Just Hold Me Tight, Bad Girl

Hana's Stories about Hoseok

Title : Just Hold Me Tight, Bad Girl
Characters : Jung Hoseok (J-Hope) X Hang Jiwon
Genre : Thriller

"Just hold me tight, bad girl..."


Hoseok’s POV

I grabbed the doorknob and twisted it, letting the cold night air inside. Before I could even take a peek, the door gave me a rough ‘kiss’ right into my face. A girl sauntered in fast and landed herself on the couch after dumping her stuff on the floor in the middle of my living room.

“At least tell me who the hell are you to barge into my house?” I questioned sternly as I stood before her. She’s straight up looking like a delinquent ran away from home.

She rolled her eyes and drew something out from her backpack. She shoved a letter towards me without even looking at me. Rude.

I snatched the letter and instantly opened the fold. The content was super shocking.

“Jiwon? You’re Hang Jiwon? My neighbor 10 years ago? No way,” Jiwon looked up while frowning.

“If you don’t believe me, just give the old lady a call. I’m tired as hell right now so fck off,” She slipped off from her jacket and lay down on the couch, shutting her eyes tight. I gritted on my teeth and stepped away to get my phone.

‘I’m so sorry, Hoseok-ah. It’s not a first time her father kicks Jiwon out and your mother said maybe Jiwon could change if she’s staying away from us. Your mother suggested your place. She’s your old friend maybe she’ll listen to you. I’m asking you favor, Hoseok-ah. I’ll send some allowance for both of you,’

“I’ll see what I can do about it. (silence) Okay. I’ll pay you a visit soon. Good night,”

This will be a long ride.

XXXXX

I woke up with anxious feelings controlling me. I don’t know what to expect, staying with a 3 years old younger rude girl under the same roof.

My entire body jolted as a bang against my door sounded.

Yah, wake up! I’m hungry!”

I pushed away my blanket and opened the door, revealing her frowning face. I exhaled a heavy sigh while walking passed her towards the kitchen.

The conditions of my living room almost give me a heart attack. I never have seen it being in this mess.

Yah, clean up your mess,”

“I don’t want to. Hurry up and cook the goddmn food!”

I turned to my back, facing the culprit caused her to jump a little. I stared her right into her gaze with serious face. I can’t believe she changed so much since our childhood years. She was a shy and sweet little girl who’s always asked for my protection back then.

“This is MY house. Know your place. Clean up your mess or else I’ll make you starve for life,” Jiwon clearly shocked at my threat. She looked away and put down her crossed arms from my intense stare and walked ahead. She started to pick up her things.

“Good girl,” I snickered. She grasped on her clothes while glaring at me.

“I’m not anyone’s girl!”

“Then should I call you ‘bad girl’ instead? Suits you more,” I flashed a smirk before walking into the kitchen. I heard her throwing her things in frustrations. It’s not so bad having someone to tease.

XXXXX

“I told you SO many times; put your dirty clothes into the laundry basket! How hard is it to do that?!” I don’t know how my voice sounds after shouting so much for these past weeks. I sounded more like my mother with all of these naggings.

“Stop shouting! I can fcking hear you,” I heard her shouting back from the living room.

“Language. You’re really a bad girl!”

“Geez, fine!” Jiwon appeared by her room’s door. She walked in and pick up her clothes quietly but I’m sure she’s cursing me out inside.

“Ah, I think I won’t be back tonight. Got a case to be work on. You’ll be fine alone, right?” I walked away from but Jiwon suddenly gasped.

“NO!” I turned to her, puzzled. I noticed how her eyes trembled. Her arms were shaking.

“What’s up with you today? You always ask me to leave you alone,” I stepped back towards her. I tried to look into her gaze but she glued her gaze onto the floor.

“N-Nothing. F-F-FINE! Just go and do whatever the fck you wanna do. Don’t fcking mind me,” Jiwon hugged her clothes close to her chest and bumped into my shoulders. I stumbled few steps to my back.

“LANGUA-,”

“JUST SHUT UP,”

I blinked few times to process what happened just now. It’s going to be fine, right?

XXXXX

“Good work, everyone!” I stretched my entire body after finally shutting down my computer. My other colleagues said the same thing towards each other. I massaged my aching head, giving some pressure on it. I looked at my phone and noticed there’s nothing come from Jiwon. I smiled.

‘I know it would be fine. She over reacted,’ I spoke in my mind. I grabbed my coat and bag. I left my work station after rechecking some things.

‘Two hours left then she’ll go out for her class. I should buy her breakfast,’

XXXXX

I arrived at my doorstep. After putting in the passcode, the door unlocked. The house was surprisingly clean and neat. That’s weird.

“Jiwon-ah! Hang Jiwon!” No answers. I knocked on her door at the end of the short hallway and got another shock because she didn’t lock her door. She always said I’ll try to do something weird, thinking I can’t control myself so on. Nonsense.

I went inside her room. It’s filled with her mess but no traces of her. I took a glance on my wrist watch. It’s still early so where is she?

