005

My Ride or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin looked around as he tried to spot Jennie. He sighed as he glanced around every place he could find but there was still no sight of her until he remembered the school field. He ran over as fast as he could and stopped when he saw the familiar petite figure crouching over her legs as she sobbed into it and he sighed. 

" Jisoo didn't mean to keep it from you. " Hanbin said softly as he sat down beside Jennie. " She hasn't been having a good time all these while and......... You should know her well by now that she hates to burden people out with her own issues. And you....... You are her only best friend. You should understand that better than anyone. Isn't it? " Jennie sniffed as she looked at Hanbin. " Of couse I know Jisoo hates to make people worry over her but she should understand me by now that I hate her keeping things from me. I left her side 6 years ago when she needed me most and I had to hear her say how bad of a friend I was by dumping her on her own here in Seoul and no matter how much I tried to find a chance to fly back to find her whenever I can........ I had to attend to courses elsewhere and my holidays were always cut off short by my school work......... And.......... when I........ When I........ When I got abused and locked up by him........ I had no chance to talk to her at all. And when I'm finally back here for her, she is still keeping things from me and if I ever left her, she would say I'm not a good friend or even her best friend. Do you know how much that hurts me? I hate seeing her cry....... I hate seeing her not standing up for herself so people sees her as an easy prey and would always bully her. I was miles away from her and whenever Lisa told me she's having trouble in Seoul, you don't know how much I wish I could fly to her and protect her. Even when......... Even when I needed her back at New Zealand.......... I couldn't go to her. Because her words had always lingered in my mind that I wasn't a good friend or her best friend. So I didn't dare to go to her whenever I'm scared and wanted her around. You don't know how much I have missed her......... You don't know anything at all......... " Jennie sobbed as she clenched her fists tightly and Hanbin frowned at her words as he felt his heart aching badly. What has happened to this girl that have hurt her this badly....... Hanbin thought as he looked on at Jennie who was crying so badly her whole neck was red. 

" I might not know much about you and Jisoo. But one thing I know......... was that Jisoo had talked about a best friend she had that had went overseas a few years back. She had talked about this best friend so much that sometimes, Jiwon and I got so jealous. But her eyes when she talked about this friend........ She looks so happy yet sad. Like she was so proud of this friend but there was something aching inside of her too. I don't think Jisoo meant it that way when she said you wasn't a good friend or her best friend. You didn't know how much she talked of you. You don't know how much she misses you too. Every year, she would work very hard during our holidays to get you a present. Just like this year. She was working so hard to get you a present you like. She worked so hard she even fell sick but still went to work because she needed the extra money. So how could she feel that you are not her best friend? I don't see her doing so much for me and Jiwon. I don't even see her talk of us this way. Sometimes miscommunication can really mess things up and so bad that it will ruin alot of things. I feel that both of you had a miscommunication and you should sit down to talk to her. Have a proper talk......... And get to know each other's real thoughts. I don't know you long enough Jennie........ But I trust you. I see how much you care for Jisoo and I heard about you so much that I know you girls are just like each other's lives. It's a huge pity to let one misunderstanding messed this beautiful friendship up. Isn't it? You are a beautiful girl Jennie. Just like Jisoo, you deserve so much more. I might not know what happened to the days you had overseas but I know for sure, you deserve so much better. And since you are back in Korea now......... Have a fresh start. Jisoo will be here, your family will be here...... Bobby will be here....... And...... I will be here too. To help you through. You are not alone, Jennie. " Hanbin said softly as he rubbed Jennie's head endearly. 
 

Jennie stood outside Jisoo's apartment and she paced around nervously, not knowing how to talk to Jisoo when Jisoo's apartment door suddenly open, revealing Jisoo as she held onto a garbage bag. Jisoo stared at Jennie in shock as the latter gave her a small awkward smile. Jennie pulled the jacket around her tighter and Jisoo noticed how flushed her face was and quickly held the door wider. " Come on in. It's freezing outside, come in first. " Jisoo said and Jennie nodded meekly. 

They sat opposite each other awkwardly in silence and Jisoo gulped down her tea as she tried to avoid Jennie's eyes. The defeaning silence broke as Jennie suddenly sighed. " Can we talk, Jisoo? And I meant a proper talk. " 

Jisoo nodded as she clasped her fingers together nervously. " I wanted to talk to you too. Do you want to go first? " Jisoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter