You did this Hyung!

In the Eyes of Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A boy laid in the grassy field, he could feel the warmth of the sun on his pale skin and the wind blowing his hair gently. His peace was interrupted when he felt something fall into his face.  

 As he fluttered his eyes open, a bit of white covered his vision. The boy Lifted the the flower off his face and winced when a thorn nipped his finger. The boy snorted, it didn't cut his face when it got blown by the wind and yet when he picks it up it did?

Taking a knife from his pocket, the boy cut the thorns off and smiled. This way he wouldn't get pricked. 

Knowing that he won't drawl blood, the boy touched the soft white petal in glee. His blood had stained the petal with red but he didn't care. He twirled the flower in his hands and couldn't help but to feel sadness. Flowers were a rare site now days, it was a wonder how this one found him. It was wilting, it's petals curling in on itself with the bud hanging low as if it were ashamed of wilting.

A laugh escaped the boy's lips and if one saw him, they'd say he looked ethereal. His eyes held a certain sadness in them which only seemed to work in his favor, not that he knew that.

"Ah what has become of Heaven for you to become like this?" The boy said as he stared at the white rose.

Heaven was supposed to be for the good, it was supposed to be a utopia, a place were one found peace, but the boy supposed that was the the problem. It was supposed to be a utopia. When in history has a Utopia ever worked?Plus the name itself was doomed, utopia meant "no place" in Latin, how could anyone go to a place that never existed?

Like all utopia's, Heaven faired pretty well at first, it had lived up to its expectations. Everyone was happy, life was good, but somewhere along the line someone wanted more, and that was when everything fell apart.

Heaven soon became corrupt, of course it wasn't as gruesome as Hell but that was up for debate. Heaven's corruption wasn't like Hell's corruption. No, heaven made it their job to hide their corruption. Most citizens of Heaven lived on obliviously, not knowing what their government was up too. Not that the boy blamed them, they were in heaven, no one had thought that it could become corrupt. They all thought that their troubles were over, after all Heaven was supposed to be a safe haven. 

As a matter of fact he was once no better than them. When he first entered heaven, he was enthralled in its beauty, it surpassed everything he had ever imagined. He was so enthralled that he had missed all the cracks in the beauty and it wasn't till he joined the government of heaven that he saw what was truly going on.

People who were there for long began to tire of Heaven. They felt that they were stuck in a endless cycle, they had become numb to their lives. So they sought out thrills. It began with petty crimes before soon it evolved into serious matters. Kidnappings, murder, robberies, these were only some of the crimes being committed. Once the government caught their culprits, they didn't kill them, no the erased their memories and threw them back into city. Often he'd run into the same individuals who often never learned. 

These people were addicted to the adrenaline, they lived for it. It was what kept them from falling into routines according to the individual's he caught.

"Sunggyu-ah!" 

The boy, otherwise known as Sunggyu, looked up.

"Do you know how long it took for me to find you?" The voice whined as Sunggyu stared. "Yah! Stop it! Your eyes are scary when you do that!"

"Yah! Is that how you talk to your elders?!" Sunggyu exclaimed and only intensified his stare.

"N-no hyung!" The voice stuttered.

"That's what I thought." Sunggyu said before asking, "Why are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter