Say Yes

Hana's Stories about Hoseok

 

 

 

Title : Say Yes
Characters : You as Kang Chaeyoung X Jung Hoseok (J-Hope)
Genre : Fluff
Based on : Say Yes by Loco and Punch

“Tell me with your lips….”

*****

It was just a normal day in winter. The walk path appeared to be pure white as snow has covered almost entire pavement. All of random people were wearing their winter coat to keep their body warm. A guy could be seen sitting by the window of a café. He was staring thoughtlessly at something that moving around the café. Maybe someone.

Once at a time, he’ll tighten his grip on the cup of hot chocolate in front of him and take a sip. Perfect mixture of warm chocolate and milk flowed smoothly though his esophagus.

“Yo,” Hoseok’s shoulders jumped at the knock on the table. His gazed upwards with a small frown on his face. His frown turned into a smile after he realized who that person was.

“You’re here,” Namjoon took a sit across Hoseok. He slipped off his long black coat before folded it neatly and put it on the empty seat beside him. Namjoon was quick witted as always. With a wide grin on his face, he cocked his fine brows towards Hoseok.

“She’s beautiful, isn’t she?”

“Yeah… She- Yah! Stop that,” Hoseok flabbergasted by Namjoon’s attack.

“You just need to walk over there and say ‘Hey,’ or something,” Namjoon’s suggestion was refused right away. Hoseok shook his head few times before sighing.

“I don’t even know if she has a boyfriend,” Hoseok stated.

“Then ask! Damn, you’re frustrating, you know that?” Namjoon’s reply was ignored. It’s not because Hoseok didn’t hear it. It’s just you’re stepping nearer. Hoseok’s heart skipped a beat as gaps between you and him decreased.

“Hello. May I take your order?” Hoseok kept his stare on you even though you were focusing on Namjoon since he just arrived.

“I’ll have Latte,” You jotted the order down on your small notebook. After you done, you turned your attention on Hoseok. Your gazes were locked. You gasped because of his intense stare. Hoseok realized his weird action and quickly back to being normal. He almost forgot how to breathe.

“What about you?” Hoseok shook his head slow and gave his hella awkward smile. You smiled back and slipped your notebook into your apron pocket.

“I see you didn’t have your favorite cake today?” Hoseok shocked and so do Namjoon. You just chuckled at his reaction.

“You always order the same cake. I remembered you. Anyway, your order will arrive shortly,” You gave both of them a timid bow. You looked into Hoseok’s gaze once again. You stopped for few seconds before you smiled again.

You stepped away from their table, leaving Hoseok mesmerized by the situation. His mind can’t process properly. Namjoon glanced away with deep chuckles escaped his mouth. Hoseok’s reactions are always priceless when it comes to you.

“Did you…. see that? She… recognized… me”

“I saw it, Hoseok. Now close your lips already,”

Hoseok then shut his lips tight and gulped hard.

*****

“May I sit here?” Hoseok can’t hear the voice since his hearing was controlled by the music blasting through his earphone. A single tap on his shoulder caused him to turn to his side.

“WHAT THE- Huh?” Hoseok confused. He scanned around him and back to the person who was standing beside him.

“You attended this college?” That question naturally blurted out by Hoseok. You, who were taken aback, pressed your lips into thin line. Your memory reminded you about Hoseok.

“Oh, the cake guy! Hello!” You greeted lively. You grasped your bag’s strap and shrugged your shoulders once.

“And yeah… It’s my third semester,” Hoseok’s eyes almost popped out from its socket. How come he never notices you? You’re very special in his eyes.

“But I never saw you before…” His reply brought you to smile. That smile is killing him inside.

“I always rushed from my other part-time job. Today’s my day off so.. yeay! Got here early,”Silence fell between both of you.

“So.. can I?” Hoseok realized your things in your embrace. He quickly moves, giving you space to sit. You added a warm smile after you said your gratitude to him. Hoseok nodded with his eyes wandering without any proper target.

Just before Hoseok can say anything, your professor stepped in. He sighed instead and grabbed his notebook harshly. You glanced at him with an unexplainable smile.

Hoseok can’t focus that well with you sitting beside him. You suddenly nudged him with your elbow. His eyes blinked few times and he turned to you while lifting his brows. The professor hated when her students talking in class so you quickly wrote something on a pink-coloured sticky note before passing it to Hoseok.

‘I’m Chaeyoung. Kang Chaeyoung,’ Hoseok looked up on you after reading it with a grin. He wrote something too under your short message. You took it back as he handed it to you.

‘Jung Hoseok. Call me Hoseok,’ both of you smiled at the same time but instantly looked down onto inexistent notes on the table as the professor shot a glare towards your way.

*****

Hoseok dropped his bag on the floor and threw his body onto his comfortable bed. A smile didn’t leave his face since you spoke to him after the class ended just now.

“Hope we’ll get along,” He reminisced by your sweet voice. He grabbed his one and only cute horse plushie doll. He stared at it while muttering,

“I can’t believe this is happening,”

*****

The bell near the door clashed each other, showing that someone entered the café. Hoseok ruffled his hair after he pulled his hoodie toward his back. He looked around until his gaze stopped onto you who were cleaning one of the tables at the corner of the café.

Hoseok stood behind you silently. You kept humming an unknown pleasant melody while wiping off the table.

“I know you’re there,” Hoseok jumped at your sudden voice. You straightened your back from bending and faced Hoseok.

“Should I get your usual order?” Hoseok grinned and nodded once. You let out a soft chuckle and turned your heels to the counter. Hoseok chose to sit by the window, his favorite seats. Actually he can see the perfect view of the sky from this seat. Not to forget an angel in disguise at the counter.

Hoseok furrowed as soon as the thunder strike, caused loud roar-like sound echoed. Rain started to pour heavily. Hoseok started to worry because he didn’t bring an umbrella along.

“Here’s your order, sir,” You placed the tray at the side of the table. You noticed Hoseok’s troubled face so you decided to take a sit across the table.

“Hey, what’s wrong? You’re scared of thunders?” Hoseok replied with is head shook timidly.

“No~ it just… I don’t have any umbrella with me,” You clicked your tongue and brought your hands together.

“I have one! Let’s share. But I still have around 15 minutes for my shift. You can wait?” Hoseok paused the conversation for a few seconds and he nodded. You put his cup of coffee and slice of cake off the tray.

“Great. I’ll finish up ASAP,” You lifted the tray and walked away. Hoseok kept his gaze on you with a small smile.

Seconds turned to minutes. Finally you changed your to your casual clothes. You held your clear transparent umbrella in your left hand and your coat in your right.

“Good work, guys!” You said to your co-workers.

“Yeah, have fun with your boyfriend!” You almost chocked on your saliva.

“He’s not m-!”

“Yeah yeah. But I’m sure he’ll be one,” Your co-worker gave a quick wink. You rolled your eyes and sighed. You bid a goodbye. Hoseok already waited for you at the entrance. As you stepped closer, he got a hold on the umbrella.

“Wear your coat. It’s cold,” You took a quick look at the outside. It’s still pouring like there’s no tomorrow. After you done slipped into your long coat, Hoseok pushed the door open. Both of you instantly stood under the umbrella. You didn’t realize you were too close with Hoseok.

You heard Hoseok’s fast heartbeat. His warm breath grazed your forehead softly. You gazed upwards and both of you locked gaze. Hoseok wished time can stop at the moment but he thought that you could be uncomfortable.

“Sorry,” Hoseok stepped away. You hugged yourself and flashed a quick smile.

“Let’s go,” Hoseok nodded and followed your steps through the heavy rain.

The journey was accompanied by soft rain sounds. No one seemed to show any sign to break the silence.

“May I ask you something?” His deep voice interrupted. You replied ‘sure’ right away.

“Are you okay we’re walking like this?” You gazed towards him quizzically.

“Why do you even ask that? I won’t let you get soak in rain. Besides, I always hoped someone can walk me home,” Your answer brought his curiosity higher.

“You walked home alone? Don’t you have like a boyfriend to walk with you?” Hoseok screamed out loud inwardly. ‘That’s was very smooth, Hoseok,’ Finally he get to ask about it.

You stopped abruptly caused Hoseok to put a stop on his steps too. You grabbed the umbrella from his hold and closed it. Hoseok looked up only to found the rain has stopped. He cursed inside. He wants to walk closer to you longer.

“I don’t have time for that. Study, part-time job, my days are fully occupied,” Hoseok could dance if he lose his mind at the moment. He kept his cool with a little smirk on his face.

“So.. If your life becomes more stable, will you have one?” You let out a small chuckle. You then shrugged your shoulders, gazing towards the clear sky.

“I already have one, in my dreams. I’m just waiting for that someone to confess,” Hoseok chocked on his own saliva. You hit the bull eye.

“Oh... Someone from our department? Or regular customer? Do I know him?” ‘Just shut your dmn mouth!’ Hoseok scolded himself for asking those.

“Ding dong daeng! Yes for all of them! You’re pretty smart,” You nudged his elbow before continue walking. Hoseok knitted his eyebrows with mixed feelings.

Without wasting any second, he suddenly grabbed your wrist. You turned to your back, having a small heart attack. You landed your gaze down onto his hand, gripping your wrist. You can feel his strength.

“I know its may be ridiculous but... Is it me?” You widened your eyes, faking a shock expression.

“Oh my god, why would you think so?” Your answer hit him pretty hard. His pride was hurt. Slowly, his grip loosened. You noticed it in no time.

“Hey, look at me,” You said. You locked gaze with him. Hoseok stared into your gaze, his eyes were twinkling. A smile crept onto your lips. Your smile was pretty infectious on him. He smiled along, awkwardly.

“I’m going to say something and I want you to say ‘Yes’to each one of them. No choice. Say it with your own lips. Nods are not accepted,” You muttered, almost like a whisper that soothed Hoseok’s hearing.

“You came to the café mostly because you want to see me. Is that right?” Hoseok hesitated for a moment while pursing his lips.

“Yes,”

“You don’t have a girlfriend, right?”

”Yes,”

“You want to be my boyfriend?”

“Yes,” Hoseok answered. Within a second, his eyes became two times larger.

“Wait, WHAT?” You intertwined your fingers between his, caused his entire body to jolt in surprise.

“Then it’s our Day-1,” Hoseok can’t believe his ears, his eyes, his senses. He can’t say a word.

“One more question,” Hoseok still kept his puzzled expression.

“You love me?” Hoseok gulped down hard. Nodding his head, he said,

“Yes,”

“Took you long enough to say that,” Hoseok flushed at your words. He hated himself for letting you lead his confession. His wish to be a manly man in front of you crumbled down entirely.

“You can step up your game and make my heart flutter next time,” You tiptoed a little and pinched his nose softly. His red face suddenly changed 180 degree. Hoseok surrounded his strong arms around your waist, pulling you close onto his fit body. You don’t know what to do in that situation so your body became stiff like a log.

“Can you hear that?” You lifted your brows and kept your lips shut. As the silence controlled, a soft fast thumping came into your hearing. It’s Hoseok’s heartbeat.

“You have no idea how fast my heart beats when I see you. You gave me heart attack when you smiles. Take responsibility on me,”

“Yeah… Sure??” You gave an uncertain reply. When you calmed down, you gave him a tight hug. Hoseok gasped but naturally hugged you back. It was chilly because of the past-rain wind but both of you warmed each other with that hug. Your grin didn’t leave your face because of the fact that this fine guy, Jung Hoseok became yours.

 

 

(END)

 

Author's note
Yeay!! Finallly posted this XD Took me long enough. As always, tell me what you think down below! Thanks for reading my lame story. Love ya, my Precious!

-Hana-