Ch 10

Mafia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Find The Big Bang Theory reference. 

As it turns out, the journey back to the base didn’t take as long as they’d thought and didn’t involve crossing the river, something that didn’t sit right with Kris in the slightest. Joonmyun was extremely relieved to see them when they stepped through the doors leading into the lobby and all but ran to the pair. Misook didn’t stick around too long. She was still annoyed at Kris and didn’t want to be around him any longer than necessary. Two sets of eyes followed her as she stormed off. 

“What’s up with her?” Joonmyun queried. 

“It’s my fault we got caught and she’s pissed at me for it,” Kris responded. 

“What did you do?”

“Don’t laugh at me but,” Kris was choosing his words carefully, “I…may suffer from acrophobia,”

Joonmyun blinked at him. “You’re scared of heights?”  

 

 

Misook had every intention of calling her sister and ranting to her for hours on end when she reached the dorms, but the sudden appearance of Jongdae stopped her in her tracks - if only for a few seconds. The look on his face was one of relief, followed by confusion as she took one look at him and disappeared off into her room without uttering a word. 

Heading straight into the ensuite bathroom, she ran herself a much-needed bubble bath. Mijung wouldn’t be able to understand a word she was saying if she didn’t take an hour or so to calm down. A bath seemed like the perfect way to do so. 

Sinking beneath the bubbles, Misook sighed in content. Compared to yesterday, the day had been anything but easy. She had no doubt in her mind that if her father were watching her right now he would be rubbing his hands together with a look of ‘I told you so’ written across his face. It wasn’t Misook’s fault that they’d been caught. If Kris hadn’t been there she would’ve escaped with Minseok without an issue. If anything her father should applaud her loyalty to her comrades. 

“Misook? You okay?” Came a voice from the other side of the door. 

A sigh, “Jongdae, how’d you get in here?” 

“I programmed the system, I know the overrides,” he informed. “Don’t worry, the bathroom doors all have manual catch locks,” 

Misook was glad about that. 

“What do you want?”

“Are you okay? Are you hurt?” He pressed. 

“I’m fine,” She answered. 

“Well I know that’s bull.” Really, what was his first clue?

“Kris got us caught because he wouldn’t jump a three-foot gap in the floor,” Misook heard Jongdae snort from behind the door, though she couldn’t tell if it was because he found it funny, or if he thought Kris was ridiculous. Maybe both. 

“Want me to punch him?” 

“What? No!” Why would he even suggest such a thing? 

“I’m kidding,” He added, though he sounded like he wasn’t, “want me to leave you in peace?” 

“Yeah, please,” 

Misook stayed in the bathroom for a further five minutes after she got out of the tub, just to make sure that Jongdae had indeed left because she’d made the mistake of leaving her clean clothes in the bedroom. He didn’t need to see her in just a towel. 

 

 

Misook didn’t leave her room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter