Ch 18

Mafia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was getting ready to test a freshly polished gun when Misook walked in. On her journey from the kitchen to the armoury, she’d noted down who she knew had consumed alcohol at the party, and who she knew hadn’t based on what Jongdae and Luhan had told her. Kris, Jongdae, and Joonmyun definitely had, whereas Tao, Sehun, Luhan, Minseok, and Baekhyun had not. And judging by how accurate Chanyeol’s shots were, he hadn’t been drinking either. That or his skills were not hindered, even with a hangover. 

Kyungsoo was sat on a chair in the corner, watching tentatively, analysing Chanyeol’s every shot with a look of thought across his features. His eyes seemingly followed every bullet without issue, with subtle hints of satisfaction escaping his lips when Chanyeol hit a certain spot on the paper targets across the range. 

A moment later Kyungsoo stood and walked the short distance to take up position at Chanyeol’s side, gun in hand. He released the safety, raised his gun, aimed, and fired three shots, all of them hitting the head of the target. 

“If you want them dead, shoot for the head,” Kyungsoo advised. His gun was emptied of the remaining bullets, and re-holstered. 

Chanyeol followed suit as Misook joined them. 

“Hey, I need to ask a few questions,” she began, holding up her notebook. 

“Sure,” Kyungsoo answered, “what’s up?” 

Misook asked the duo the exact same questions she’d asked Luhan not long before, and unsurprisingly, they both responded with almost identical answers. Chanyeol hadn’t had anything to drink the entire night and had left before Luhan. He remembered seeing Joonmyun approach the bowl, but he didn’t remember anyone else even going near that part of the room. 

When no new information was provided, Misook decided to call it a day and headed back upstairs to the kitchen to grab a bite to eat before returning to her room for the remainder of the day. 

 

 

Monday morning came with a clear head and the luxury of feeling completely refreshed after two nights of restless sleep. Her mind had been going over the information she’d compiled over and over, so falling asleep in the first place had been the hardest part. She didn’t want to get out of bed, but at the same time, she also felt like she could go for a run or something. Since joining the lower ranks she hadn’t visited the gym all that much, and as much as she didn’t want to think about it she wasn’t going to young forever. However, after eventually rolling out of bed and hopping in the shower, she decided to quickly grab breakfast and go and see what Joonmyun or Kris were doing seeing as she knew they’d be somewhere in the base. 

As always, food had already been prepared and set out for them. Luhan must’ve made breakfast that morning because several plates of fresh fruit lay on the breakfast bar and none of them were labelled. They were all the same, so Misook picked the nearest one and wolfed it down, eager to find Kris or Joonmyun before they disappeared. 

As luck would have it, they were both in the training room having what appeared to be a heated discussion when Misook found them. 

“-he was supposed to be here hours ago, where the hell is he?” Kris asked for what sounded like the third time, irritated.  

“It is very unlike him,” Joonmyun agreed, trying to get Kris to calm down. 

“What’s unlike who?” Misook asked as she greeted the two. 

Kris answered first, “Minseok, he’s supposed to be going out on a job with us today, but he’s nowhere to be seen,” 

Misook thought about Kris’s statement for a moment. It then occurred to her that she hadn’t seen Minseok since the party, and that was three days ago. She knew that Minseok spent a lot of time outside of the base but this was just bizarre. As far as she knew Minseok was always on time, he seemed like that kind of guy, so the fact he was a few hours late was very alarming. 

“I’ve not seen him since Friday,” Misook added. “not since the party,”

“Come to think of it, neither have I,” said Joonmyun, “and I usually have coffee with him on Sundays.” 

“Would it be wise to go and look for him?” Misook suggested, to which Kris furrowed his eyebrows at her. 

“Probably, best case scenario is he’s caught up on a personal errand. Worst case scenario,” Misook gulped. Kris continued, “something has happened to him.” 

“Wouldn’t he have called if he were running errands?” 

“Yeah, I guess he would have,” Kris agreed, “Joon check upstairs, I’ll check levels two and three, Misook you check four and five. Sehun should be in the surveillance room, might be an idea to see if he’s seen anything on the cameras. “

Misook went straight to the surveillance room, deciding that the security cameras had the best chance of spotting Minseok, even if it was just to confirm where he definitely wasn’t. 

When she arrived she found the door to be open for once, and Sehun had his feet up on the desk while he watched the security cameras. Sehun greeted her with a nod as she came in and explained the situation. The cameras showed that Kris ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter