Ch 4

Mafia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DOUBLE UPDATE!! Make sure you read chapter 3 first :) 

Kyungsoo cooked again later that night, but when Misook entered the kitchen she appeared to be the first to get her plate. She’d noticed on the way out earlier that day that breakfast was usually served at eight o’clock in the morning, lunch was usually served between twelve and one o’clock, and dinner was usually served between six and eight o’clock depending on who was cooking. According to Kris, Kyungsoo always served food dead on the hour, so Misook was confused as to why she was the first to get food. She remembered what Kris had said about none of them eating together, but she thought Luhan would’ve beat her to it. 

Taking her plate, she sat down at the breakfast bar once again. Being the only one in the room, she decided to look around, taking in the finer details of the kitchen. The cupboards were labelled, each of them had a sticker on them with a list of its contents. The one nearest the cupboard apparently contained chocolate, as well as herbs and spices. A little bit of a weird combination but who was Misook to judge when her own kitchen cupboards back home weren’t arranged at all. She was pretty sure the large plates and the pasta sauces shared a cupboard. Safe to say she didn’t cook often.

Misook awoke early the next morning and decided to explore some more before the rest of the members were up and about. With everyone still asleep, she felt like she could explore without feeling like her every move was being watched. She was really curious about the surveillance room, so she decided to get dressed and head down there. Just as she reached the bottom of the stairs she noticed that the door to the storage room was slightly ajar. She could hear clattering from inside the room and instantly reached for her gun tucked into the waistband of her jeans. 

There was a male looking through the filing cabinet in the far corner. His short stature told her it wasn’t Kris, nor Chanyeol. Joonmyun’s door had been closed when she got up, so it wasn’t him either. She could see the outline of a gun tucked under the males t-shirt.

She raised her gun, “Don’t move.” She ordered.

The male froze. 

“Turn around,” 

The male complied. He turned with his hands raised. Misook managed to get a good look at him then; short, light brown hair spiked up at the front, thick-rimmed glasses, and an outfit that reminded her of a character from that same British TV show. What was his name again? Connor?

“Oh, hello,” the male said, sounding completely unfazed by her pointing a gun at home, “you must be the new girl,” 

“Correct,” she answered, “who are you? Why are you in here?” 

The male smirked, “I could ask you the same question, sweetheart.” 

The male began to walk towards her, completely ignoring the gun in her hand. Misook stood her ground but was shocked when he suddenly flung his hand up and knock the gun out of her hand, catching it in midair. 

“Hey, give that back,” she growled, reaching for the gun.

The male smirked again and held the gun above his head, just out of her reach. As she jumped for it he placed his free hand on her lower back and pulled her to him, their faces mere centimetres away from each other.

“I don’t think so, sweetheart.”

That’s it. 

Misook decided that if he wanted to play, she would too. She lifted her hands and removed his glasses - which upon closer inspection she discovered were fake - placing them on the desk at the side of her. Misook smiled at him seductively, his cheek with her right hand. 

“Why don’t you give me back my gun and I’ll show you what else I can do with my hands.”

The male didn’t see the slap coming. The noise was immensely satisfying and was enough to make him drop her gun. 

“I don’t play games,” she said, putting her gun back in the waistband of her jeans. 

“I see you’ve met Jongdae.” A voice yawned from the doorway. 

Looking over her shoulder Misook spotted Kris, still dressed in his pyjamas and sporting the most attractive looking bedhead she’d ever seen, leaning against the doorframe. 

“He works here?” she questioned, pointing a finger at the male she now knew the name of.

“He’s the one in charge of security. There’s nothing he can’t fix,” Kris explained, “and if he can’t fix it, it can’t be fixed. I’ll also warn you about hiding electronic devices from him, he likes to tamper with things,”

Jongdae snorted, “Come on, it took you three months to notice I’d changed the background on your phone, I must be good at my job,” 

Misook almost cracked a smile before asking, “What’s he doing in here?”

“He’s usually in here early in the morning, he likes being in the dark. Always lurking,” Kris said.

“Like a y vampire?” Jongdae suggested.

“More like a really annoying bat,” 

“Rude,” 

Rolling her eyes, Misook turned to Kris and brought up his sleepy appearance. 

“Why are you up so early?” She queried. 

“I heard you get up.”

“Bit creepy, following a girl around.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter