Let Me Know

Hana's Stories about Hoseok

 

 

 

Title : Let Me Know
Characters : You as Lee Jiyoung X Jung Hoseok (J-Hope)
Genre : Angst
Based on : Let Me Know by BTS

"Let me know that it's over..."


‘The number you have dialed is not answering. Please…,’ He threw the phone away from his ear. He’s sick of that unknown woman answering instead of her. He turned to his side, letting his leg touch the cold floor.

Glancing at the window, he sighed. Where all the stars go? It’s so dark outside without a single light. Just like in the day. The sun didn’t show up. It’s cloudy all day.

He stood up and makes his way to the bathroom. He rinsed his hand after he the tap and splashed the water onto his face. Weakly, he looked up onto his reflection. He stared into his own dark gaze and gloomy expression.

He slowly lifted his hand and put it on his cheeks. He shut his eyes tight, trying to imagine your soft touch on his skin. Somehow he smiled while feeling the heat from your imaginary palm, making his face warmer.

“I miss you. Where are you, Jiyoung-ah?”

His shoulder jumped as he heard a loud thud from the outside. He closed the tap and sauntered out immediately. He stopped abruptly because of the sight of you trying to stand up. He took a quick look at the window. He saw an unfamiliar car passing by, again.

“Jiyoung,” He called out. You blinked few times to make your vision clearer.

Urmm…” You answered. You sat up while supporting your body using your arms.

“Hoseokie? I’m back~~!” Your cooing voice somehow brought up Hoseok’s temper. He pulled you closer to him and lifted you up in bridal style. You put your arms around his neck and rested your head onto his chest.

Oh? I can hear your heartbeat. BadumpBadump…” Your breath full of alcohol stench caused Hoseok to look away from you but he continued his steps until both of you arrived at the room. He put you on the bed and you rolled away as if you know where the pillows located.

He inhaled deeply, held it in and let it out. After he caught his breath, he sat by the bed. He inverted his gaze onto your drunken face.

“Who’s that guy?” He questioned. You opened your heavy eyes and grinned widely.

“My new boyfriend. Wait! Boy… Friend… Get it?” You swayed your finger in the air without proper direction.

“What’s the difference..?” Hoseok muttered under his breath.

“There’s a different! He is my boy… friend. You’re my boyfriend! See! There’s a different!” Your expressions turned hard while you explaining the unnecessary.

“But you know what? He’s SO NICE! He bought me drinks and danced with me. He even sent me home! Isn’t he sweet? I wish he could do that every day,” Hoseok’s eyes widen at your words. Is this really you? People said one true self will be reveal when he drunk but Hoseok absolutely didn’t prepare for this.

“Every day? Are you serious?” Hoseok asked. His ears started to reddens. Anyone could tell he’s jealous but who’ll not? To his surprise, you nodded. You nodded with the widest smile plastered on your face.

“Sure! I will accept it with AAAL OF MY HEART! He’s handsome, gentleman and kind. I wonder if he’ll date me,” You giggled unconsciously and hugged the pillow tight, showing your excitement. On the other side, Hoseok’s face turned fully red. He can’t stand this anymore.

With a swift movement, he pulled you up harshly and makes you facing him. He locked his gaze in yours with unstable breath. If he’s a ticking bomb, he would explode.

“What are you doing…? It’s hu-,”

“LEE JI YOUNG!!” You gasped. Your cheerful face faded right after his shout rushed into your hearing. Everything became really quiet even the crickets stopped making any noises.

“Who am I?”

“Jung Hoseok,”

“Who am I?!”

“Jung Hoseok. I told you just now,”

“WHO THE FCK AM I TO YOU?!”

“My boyfriend….?” You stuttered. He clenched his fist tighter causing you to yelp at his strong grip.

“Let me go!”

“NO, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SHOULD LET ME GO,” You noticed his tears dripping through his cheeks. Your senses came back a little. You cleared your throat and lifted your palm, placing it on his cheeks.

He froze at your touch. This touch was not the one he’s been missing. It’s not the one he’s been longing for these past months. It’s not as warm as always. More precisely, he can’t feel the warmth of your love.

“Lee Jiyoung, tell me. Do you love me?” You nodded.

“But why… Why you did this to me?”

“Do what?” You replied. You may be a little sober but you were still slow to catch up the situation.

“What have I done? Why are you crying?” You caressed his cheeks. He brushed your hands off and stood up.

“Did I like you too much? How can I stand all of this sht without even get angry at you? I’m such an idiot,” He chuckled and walked away. Following your instinct, you stood up and got a hold on his wrist. You were still drunk so you can’t stand still. Hoseok just turned to you, following the burden of your weight.

“What are you saying, Hoseok-ah? I can’t understand,” You asked. He squatted until his eyes reached your eye’s level,

“Do you remember our promises? We’ll spend time together every day. That’s the reason we’re living together until now. You said it yourself; you’ll be by my side. I was fired and you changed. Every time I want to talk about us, you just said you’re tired. You disappeared every day and night. How could you, Lee Jiyoung,” You shook your head at his statements. He was just held your gaze.

“Let’s end this,” He stood up and went out from the room. You dragged yourself nearer to the bed with mixed feelings. You don’t know what to feel, what to do. Cry? Laugh? You don’t know.

You were about to grab the glass on the bedside table when your hand slipped causing everything fell on the floor. You shrieked until you saw a sticky note fell along with the things. You picked it up and your heart stopped again. You read Hoseok’s handwriting while tears escaped your eyes.

“I know... I know long time ago. I know everything is over. I know you’re over me. But just… just let me know. I want to hear you own voice, your own feelings telling me that it’s over,”

 

[END]