Bonus story II : Never Not

It Hurts

Hi readers! You can think of this chap as the continuation of previous chapters. They are in the same AU.

 

ps : HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope 2021 will be a way better year! Please no more drama. 2020 is a hard year for everyone. But see? We make it out alive! So congrats for all of us! *cheers*

~~~~~~
 

 

 

“Taeyeon!!”

 

“Tiffany!!”

 

“HIII!”

 

“HI TO YOU TOO!”

 

“Can we stop screaming now?” Tiffany said in her normal voice, finally stop screaming at Taeyeon’s left ear. 

 

“You started it.” Taeyeon chuckled, also speak in her normal voice now. “What’s up?”

 

“I want to ask you something. It just crossed my mind.”

 

“Uh huh?”

 

“What kind of proposal that you dream of? And what kind of ring do you want?”

 

Taeyeon chuckled. “What is it? Why you suddenly ask me all of these? When it’s almost midnight at your place now. Are you drunk?” 

 

“I’m perfectly sober. Thank you. Just answer me!”

 

“What for? Do you want to buy a ring and propose to me? That would be lovely but I don’t want you to cheat on your husband.” Taeyeon teased with a laugh. 

 

She knows that scenario will be far from possible. Not when Tiffany is happily married. She’s not the same Tiffany she knew back in high school who could see nothing else but Taeyeon. Who wanted no one else but Taeyeon. 

 

But Taeyeon just can’t help herself from imagining what if that scenario really happened. Like what Taeyeon told Tiffany. That would be lovely. She would really, really love it. 

 

“Eish you pabo. I’m being serious here and you’re making fun of my good intentions!” Tiffany grumbled. 

 

Taeyeon giggled. “Okay okay fine. I’m sorry. I’ll stop joking around now. But what good intention do you mean?”

 

“I was just thinking. It’s about time before your boyfriend propose to you since you two have been dating for almost two years now. And as your bestest best friend, I have to know about the concept of your dream proposal, your dream wedding, your dream wedding ring. So if one day your boyfriend asks me, I can tell him. It's for your sake too. So now tell me.”

 

“Ah.. I see. Hm, honestly? I’m not sure myself. I mean I don’t really have any fantasy for my proposal nor ring. As for wedding, I think I would love to have a simple yet intimate wedding, where I will invite just the people that I’m really close with. Give each of them a reserved seat and table. Being surrounded with only people that I love and love me back just as much. That would be lovely.”

 

“Yeah, we shared the same idea there for our dream wedding. Mine was also like that. Grand was not the main purpose, but being surrounded by only my people. Sharing the happiness with them. But c’mon, try to think harder. What kind of romantic proposal that you want? You’re like one of the most romantic person I ever know, Tae!”

 

“Nah. You can ask my boyfriend. And he’ll tell you how unromantic I am.” Taeyeon chuckled. 

 

“Wow. You were SO romantic when we were dating back in high school! Wow.. you must have liked me a lot back then to be that romantic then! You wrote me love letters in 100 folded paper stars and put them in a glass bottle. You ended each and every letter with ‘I Love You’. You gave me a book that honestly more look like a novel because you wrote our story there. From the first time we met, how we get close, our fights, our special moments, everything. You were always such a sweet talker. Sending me with those cheesy yet sweet quotes everyday. Where did that person go? Whoa, guess you loved me more than you love your boyfriend huh?” Tiffany said teasingly.

 

“Guilty. Please don’t tell my boyfriend?” Taeyeon replied with her overly dramatic sigh, playing along with Tiffany. 

 

Little did Tiffany know, Taeyeon is being honest right now. 

 

“Your secret is safe with me, boo. Yay! I win!” Tiffany happily shouted. 

 

“You silly, what win? You’re not even his equal opponent to begin with. There’s no competition for you. You got all the win. I mean I cried for you. Not only once or twice. But I never cry for him. Yet. Well, so far I mean.”

 

“I’m flattered. Thank you, baby.”

 

“What for?”

 

“For loved me that much?” Tiffany chuckled. 

 

“Let’s drop this topic now because I’m afraid if we continue it, your head will get bigger and eventually explode.” 

 

Tiffany laughed, and it makes Taeyeon smiles. “Alright alright. But can I ask for a quick favor?” Tiffany asked.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Since we kinda talked about past, it reminds me of our good old days. When you liked to sing for me. I suddenly miss your voice. Can you sing for me? Just like the old time.” Tiffany softly pleaded. Even without she did that, Taeyeon would still say yes to her every request.

 

“Sure thing, love.” The pet name slipped out of Taeyeon’s mouth before she can stopped herself. She just hoped Tiffany didn’t realize that. 

 

It was their old habit to call each other with ‘love’ when they are still dating. 

 

“Uh.. Have any song request?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“No. Surprise me!”

 

“Fine. Ahem.”

 

We were so beautiful

We were so tragic

No other magic could ever compare

Lost myself, seventeen

Then you came, found me

No other magic could ever compare

 

There's a room

In my heart with the memories we made

Took 'em down but they're still in their frames

There's no way I could ever forget, mmm

 

For as long as I live and as long as I love

I will never not think about you

You, mmm

I will never not think about you

From the moment I left 

I knew you were the one

And no matter what ever I do, ooh, mmm

I will never not think about you

 

What we had only comes

Once in a lifetime

For the rest of mine, I'll always compare

 

To the room

In my heart with the memories we made

Nights on fifth, in between B and A

There's no way I could ever forget, mmm

 

For as long as I live and as long as I love

I will never not think about you

You, mmm

I will never not think about you

From the moment I left 

I knew you were the one

And no matter what ever I do, ooh, mmm

I will never not think about you

 

Didn't we have fun?

Didn't we have fun, looking back?

Didn't we have fun?

Didn't we have fun?

Didn't we have fun?

Didn't we have fun, looking back?

Didn't we have fun?

Didn't we have fun?

 

We were so beautiful

We were so tragic

No other magic could ever compare

 

Taeyeon finished the song, with tears b in her eyes. But she managed to keep her voice steady throughout the song. 

 

“Tiffany?” Taeyeon worriedly asked when she heard nothing but silence from the another line.

 

“*sniff* *sniff* Yeah?"

 

“Hey... Why are you crying, love?”

 

“I-I don’t know. I just suddenly feel sad.” Tiffany said with hiccups. Taeyeon smiled fondly at that because Tiffany still sounded cute and adorable. 
 

"You lied, love. I know that you know." Taeyeon inwardly said. 

 

“I’m sorry. To make you sad. But it’s okay. We’ll be okay. Because we choose the right one for us.”

 

“Instead of the best one.” Tiffany softly added, almost like whispering. But Taeyeon heard her.

 

“Instead of the best one.” Taeyeon repeated solemnly.