought Sehun satisfied.

Baekhyun nodded slowly. “Well who knows, maybe they’re on their way now and will rehearse in the evening.”

Sehun had to contain himself from replying ‘Nope, they’re really not coming today’.

Minseok commented, “He’s at it again. Fanboying over Blackpink.”

“I wonder if we get to see them this Sunday?”, said Baekhyun with a hopeful glint in his eyes, ignoring Minseok’s comment. Chanyeol also looked hopeful, the boys knew he had a little crush on Chaeyoung.

“We have magazine photo shoots and interviews on Sunday, remember?”, reminded Junmyeon.

Baekhyun sighed. “Yeah. Yeah. Just wondering.”

Sehun was wondering about that too.

---

On Saturday morning, Blackpink arrived at Tokyo. They got into their van and went straight to their hotel. They decided to rest a bit since they have no schedule in the morning.

“Let’s decide where to eat for lunch!”, said Jisoo pasionnately.

They were hanging out in Lisa and Chaeyoung’s room.

“How about Seungri oppa’s ramen restaurant?”, asked Chaeyoung.

“Ahreum unnie* said we’ve booked the place for tomorrow’s dinner”, answered Jennie.

*their manager unnie

Lisa held her Rapunzel plushie while commenting, “Ah so we better go to another place.”

“I wonder if we can take a sneak peak of the A-nation venue after or before lunch. I mean,I know our rehearsal is tomorrow morning”, spoke Jisoo who was enjoying the city view from the window.

Their maknae perked up at this. “Do you think we can?”

Jisoo and Jennie shrugged, looking unsure.

Lisa pouted while hugging her Rapunzel plushie tighter.

As the day went by it was certain that she couldn’t make it to the venue and see EXO, so all she could do was text Sehun.

Their text exchanges had increased after he came back from EXO’s US tour and sort of became a daily routine for them.

[Disco King*: So you’re not coming? Meh :(]

*Sehun’s ID on Lisa’s phone

[Pad Thai chef*: Sorryyyyyy Sehun sunbaenim. Good luck for your performance and have fun!]

*Lisa’s ID on Sehun’s phone

Hmph I’m sure he’s gonna be sulky, thought Lisa with a pout.

Meanwhile at EXO’s waiting room…

“Yo Sehunnie wipe off that pout of your face.”

---

The next day Blackpink, iKon and YG staff had an early dinner together after the show.

Lisa quickly exited the restaurant with her manager unnie when they were done eating. She managed to escape from the other members by giving an excuse that she wanted to check Akihabara for games (of course later she would act like she forgot about this and distract her manager unnie). Truth was Lisa wanted to buy something for Sehun, though she knew he probably wasn’t expecting anything from her in return.

Both of them were waiting for their van when suddenly someone shouted her name.

“LISA NOONA~!”

Her eyes widen at the sight of Chanwoo waving while running towards them.

“Phew glad I caught you! I heard from Jisoo noona that you wanted to check games in Akihabara. Can I join too??”, spoke an excited Chanwoo.

“Err…” What is this disturbance??? Omg should I let him come with me? Does this mean I really have to go to Akhihabara????

Then she scanned Chanwoo’s figure. Hmm wait… He’s more or less as tall as Sehun sunbaenim. Body-wise… maybe a bit chubbier? Hmm okay then.

“Yeah sure, but you have to accompany me shopping after that!”

---

Blackpink arrived back in Seoul on Monday. The four of them slumped on their sofa once they entered their apartment.

“Aaah homeee~”, spoke Chaeyoung fondly. Her hand reached for the remote control then the television.

Jisoo got up then went to the kitchen. “Do we have some fruits? I want some fruits~”, sang Jisoo on her way.

After a few advertisements, EXO’ Lotte’s advertisement was played. Jennie and Chaeyoung automatically glanced at Lisa.

“How is your friend aka favorite sunbaenim in Class Zero?”, asked Jennie with a smirk.

Lisa rolled her eyes at her unnie then shrugged. “Probably fine.”

But a moment later she frowned. Why hasn’t he replied my chat yet? She crossed her arms.  He still texted me yesterday when he arrived back home, but went dead silent after the evening. Up till now.

It was Sehun who usually bothered her much with his text messages and always the fastest to reply. That was why no news from him disturbed Lisa a bit (though she wouldn’t admit it).

Sehun’s face filled their television.

Ya weirdo! She scolded him in her thought.