“There’s no way she went to class already. Did she?” I mumbled under my breath. My head started to ache once again, caused me to groan. I closed the door and decided to think positive. I ate my breakfast alone and went to sleep right away.

XXXXX

My phone rang, woke me up from my long sleep. I frowned at the noise and sat up slowly. Grabbing the phone, I swiped my finger to answer it without bothering to check on the ID.

“Hello?”

‘Jung Hoseok! You need to- *sobs* help me. I-*sobs* I’m so afraid right now!’

“Hang Jiwon? Yah, what’s wrong? Where are you?!” I refreshed right away from my drowsiness.

‘Help me! I’m at- *gasp * Let me go, you bastard! Spare me! SAVE ME! ARGHHHHHH!!!’

“HANG JIWON!”

*toot*

I broke into cold sweat at her scream. This is clearly not a prank. I heard her sobs. She won’t cry for nothing.

I quickly swiped through my apps and tapped on a tracker application. Yup, I installed one on her phone in secret. My hand moves fast so do my brain. After I confirmed the location, I grabbed my jacket and stormed out. I snatched my keys on the coffee table and ran out from my house.

My hands were trembled so much while driving. I inhaled deep breath few times to calm down. I need to keep calm. I regretted for leaving her alone last night. I should have notice how she’s getting afraid all of sudden instead of acting so tough.

I stepped on and the car moves through the silent road. I followed the GPS navigations until I arrived to a quite neighborhood. I stopped the car in front of a big house. It looks very luxurious. I made a quick phone call.

I scanned around before stepped out from my car. I need to make sure no one spot me. I walked a little further from the main gate. I managed to climb over the tall fence around the house. I tried so hard to minimize the noises I made.

Tip toeing towards the door, I realized I’m at the garden. That’s when I heard a loud scream coming towards my way. I narrowed my gaze and my eyes widened two times larger.

“HANG JIWON!” I called out. A figure appeared from the corner at the back of the house. It’s her. She looked terrible. Her hands were tied too.

Jiwon headed towards me, right into my embrace. She sobbed hard while stuttering. Her entire body trembled so hard. I pulled away and took a look on her face.

“What happened?” I asked. She inhaled few times while hiccupping few times.

“Stalker! He followed me many times. He- *sobs* kidnapped me because I don’t want to date him after he confessed. Do-*sobs* something, please, I beg you!” Her red eyes were trembling so much.

I noticed some bruises and her corner of lips was bleeding. Her hair was in a total mess and her shirt was almost torn. My grip on her shoulders tightened. It’s my fault.

“Who’s that?! GO GET HIM!” I looked to my front and suddenly a group of thugs was rushing their way towards me.

I pushed Jiwon to my back while getting ready to fight. I need to protect her.

“Freeze and put down your weapons!” I shouted. The thugs paused abruptly at my shout. They laughed it off without expecting anything.

“Who are you to tell us that? You’re a police? Stop pretending,” One of them made fun of me. I bit on my lips while balling my fist.

“Hell yeah, I’m a police. You’ll regret meeting me,”

They seemed to be ignoring my words. They lifted their weapons and started attacking.

“STOP, IT’S THE POLICE,” It suddenly became hectic with polices barged from all directions. I exhaled in relief. Jiwon started to cry again. The thugs ran for their life but since my colleagues all very experienced, they were caught in no time.

“You’re okay, Mr. Jung?” My junior came closer. I nodded and put my hands on my waist.

“What took you so long? I became a laughing stock because I left my badge and gun,” I massaged my temple. My junior chuckled but stopped right away after saw my poker face.

“Please come to the police station with your girlfriend to help with the investigations,” He bowed timidly. I almost chocked at his words.

“We’re not-!”

“Yeah, yeah, sure. See you later, Mr. Jung,” I sighed at his tease. My attention turned back onto Jiwon who plopped right on the ground. She was still crying out loud.

I squatted down before reaching her hands and untied it. She instantly hugged me tight. Her cry became louder.

“I was afraid. I thought I was going to die. I kept praying for you to save me,” I can’t help but to smile. I pulled her closer and softly caressed her hair. She kept hiccupping in my embrace.

“Idiot. You should have told me everything in the first place. I would have lose you,”

“Stop- *sobs* Stop nagging. Be more considerate. I almost die,” She’s still taking back after come back from near-death situation. I felt like crying all of sudden. When I thought of Jiwon’s dying, my heart clenched so hard.

Jiwon pulled away and looked into my eyes. I gave her a warm smile caused her to smile along. But it didn’t last long before she frowned again.

“It’s your fault for leaving me alone last night. As a punishment, you need to protect me at all cost. It’s your duty to keep the citizens safe, right? I’m the most important of all so be there for me,” She was amusingly talking a lot tonight. But I can feel her body shaking in fear despites of her bold talking.

“You’re still scared?” I asked. Jiwon avoided my gaze and hugged me once again. I felt her nodding slowly. I shut my eyes and tightened my hold around her small frame. She’s still the same. The same girl I befriend with. The same girl I fell in love with.

“Just hold me tight, bad girl,”

 

[END]