Ch 3

Mafia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few hours later Misook found herself wandering through the base in hopes of feeding her curiosity. The base was massive and it would probably take her a few days to get used to everything, but as she passed through the doors that lead up to level two she found herself somehow knowing the way to specific places. Joonmyun had said something about someone having a gun for her in the armoury, so she decided that the armoury would be her first stop. She had no trouble finding it once she reached level two, and when she let herself in using the temporary key card Kris had left outside her door, she found someone practising their aim in the shooting range. 

A male with brightly coloured red hair was firing bullets from a multi-barrelled pistol. He was tall, quite possibly as tall as Kris, and was aiming at a target which already had several bullet holes in it from previous attempts. From the looks of it the male had managed to hit the chest of the human-shaped target three times, though he had missed quite a few as well. 

Misook noticed that he was wearing mufflers, so probably wouldn't be able to hear her if she called out to him, so she decided to grab his attention by tapping him on the shoulder. Probably wasn’t the wisest of ideas, as when she touched him he almost jumped out of his skin, firing the gun upwards and earning a muffled shout from the floor above. Why the shooting range had a wooden ceiling she would never know. 

“Do me a favour and don’t do that again,” he said, flicking on the safety before putting a hand to his heart. 

“Sorry,” Misook mused, “didn’t mean to scare you.” 

“You must be the new girl,” he concluded.

“Misook,”

Putting the gun down, the male took off his ear mufflers and ruffled his hair, “Chanyeol, I’m the weapons expert here, if you want you can call me Yeol.” 

“Nice to meet you,” Misook smiled, “Joonmyun said you have a gun for me?” 

“Ahh! Yes,” Chanyeol turned to a large metal cabinet by the wall and pulled a set of keys out of his pocket. Unlocking the cupboard, Chanyeol pulled out a pistol similar to the one he was using before from the third shelf down and handed it to Misook, “All ready for you, contains six bullets but can hold more.” 

Not much was said between the two of them before Kris turned up, angry expression no longer present and a bottle of water in his left hand. Misook also noticed he’d changed his T-shirt since she’d last seen him. 

“Yeol been showin’ you the ropes?” Kris asked as he approached the duo, taking a swig of his water before pulling his gun out from behind him and handing it to Chanyeol, in a less surprising way than Luhan had.

“Not quite, she almost gave me a heart attack,” Chanyeol explained, “she now has the gun Joon set aside for her,” 

Kris nodded to him. The conversation topic then changed.

“Food’s out. Soo cooked again. Should probably go grab some before Jongdae eats it all.” Kris said, folding his arms.

“Kyungsoo’s in? Thought he was at work today?” Chanyeol answered, looking slightly confused. 

Kris shrugged, apparently just as confused as Chanyeol was. Misook wasn’t sure who Kyungsoo was but she would probably meet him at some point in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter