Chapter 7

Unbreakable bond

Tae got back and his pack was super happy when he returned. They even got happier when they figured Jin was not with him.Tae never told them what happened and they didn’t care. They were happy as long as they had their alpha who would protect them. No one cared about what happened to an unworthy omega who was too much trouble for them.

But Yoongi noticed. He might look cold and harsh, but he also knew his little cousin better than anyone else. He knew something was wrong when the alpha came back without his mate who he cared so much for. Tae was more quiet than usual and he looked like he was done with everything. After 3 months of putting up with his , Yoongi finally decided to talk to him. One night when they were drinking in yoongi’s tent, Tae lost control and started crying while Yoongi comforted him

Yoongi: Hey, hey, hey! what‘s wrong little cousin? Didn’t know you were still a baby!

Tae ignored him and continued crying in the beta’s embrace

Yoongi: you miss him, don’t you?

Tae looked up quickly and glared at him

Tae: don’t talk about him!

Yoongi mocked: why not? Did the bears eat him or did he leave you after all you’ve done?

Tae groaned: None of that you piece of

After another shot and a few minutes of silence, he added

Tae: I just let him go his own way!

Yoongi nodded while trying to put the pieces together

Yoongi: and now you regret it, don’t you?

Tears came back

Tae: I do! I miss him so much and I don’t know what to do! Sometimes I think about going back and kidnapping him!

Yoongi: You ! Why don’t you just find him and ask him to come back? You don’t have to come up with a creepy plan.

Tae rested his head on yoongi’s shoulder

Tae: he doesn’t want to come back, that’s why I let him go.

Yoongi pat him on the back when he started sobbing

Tae: I want my mate back! I want Jin back!

Yoongi: well, I think you should go find your mate, I admire your sense of responsibility for us but you’re responsible for your mate before anyone else! I suggest you go find him and try to solve this problem. I’m sure he’s more vulnerable than you right now.

Tae: I know you would get mad and all that, but I was thinking to leave the pack behind.

Honestly, Yoongi was not surprised. Despite all the trainings, Tae never had the passion to lead the pack. Yoongi never understood him because unlike Tae he always wanted to be in control of everything and to become a leader. He was very good at it too, the only problem was that he was a beta.

Tae: I was thinking to announce you as the next leader. I’m sure my dad will support you just like me. Would you accept this offer?

Yoongi was shocked, he never thought about this and in fact he never wanted to replace his beloved cousin, but if Tae asked him to do it, he would.

Yoongi: are you serious???

Tae smiled: yes, I never thought I’m a good fit to be a leader, but you on the other hand! You deserve to be a leader! The only thing I want from you is to be a bit more gentle when making your decisions.

After their conversation that night, Tae finally decided that it was time to go back to his mate. His job was done there and he was not in charge of the pack anymore.


 

During these 3 months, Jin was also struggling with losing his mate. He was hoping that Tae would have listened to him and stayed with them. But he was too hopeful. Tae never loved him as much as he made Jin think he did. He was heartbroken and kept crying at nights when he thought kook and joon were asleep. He longed for his mate so much and when he was alone and in need, he touched himself, thinking desperately about Tae’s gentle hands. After three months, he was truly hopeless. Tae could have tried to find him, using his strong werewolf senses. BUT HE DIDN’T. It made Jin think that Tae just took advantage of his feelings. He started to believe that maybe this was Tae’s plan from the beginning. Helping him to find his brother and then leaving him behind when Jin said he couldn't go back with him. Even with all the toxic thoughts, he still couldn’t hate the overprotective alpha.