Ch 24

Mafia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the brief encounter with Lien earlier that day, Misook decided it was far too much excitement and took herself off for a nap, leaving Jongdae to his own devices. 

Once Sehun came to take over surveillance duties, Jongdae decided to make a B line for the kitchen to make himself a drink. When he arrived Joonmyun was sitting at the counter reading through what appeared to be a medical journal. Luhan was also present; reading through the takeaway menus. 

“Add chicken to whatever you’re ordering Han, I’m starving!” Jongdae said dramatically as he sat down at the kitchen table. 

Luhan threw him a dirty look, “Get your own.” 

“Shouldn’t the food be on Joon seen as he’s loaded now?” 

Joonmyun shook his head without looking up. 

“Technically it’s Misook’s money so it’s on her.” 

“Did I just hear the name of my little sister?” A voice from the doorway startled them. 

Leaning against the doorframe was a tall dark-haired man with dark eyes and a scowl on his face. He looked as though he’d just returned from a mission, though Jongdae wasn’t sure how that could be possible considering Kris had literally locked the front door. 

“Little sister?” Joonmyun questioned, looking up from his book. 

“You said my sister's name. Misook. How do you know her?” He said.

“She’s your sister?” Luhan could barely believe the words that spilled from his mouth.

Something within Jongdae clicked. The smile on his face vanished, and he subconsciously reached for the gun in his waistband. Standing before him was the very person he’d been trying to catch out for weeks. The one responsible for almost drowning Joonmyun in his lab. For conducting the ambush on Kris and Jongin. Organising the kidnapping and torture of Minseok, and the abduction of himself. Standing there, right in front of him with a -eating grin on his face. 

“Yeah, she’s my sister. You better have been treating her good,” It sounded like a threat, but Jongdae knew it was nothing more than a joke. 

“Yeah, you could say that,” Luhan muttered, casting a glance at the other two. 

“You are nothing like Misook,” Joonmyun said. 

“No , Sherlock.” 

“Minjae, watch your language.” 

All heads turned to the doorway where Misook was standing with her arms folded. She didn’t look impressed. 

Minjae grinned. “Well if it isn’t my little sister.” 

“Younger,” She responded, “I haven’t been little for a while.” 

“Whatever. What brings you to the kitchen?” 

“Just making sure you’re not harassing the team.” 

“Me? Harassing? Never.” He muttered, “I’ll be off then.” 

With that he left without another word; Joonmyun noticeably relaxed his shoulders but nobody mentioned it. Misook yawned. She entered the room, sitting down in the empty seat next to Joonmyun. 

“Has your brother always been an ?” Luhan questioned.

Misook shrugged, “Meh, never really saw much of him growing up. He was usually out of the house doing big boy stuff, whatever that means. So yeah probably,” 

Jongdae had gone quiet; his face had turned serious, a million thoughts running through his head all at once. Misook noticed. 

“Something wrong?” She asked.

Jongdae snapped out of it and looked up, “Oh nothing.”

 

 

Kris couldn’t remember the last time he’d slept a full eight hours, and it seemed like he wasn’t going to any time soon. He’d been tossing and turning for hours, unable to get comfy, unable to shut his mind off. Too many things had happened in the few months that Misook had been there, and he wasn’t sure if she was the cause or if it was just an unhappy coincidence. Either way, it was keeping him up. So he rolled out of bed, slipped his jeans and boots on, and left his room. 

He was about to head up to the kitchen to grab a drink when something stopped him. He had a feeling that he should be going in the opposite direction. The last time he’d listened to his conscience it had saved his skin, so who was he to disobey. Turning on his heel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter