Gone With The Wind

Chosen Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11. Gone With The Wind 

"I’ll fly away my heart with the wind
I’ll give my painful memories to the sky
Wind, please take away my tears
All of my memories that I couldn’t speak of
I’ll fly them past the Milky Way
To a faraway place with the wind

Some day, will I look back from a faraway place?
Then, all of my memories that I couldn’t speak of
I’ll fly them past the Milky Way
To a faraway place with the wind"

('Gone With The Wind' from The 1st ALbum, LOL, by GFRIEND)

The next day, Seulgi woke up to her usual alarm and stretched her arms. She scanned the room and did a double take on the other side of the bed. She blinked hard to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating.

Taeyong had just stirred from his slumber and poured a glass of water for her before getting up to get dressed for work. When it was her turn out of the toilet, she took a step back when she saw her own husband making their bed, something only she would do.

Ignoring him and his sudden change in actions, she got ready according to their rouutine before it was time to head down together. As Seulgi and Taeyong descended down the stairs, Herin and Mark could be seen enjoying breakfaast they prepared, but obviously they did not prepare their reaction to see Seulgi ready to hustle at work.

Herin and Mark’s eyes widened as they watch Seulgi. ‘She was hospitalized yesterday, and now she is thinking of going back to work already?’

“Seulgi, are you sure you can-“

Seulgi held up a finger to them and walked on with Taeyong, as if trying to hush them from saying anything. Taeyong acted indifferently, just as he would if he really did not know about her pregnancy. From that scene, Mark and Herin realised how serious Seulgi was; she does not want to let Taeyong know about the pregnancy.

Mark caught sight of Taeyong’s shifty eyes and glance at him and Mark tugged Herin back and she nodded. “I’ll be driving her to work.” Taeyong said and Mark nodded with a smile, as the left the house for the office.

Mark and Herin quickly retreated back to their room and Herin immediately exclaimed, “I had no idea she was this adamant about not letting Taeyong know about her pregnancy.” Mark nodded as he scratched the back of his head.

“And wait, she’s allowed to go back to work already?” Mark asked and Herin meekly shook her head “She gets 2 days more off, however, the doctor did tell her that she can resume work when she is okay. She’s got some supplements to take but that’s all. I had the same concerns yesterday.” she added in response to his quizzical look.

“It can’t be helped,” Mark sighed before continuing, “Donghae has lined up for us a whole string of meetings, internal and external of the company, and I understand why Seulgi has not much of a choice.” Herin shook her head sadly “Don’t worry I’ll make sure she’s well taken care of.”

“What about me?” her husband asked cheekily and in a cute way and she hit him gently on the bicep. “Don’t I already do that?” she asked and stepped closer, tilting her head towards him. Mark gave her a quick peck before ruffling her hair. “You do, but in this case, less isn’t more, so more affection please!” Herin laughed in disbelief at the Mark right in front of her.

“I’ll be off and spare you my cringey side.” Mark said as he reached for his essential belongings before his wife followed him out to send him off. They exchanged kisses before Herin was seen waving until his figure was almost out of sight.

The atmosphere in the younger couple’s room greatly juxtposed the atmosphere in the older couple’s car. Meanwhile, Taeyong and Seulgi were encased in silence which Seulgi didn’t mind. She reached in her bag and tossed some of her prescribed supplements into before taking some sips of water; she knew she would probably forget if she didn’t take it right there and then. Taeyong’s eyes flickered over to the pills she was trying to discreet about but he mentioned nothing.

Just as Mark described, their day, weeks were going to be jam-packed with executive meetings, meetings with collaborators and other companies. They immediately parted ways as they stepped out of the lift, knowing they will be seeing each other again frequently, and that brought Taeyong some consolation.

Lunch rounded the corner and Taeyong was walking to Seulgi’s office and he was surprised to see his sister-in-law. Herin greeted him with a bow and he saw bento boxes in her hands before he looked at Seulgi’s office door.

Taeyong sped up and gently grabbed her arm before steering her away from Seulgi’s office. “Herin, let’s have a short talk”. Herin was about to protest as their meals would be getting cold. “How long have you been bringing her food”

“For the past few weeks.”

“Thank you. I don’t mean to impose on you, but I do hope you can keep doing it because I’m not the best person for my wife right now”

Herin was caught off guard by his reply and the sudden gratitude. “How is Seulgi’s condition?” Taeyong asked and Herin relayed the doctor’s words. “She's alright, healthy and fit to be a mother, but I think what’s important is minimizing her stress...oh yes, I just want to check in on you too.”

“For what? I’m not the pregnant one.” Taeyong’s reply made her stop in her tracks and she turned to him. “You are the one that impregnated her and that fetus growing inside is your child, Taeyong. Your wellbeing is important too.” Taeyong looked at her and felt that wave of concern she had for Seulgi and him, Taeyong never liked to agree with Donghae, but Herin is perfect for Mark and the family. “Thank you, for valuing us, Herin.”

“What are you thanking me for? We’re all human with emotions but have expectations to meet. Caring is basic and essential.” Herin asked quizzically as he motioned Herin to the direction of Seulgi’s office. “You, and Mark, are the only ones that see Seulgi and I more than instruments and puppets of the family.” Herin kept quiet, knowing this was the truth.

After lunch was over, Seulgi and Taeyong had back-to-back meetings with each other. Taeyong and Seulgi were never surprised, but having him around made her conscious of the lifeform in her and the flurries of emotions and questions, ranging from When should I tell him? How should I tell him? How can I even tell him in a time like this?

Every meeting break, they had, Seulgi would rush out of the room for fresh air to recalibrate her mind to keep up the professionalism she was known for. By the end of the day, as she looked through the corporate calender and the thousand and one things Taeyong, her and Mark and the executives had to work on, there was zero room in her head to think of herself and the pregnancy and Taeyong. ‘The pregnancy will happen inside of me regardless.’ Seulgi thought.

Seulgi allowed herself to get lost in thought and the sudden message to her office by Taeyong surprised her that she instinctively agreed to going back home with Taeyong.

—————

Several weeks have passed and this unusual dynamic between the older couple persisted. Seulgi couldn’t wrap her head around why Taeyong was being different around her. ‘it is impossible for him to detect my pregnancy like that...I don’t even have a pregnancy test kit for him to see.’ and it somehow simply never occurred to her Mark told Taeyong about this.

Taeyong, on the other hand, saw every difference this pregnancy had on her. He notice how frequent she would change her position when she slept, how she would groan in her sleep until she would scuttle to him subconsiously. He found himself her hair and patting and rubbing her back at night as she slept, after realizing how her back is always aching a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter