Chapter 3.5

I Hate That I Don't Hate You

 

 

SIX

do you rlly have to go practice??

its th last day before break

i wanna b w my soulmate :((

[4:04 PM]

BABYG

i always practice on fridays

we can hang tmr

[4:07 PM]

SIX

ur choosing dance practice ovr meeee

[4:07 PM]

BABYG

yeah basically

[4:08 PM]

SIX

D:

[4:10 PM]

BABYG

jk ily <3

[4:10 PM]

SIX

:D

[4:10 PM]

 

Jimin shook his head at Taehyung’s messages before shoving his phone back into his pocket just as he reached the dance room. He slowed as he approached the door, noticing music softly pouring out from inside the room. He peeked inside on the room and almost dropped his bag out of surprise. Jungkook was concentrating as he danced to an awfully tragic song Jimin was sure he had in his ‘songs to cry to’ playlist. Jimin tried not to cringe at Jungkook’s almost robotic movements and expressions contrasting with the very emotional choreo for the very emotional song.

“Hey.” Jimin stepped into the room and waved as Jungkook scrambled to pause the music. His face was red with embarrassment as he gave Jimin a small nod in response.

“I was, uh, about to leave…” He moved to pick up his bag but Jimin stepped forward and held out his hand to stop him.

“You were not about to leave, first of all.” Jimin walked toward him and placed his bag down next to Jungkook’s. “Second of all, what’s that dance for?”

“Oh. It’s for an assignment… for dance class.” Jungkook sheepishly rubbed at his neck.

“I didn’t know you take dance!” Jimin gave him a small smile. “But you definitely need some help. When’s it for?”

“After winter break.”

“You have time! But if you’d let me, I could help you a little bit. I’ve been taking contemporary dance for a while now and it’s all about portraying emotions through your movements… which you need just a teeny tiny... big whole lot of help with.” Jimin chuckled at Jungkook’s wounded expression.

“...Fine.” Jimin grinned and made himself comfortable sitting against the mirror next to the speakers to watch Jungkook. Jungkook wasn’t a bad dancer, Jimin took note of how he was actually quite amazing at it. His problem was that he was made for upbeat pop songs, but the song was very ballad-esque and Jungkook seemed to not realize that he looked like he was in actual, physical pain. The song ended and Jungkook plopped himself onto the floor in front of Jimin, awaiting the boy’s feedback.

“Wow.”

“Wow good or wow bad?”

“Wow both.” Jimin stood and gestured for Jungkook to follow suit. Jungkook stood with a groan and gave Jimin a skeptical look. “You need to loosen up a bit, your movements are too much like you’re trying to make this a pop choreo.” He pulled Jungkook’s arm, dragged him closer and turned him around so that they could look at each other in the mirror. “Do the part from the chorus.” Jungkook did as he was told, following Jimin’s soft humming. Jimin made him repeat it a few times so that he could see what the movements were.

“Look,” Jimin adjusted Jungkook’s posture for the first move. “You need to make them flow more, make your movements more fluid. Don’t lose your style but don't make every movement so sharp.” He demonstrated a quick second of choreo and pointed at Jungkook to repeat it. Jimin could tell that he was extremely focused on replicating Jimin’s naturally fluid movements but tried to not laugh at the face the younger boy was making. “Better. But try not to look like you’re ting a brick maybe?” Jungkook whipped his head around to glare at Jimin directly, but his frown crumbled when the boy began giggling. Jungkook felt a strange fluttering sensation in his chest and rubbed his palms against his pants nervously. He didn’t know what it was exactly, but he shrugged it off thinking that he must have eaten something weird earlier that was making his stomach do a flip. (Read: Jungkook is an emotionally constipated teenager.)

 

JIHYUNNIE

hyung

r u almost done with practice?

[5:34 PM]

dad said hes on his way home

[5:56 PM]

jiminnie hyuuuung

where are youuu??

taehyungie hyung says ur not answering him either and that ur usually on ur way back by now ://

[6:27 PM]

dad’s gonna flip his if you dont answer soon

[6:46 PM]

MINNIE

1. l a n g u a g e you lil

2. im omw home now

3. i... lost track of time…

[7:03 PM]

 


 

here's the chapter i promised! it's short and not super important to the plot but it gives a lil more insight to the development of their relationship. also i typed this up at like... 2 am so i apologize if it's not the best... heh

p.s. if you didn't know, babyg and six were possible stagenames for jimin and taehyung, respectively. and jihyun is jimin's irl bro who is the same age as jungkook.