Final

Tangled in His Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Author's pov]

It has been 2 weeks since taehyung was unconscious and you were more than okay to accept everything that has happened in your life. You held back your tears as you tightened your grip on taehyung's hand, "i accept your apology, taehyung." 

The lump in your throat was starting to bother you as your vision blurred up, "Im going to raise taemin. I'll love him more than anyone would."    

You bit your lip, "Im sorry i couldnt do the same to you." You eyes failed you as tears streamed down your face. 

"Thank you for loving me." Your voice cracked. 

"I dont know if you'll wake up for the last time, " your eyes were hot as you hiccuped, "but im accepting it now." You cried, barely controlling anymore, "you may leave us now. You suffered enough." 

Just then his finger moved, making you wiped your tears in a flash. You wanted to look fine. You didnt want him to worry anymore. Not when he was supposed to be in peace. 

Your throat clogged up, making you realize that you werent ready for it. 

"Mirae." His hoarse voice called you, making you got up to take a glass of water and helped him to drink. You couldnt talk yet. The lump in your throat was still there. 

"Youre here." His gentle eyes were still the same, no matter how long he wasnt awake.

He loves you.

The urge to cry was kicking in. 

You just nod, carving a smile on your lips. 

Suddenly he hissed, holding his head, memories from before he fell unconscious barging thru his head. You quickly went to his side, checking him. 

"How long has it been?" He calmed down, gulping. 

"2 weeks." You croaked, still hiding your sadness. 

"That was long." He dared smiling. Your heart ached at the thought that he mustve not know you knew about his sickness. 

You just nod, playing with it. 

"Im hungry." He whined, making you smile. That could be the last time for you to watch him whine. 

"I'll go get food." You said as you let go of his hand. 

-------

"No."

You heard his normally bubbly voice turned cold. 

"But mr kim, shes your wife!" The doctor tried to reason as you stayed in your place right in front of the door. 

"I dont want her to know." Taehyung said as he looked to his side in despise. 

"She will be hurt more if she doesnt know, mr kim." Taehyung's heart was beating faster as he was stressed out. 

"She wouldnt. I know she wouldnt." He closed his eyes as he tried to calm down, he couldnt die before he sees mirae for the last time. 

Your eyes were watery at his words, so he thinks you didnt care?

"She has been here the whole time you were in coma, mr kim. I saw how her eyes were wet every time i got in to check on you. Even when your parents gave up on you, she stayed here, by your side. You think she wouldnt get hurt if you suddenly die?!" The doctor slammed the file onto the table, loosening his tie. Taehyung's stubbornness never lessened since the first time he became his patient 15 years ago.

Taehyung kept shut as he held his ego, he had enough of your worries and your guilt. He didnt want your pity. 

The doctor hissed as he took his file with him, "you are predicted to have less than 24 hours to live, taehyung. You might want to use the time to tell her by yourself." 

You leaned onto the wall next to you as the doctor furiously went out of the door towards the hall across you. 

24 hours. You repeated to yourself as you pictured your days ahead. 

Your hand automatically held your bump, inhaling a deep breath, "I will be strong for you, taemin." You brushed away the thought of losing him, wanted to act like you didnt know about anything at all. 

You braced yourself as you pushed the door to his room after calming down for a long while, holding bread in your other hand. 

----- 

You put the bread on the table in front of him out of his request. You took your seat beside him, watching him. Probably for the last time. 

You forced a smile as you replied his stare. 

"Please stay with me." He said, flashing his grin that you missed for a long time. 

You tried to portray the sweetest smile you could at the moment, swearing to yourself you would be there for him no matter how long it would be. "I will, taehyung." 

You stayed that way for hours just inhaling each others' looks and replying smiles, until he decided to break the silence. 

"Mirae." He called out, a habit of his. 

You nod, grabbing his hand. 

"Thank you so much." You saw his eyes quiver. You held your tears as hard as you could. 

"I never thought i would get this opportunity but thank you for everything," the machine started to shake wildly, making you aware of his sudden change.

 

Tears slipped from his closing eyes, "loving you was the best moment of my life." 

Beep. 
Beep.
Beep.

 

It was running fast. 

 

Beeeppppp

 

Tears flowed down your closed eyes as you tightened your grip on his hand that went limp, wishing that the beep sound from the machine would be back to normal like the past two times. 

 

But it didnt. 

 

You were dragged away from him as the nurses went to deal with him. 

You cried so hard outside the ward as some of the nurses went by your side, consoling. 

 

 

 

"Taehyung" you called in between your sobs.

-----

 

You wiped your tears after spending 5 hours by his grave, finally having the courage to talk, "rest in peace, taehyung." 

You got up as you put a bouquet of flowers by his gravestone. You smiled for the last time as you straightened your back. 

"Thank you for everything." You whispered as you left the graveyard, walking towards your parents who waited for you. 

----- 

After 6 months

 

"Mirae?" Your mom called as she heard glass shattering in the kitchen. She went down the stairs in panic, afraid if you hurt yourself. 

"M-mom." You called out, leaning against the counter as you held your heavy bump.

"Mirae, whats wrong?" Your mom was horrified at the kitchen's state.

"I-i think its time." You tried steadying your breath as you realized you were giving birth soon. 

Your mom wasted no time in calling your dad while she shoved you into the car. 

"Im being a grandfather?! Woohooooo" your dad hollered as he looked at himself once in the mirror, grabbing his car key right after. He was the most excited about you having a child.

"Faster!" Your mom hissed as she told you what to do. 

Your dad chuckled, making you calm down. 

 

Giving birth alone doesnt sound so hard, does it?

---------

It has been 5 years since taehyung left you. And you were amazingly doing a great job as a single parent.

Sure, your job wasnt so promising but it was enough to give what taemin needed as a child. Thanks to your parents, you had a shelter for you and taemin.

One day, you were just talking to someone from your neighbourhood while taking care of taemin at the park. It was just a quick while that you didnt think he would be too far from you.

But you looked to your side. He wasnt there. Taemin was lost. You s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter