A Scarf and a Stranger

JJP's Fluffy Winter Memories
Please log in to read the full chapter

Winter is coming. JaeBum could clearly feel it. Well... everyone could to be honest.

The days constantly got shorter and shorter while the temperatures were getting lower. Only a few days ago he still had been able to wear his favourite t-shirt and a light coat and didn't feel the slightest hint of coldness at all. Today, however, the weather had required him to look for his favourite red hoodie (which took him around 15 minutes to find in his flat) and a slightly warmer coat. Soon even that wouldn't be enough to ward off the coldness that the winter season in Korea would bring. If he recalled the weather forecast from this morning correctly they were expecting the first snow to fall in only a few days time.

People all around him were pretty excited about it. JaeBum's co-workers for example were pretty pumped about the possibility of an early snowfall this year as that would mean the ski resorts would be open soon as well. For JaeBum this wasn't something he really looked forward to. He absolutely hated the white substance that everyone called snow. Not only was it cold it also melts when you get in contact with it which isn't a feeling he was very fond of. Especially if the snow landed on his cloths and melts.

Usually JaeBum tries to ignore the upcoming doom until it was too late to avoid it. That previously had led him to have no warm enough clothes at home to wear on the day where the first snow slowly trickled down to earth. This year, however, he decided to prepare things before the streets turn into a white mess, so he wouldn't have to leave the house with two t-shirts, one hoody and a light coat on in order to not freeze to death.

It seemed as if he wasn't the only one who was preparing ahead. The streets were filled with people. Well- MyeongDong always was filled with people but today he could have sworn to have seen more people than usual in the shopping district. To his displeasure not only the streets were filled with people the shops itself were bursting too. Especially the cloth stores he previously went into. The shops were so full and loud that he almost ran out again after only a few minutes.

A sigh escaped his throat. Why didn't he look for his winter clothing online again? Thinking about doing that tedious shopping task in the warmth and comfort of his home made him regret even being in MyeongDong in the first place.

"This is the last shop I'm going into! If I don't find anything there I'm going online to get something warm," he said to himself while looking at the big clothing store in front of him. It's a cheap but famous brand. Almost everyone knows that store chain and went cloth shopping there. Because of that he had high hopes to quickly find something fitting and then leave.

While walking through the store he looked at different kind of cloths. However, nothing seemed to suit his taste. With another sigh he turned around and faced the cash register. Next to it was a wall which showcased all kind of jewellery, hats and scarves. Slowly he walked closer to it. He was especially eyeing a bright yellow bucket hat. H

Please log in to read the full chapter