Chapter 3

I Hate That I Don't Hate You

 

 

“Chim, pleeeeease.” Taehyung tugged on Jimin’s arm as he tried to stand from where he was sitting next to the boy.

“Tae… You know I’m not invited and if they saw me there I’d get so much .” Jimin tried to take his arm away from Taehyung but the boy’s grip was too strong. “C’mon Tae, I gotta go to class.” Taehyung smirked and pulled Jimin into his lap, wrapping his arms around the boy’s small torso. “Tae!”

“Jimin!” Taehyung mocked Jimin’s exasperated tone, an elfish grin on his face. “Look. Jackson and his dogs are gonna be too busy getting ed to even notice that you’re there.” Jimin pressed his face against Taehyung’s hair, trying to stifle a laugh. “It’s your first Christmas in a big city like this, you have to party like a city boy.”

“When did you say it was?”

“Next Saturday before break ends. You come back from Busan on Thursday so you have no excuse not to go.” Jimin shifted so that he could look at his friend. He groaned when he saw Taehyung’s eyes wide and pleading.

“Fine, fine.” Jimin rolled his eyes as Taehyung cheered and shot him a triumphant smirk. “Where is it?”

“It’s at Mark’s house, he graduated from here last year and him and Jackson are pretty close. His house is really big and super fancy so he always throws the most awesome parties.”

“That tells me literally nothing about the actual location.”

“Don't worry about it my sweet Jiminnie,” He gently pushed Jimin off of his lap and danced around the empty classroom as he gathered his scattered belongings. “I’ll pick you up at 8.” He winked at Jimin before grabbing his bag and heading towards the door. “The bell’s about to ring and my class is on the other side of the building so I’ve got to get going.”

“Wait!” Jimin stood as he realized something. Taehyung stopped, his hand on the door’s handle. “What am I supposed to wear?” Taehyung thought for a second before waving his hand dismissively at the boy.

“I got you. I’ll be at your house an hour earlier to bring some clothes and help you get ready, ok?” Jimin narrowed his eyes, unsure if he should trust his friend to not bring him something too revealing. Jimin nodded reluctantly, suspicious of the way his friend flashed him a grin before stepping out of the classroom with a smirk and a flippant wave of his hand. Jimin sat back down, rubbing his temples as the bell rang. He wasn't actually in a rush to leave, his class wasn’t too far from the room he had spent his lunch period in, so he stayed sitting until he heard the second bell. He groaned softly, standing and picking up his bag off of the floor. He made his way out of the classroom slowly, putting on his headphones. Jimin leisurely walked to his class, not paying any mind to the almost empty hall as he walked, his eyes half closed as he quietly hummed to himself. He kept his eyes on the ground, counting the awful dull green tiles with each step. He stopped abruptly when a pair of shoes stepped into his line of sight. He pulled his one of his headphones out and looked up, finding himself face to face with Jungkook, a determined glint in his eyes. They were standing barely a foot apart and Jimin quickly pulled out his other headphone out of shock. Jungkook had left Jimin alone since he got a makeover from Taehyung, almost never present when Jackson and the other boys were harassing Jimin.

“Hi.” Jungkook had begun pulling on the hairs on the nape of his neck, giving Jimin an anxious smile.

“Hi?” Jimin tilted his head, the class he was supposed to be heading to completely forgotten as the boy sparked his curiosity.

“I-I owe you an apology.”

“For?”

“I… I didn’t mean to make you dye your hair.” He looked away with a face similar to that of a child waiting for a scolding.

“Pardon?”

“You were so different the next time I saw you after telling you to change… I didn’t think you’d take what I said seriously.” Jungkook looked back to the older boy, a pout on his face. “I felt really bad about it after… I’m really glad you didn’t completely trash your old style though, the striped shirts suit you.” Jimin flushed, looking down at his knees through the ripped jeans he had on.

“That happened like two months ago, you don’t have to apologize.” He gave Jungkook a small smile. “Plus, it was about time I changed my hair color and the black was a welcome change.”

“I still feel bad about what I said.” He took a step back and bowed. “I’m sorry.” Jimin could feel the heat on his neck as he stared at Jungkook, his eyes wide with shock. Was that really the same Jeon Jungkook that Jimin had met that first day at school?

“I… it’s ok, I forgive you.” Jungkook gave him a shy smile, his face just as red as Jimin’s felt.

“I should let you get to class now,” He bowed quickly again and began walking in the opposite direction. After a few long paces Jungkook spun to face Jimin, who was still frozen in place. “See you around hyung!” He gave Jimin a small wave before turning back and continuing down the hall.

“What. The .”

 


 

hello hi ok. i know it's been a while and this was a really short chapter but i swear the next one will be a lot longer and much more interesting ;) hope you enjoyed this chapter and stick around for the next update!

on a more serious note, i'm not a shawol and i don't really know much about Jonghyun... but i was still a wreck last week because of his death. i hope that all of you are doing well and have someone to talk to and reach out for when you're not doing well, and if anyone needs someone to talk or rant to i'm always here to lend an ear willing to listen.

EDIT: i know i said that i was gonna put up the long chapter soon but i got a spontaneous idea so expect a kind of short chapter 3.5 tomorrow ;)