Three

Fist Fights and Fun Times

Hyo Sonn shot up from bed after she felt a strange inkling feeling from her dream that she was late. As she expected, she was, wait, scratch that, they all were. Hyo Sonn swung her door open, hoping to hear at least one of the other girls chattering or moving around, but to her dismay the house was dead silent. Hyo Sonn sprinted to Chen Zi’s room and flung it open, yelling, “ YAH! WE’RE LATE!!” Chen Zi groaned in response, “What time is it?”

“5 MINUTES TO 7” Hyo Sonn shouted as she bolted out the door to run to the next room. “There’s still some time left…” Chen Zi softly mumbled to herself while pulling her covers back over head.

“NARI-AH! GET UP! WE’RE LATE.” Hyo Sonn shouted after barging into to the once quiet room. “HMGGHH!??!?!!” Hyo Sonn didn’t have time to double check on either girls and ran straight to her bathroom, grabbing her toothbrush with toothpaste and quickly sprinted to her closet. Panicked and still in the midst of brushing her teeth, Hyo Sonn threw out a pair of black jeans and a fitted black sheer long sleeve, and ran back to the bathroom to rinse out . Hyo Sonn messily dotted BB cream on her face followed by some contour and lip balm; then ran to her bed to change, tossing her pyjamas on the bed. After checking that she had her phone, watch and hair tie, she ran to the kitchen. Clearly running out of time, she just grabbed three bananas and ran to the foyer area to grab her shoes.

A couple doors down from Hyo Sonn’s room, as she was getting out of bed, her foot unknowingly got stuck between the covers, and Park Nari fell onto the cold hardwood floor with a loud thud. She rolled her eyes and sighed, ”Oh my god, for s sake.” And after mumbling a few more curses to herself, Nari got off from the floor and trudged to her washroom to rush her morning skincare routine. After swiping a natural shimmering eyeshadow and a thin coat of mascara she rushed to her closet, changing into a thick comfortable outfit for the cold winter day; a cotton long sleeve, matched with leather pants and a thick leather jacket and proceeded to the foyer.

In the other room, after laying in bed for some time, Chen Zi decided it was finally time to get up and lazily dragged herself out of bed. While in her closet, she pulled out a satin tank top and one of her many pairs of leather pants and headed to bathroom to freshen up. After a quick refreshing rinse she went straight to her vanity to do her everyday makeup; false lashes, brows, concealer and lipstick, changed into her regular work outfit, picked up her leather jacket and headed down to meet the other two.

“Why do you have 3 bananas?” Chen Zi said while putting her shoes on. “Uhm it’s our breakfas-” Hyo Sonn started to be interrupted by a loud honk outside the house. Nari opened the door and held it open for the two girls to leave before locking it shut. The girls were greeted with two Mercedes Benz bulletproof vans, and filed into the first one. To their content, the girls discovered that they had the entire van to themselves.

“WHoop whoop PARTY TIME!” Hyo Sonn screamed “Yeaaah-yuuuhhh” Chen Zi joined in. Nari looked at them funny, picked a seat and curled into a ball.“Sorry Ajusshi.” she muttered.

“OH MORNING AJUSSHI”. Hyo Sonn and Chen Zi sang in unison.

“Good morning ladies.” The driver said back with a laugh, starting the drive to the next location.

Laughter and chatter from the inside and outside of the vehicle echoed, and both parties did not anticipate the havoc that was as about to occur.

The girls were crackling over terrible puns before the door swung open and more noise made their way into the van. Hyo Sonn’s mood immediately turned sour while Chen Zi turned to Nari with a worry. But the same thing happened to Seventeen. One tall male with a sharp nose was still hollering until one of the other males nudged him, signalling him to hurry and just take a seat. “No no hyung! It was so funny, I swear!”

“Ahh, what a way to ruin my morning.” Hyo Sonn said loudly.

The loud male froze and sat in the seat nearest him not bothering to find the source of that voice.

“Morning..?” Chen Zi awkwardly whispered, hoping to relieve the tension.

“M-morning?” Some boys awkwardly replied as they piled into the car. When everyone was silently situated, the driver started the van to the mission location.

“Tech Team, 4-1-1 on today” Hyo Sonn commanded.

A smaller black haired boy who was seated at the front of the van stood up with an iPad in his hand.

“Morning ma’am, today we’re going to Club G.I.G in Gangnam, they haven’t been reporting to us due to the apparent death of a large number of their men, but we have found and confirmed that many of their men are in fact alive and well.”

Nari scoffed, “The deceased should just stay dead.”

“The Boss orders a lesson, and killing is not necessary unless prompted. Baseball bats, knives and gloves can be found in the trunk. That is all.” The male finished.

The team arrived at the location shorty after. Everyone filed out and formed a line to the trunk, and all 16 people patiently waited their turn before grabbing their weapon of choice. “Oh! Nari-ah, Chen Zi-ah, come here.” Hyo Sonn said, and the two kindly obliged. “You didn’t have breakfast, eat this before going in.” Hyo Sonn said giving each of them a banana. “I’m not hungry though.” Nari said, Chen Zi nodded her head in agreement. Hyo Sonn glared at them, and the girls sighed, defeated, and opened the ripe banana. S. Coups rolled his eyes, thinking “What a complete waste of time” while Seventeen stood to the side awaiting Hyo Sonn’s cue.

Hyo Sonn started. “Alright, we heard the Boss, I want all of Tactical and 2 people from both Tech and Transport Team to to follow me in, the rest I want you to circle the perimeter and block potential exits.

Tactical Team assembled near Hyo Sonn and Woozi, DK, Jun, and Hoshi stood near them, ready to go in.

“Don’t mess up.” Hyo Sonn hissed, side eyeing them. And after Woozi signaled to three, Hyo Sonn kicked the door open.

“OH MR. LEE” Hyo Sonn sang, Chen Zi and Nari walked beside her scanning the room for any hidden people. One man came running to Hyo Sonn ready to take swing at the female but Hyo Sonn quickly dodged him, causing the male to barrel to Nari who took a crack at his nose, causing him to shriek in pain.

“PLEASE DON’T WASTE MY TIME SIR.” Hyo Sonn yelled before flipping a cocktail table. Three extra men came running from the 2nd level, two holding a knife and one with brass knuckles each targeting one girl; but each girl handled them with ease. Hyo Sonn kicked the knife out of their hand before knocking them out, Nari disarmed the male before flipping him using his own arm and onto his back with a massive thud. Chen Zi took the attacker by surprise and dropped to the floor, kicking him off balance. While they were taken aback and on the ground, Chen Zi took a nearby bat and swung at his skull, giving him a concussion.

Seventeen, who weren’t very far from the girls, watching the girls’ backs from afar, were quite amazed at their capabilities. These girls may look regular and small, but they definitely packed a dangerous punch.

Suddenly a large group of about 20 people came from a back room and encircled Seventeen and the girls. Hyo Sonn rolled her eyes and sighed, before running to the enemy, her fists itching to punch. Chen Zi followed suit and picked up her bat, mercilessly swinging it at anyone in her way. Nari dodged perps who were coming at her and swiftly slashed some with her knife.

Seventeen did the same and helped the girls, taking down those who were about to strike at the girls. Two men tried to get S. Coups in a headlock, but he dodged their advances and swiftly punched and elbowed them. Mingyu teamed up with Wonwoo, anticipating the enemy’s advances, skillfully using their knife defensively. While in the midst of combat, Woozi’s knife was kicked away from him, so he grabbed a bottle of alcohol, smashed it and jabbed it straight into the abdomen of the perpetrator. DK, like Chen Zi, used a bat to whack at perpetrators, hitting their chest or abdomen. Jun and Hoshi worked together and fought with their fists, using each other as leverage against the enemy.

When all the perps were either knocked unconscious or seriously injured, Hyo Sonn yelled, “ALRIGHT MR. LE-“ Before being cut off by a member of Seventeen,

“Ma’am we found Mr. Lee, South Exit 2 o’clock from the door.” Hyo Sonn, Nari, Chen Zi, and Seventeen sped to the said location and found Hoshi and Jeonghan pinning a man down onto the cold winter tarmac. Hyo Sonn signalled to release the elder man, but before he could get up Hyo Sonn stepped on his spine and kicked his torso over.

“SIR! Long time no see! How have you been??” Hyo Sonn said before slapping the middle aged man in the face. “Oh shoot, your daughter just spent a whole whack of money for Botox into that precious face of yours! My bad!” Hyo Sonn said sarcastically. Mr. Lee looked at her in horror.

“Next time sir, don’t lie. The dead stay gone right? Would you like an example??”. Hyo Sonn said with a wide smile.

Mr Lee vigorously shook his head in fear. “No no please, I can give you an example, just in case you didn’t understand.”

And the man quickly got on his knees and bowed in front of Hyo Sonn, crying and pleading for forgiveness. “It was foolish of me to ever lie to you, please forgive me.”

“You sure?” Hyo Sonn prompted.

“Yes yes!” He said wailing.

“This is your first AND last chance Mr. Lee.” Hyo Sonn said in a cold tone, and turned around leaving the old man bowing.

Two vans pulled up, and everyone boarded the vehicle. “Ma’am Boss wants to see everyone right now.” The driver said to Hyo Sonn, and she nodded her head in response.

“Alright everyone, we’re headed to HQ, Boss wants to see us. Clean up, I don’t want Boss to see us like this.” Hyo Sonn said before pulling out pouches of wet wipes and two bottles of hand sanitizer down the aisles.

The driver pulled up to Headquarters and the team headed straight to the top floor. Nari knocked on the two cedar doors and held it open for everyone to file in. Everyone was a bit wary walking in but S. Coups, took the initiative and was the first to walk in, leading the rest of the team in.

“Boss” Hyo Sonn said firmly.

“I called all of you in to ask how the first mission went. Any discrepancies?” Mr. Jung asked.

Seventeen looked at each other wondering who would say the first word. Then Hoshi spoke up saying,“None sir, everything was executed efficiently.” “Is that so?” Mr. Jung questioned. “Yes sir.” Chen Zi affirmed. “Alright, well that is all for today. There are no assignments for the next two weeks. So instead we’ll go centre and have a joint training day. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.” Mr. Jung said, dismissing them. “Thank you sir.” Everyone said with a bow.

While everyone was awkwardly waiting for the elevator, Chen ZI blurted “Good job today..!”. Seventeen members started bowing to the girls and said the same. Chen Zi and Nari were taken aback at their response and started folding like a piece of paper back at them. Hyo Sonn on the other hand stood firmly staring at the elevator door. S.Coups saw her actions and scoffed. Hyo Sonn heard his scoff and glared at him, wondering what his problem was. Mockingly S.coups did a slow bow to the Nari and Chen Zi, thanking them for their hard work. Hyo Sonn rolled her eyes, “I’m taking the stairs.” she muttered before storming off. Nari and Chen Zi were confused but, just stood there.

“She can walk on her own, I’m tired” Nari mumbled to Chen Zi. And Seventeen and the girls went down to the lobby in less tense silence.

At the lobby they found Hyo Sonn waiting at the entrance to the building, Chen Zi and Nari did a slight nod to the boys and the two groups parted to their separate vehicles.