02. It Still Hurts (Taeny’s AU) [!!not related to the previous chapter!!]

It Hurts

Hi, Dorky author is here. Just another angsty one shot. Not related to previous chapter. Just feeling like writing & sharing this story.

TaeNy in another universe where Tae is again, hurting. 

 

- dorky author -

***********************

 

 

 

I always want to have a tattoo my whole life..

 

Well, maybe not really my whole life. I’m just exaggerating it a bit.

 

But really, i’ve been wanting it for years. Maybe since i was 15? 16? And i’m turning 25 years old this year. So i made my mind. Despite what the others might say, despite my parents, especially my beloved mother would probably go against it, i’ll still have my very first tattoo. 

 

We only live once right? And having a tattoo is always in my bucket list so why not??

 

Nothing gonna stop me now, i told to myself. I only need to muster up my courage because first, i kinda afraid of needle and pain. And second, i need someone to go there with me. Someone who will accompany me and stay by my side when i get my tattoo. Just for reassurance. You know giving me a sense of comfort through the nasty pain. Or maybe i’m just being a coward. 

 

 

So one day, i tried my luck by trying to get my best friend to accompany me to see the tattoo artist. 

 

“Uh.. Sunkyu-yah.” I called out to my best friend, Lee Sunkyu who’s currently making herself comfortable on the long sofa in my living room as she’s munching on my Pringles. 

 

“What is it, Tae?” She asked after she swallowed down the chips. She starts randomly choosing the channel on TV. 

 

“I think.. i want to get a tattoo.” I softly said, side eyeing her to find any reaction from her. Be it positive or negative. 

 

“Oh? Really?” She suddenly snapped her head toward me, looking excited.

 

Why would she even get excited in the first place?? What’s with the sudden interest? I wonder. 

 

“Y-yeah.” I nodded, trying to look sure. When in fact, i’m not sure at all. But i know i want a tattoo. 

 

She grinned at me. Albeit too wide. 

 

“Well, i kinda want one for myself too! Should we get our first tattoo together?” She bounced her body up and down on the sofa, looking even more excited than before. 

 

 

What??? I never know my best friend always wanted a tattoo too!

 

I started to grinned too, almost as wide as hers as i furiously nodded my head in overflown excitement, soon joining her bouncing up and down on my sofa. We’re giggling and pushing each other. 

 

Whoever see us right now, must think that we’re two kindergartners that excited over our first school trip or something.  

 

“Let’s get it together then!” I raised my hand to her, asking for a high five. 

 

She chuckled and high-fived me. 

 

“So, when should we go to the tattoo artist studio?” She asked me. 

 

“I don’t know. How about tomorrow? I already did some surveys. And i think i already found a good tattoo artist for us.” I told her. 

 

“Tomorrow? I don’t have any agenda for tomorrow yet. Let’s get our tattoo tomorrow then!” She replied. 

 

 

And that’s how we both got our first tattoo. 

 

 

I posted my new made tattoo in my Instagram. Feeling happy, satisfied and proud with it. I feel amazing! Keke~

 

 

Not long after i posted it, i received so many new DM from my friends, and relatives. Yeah they are commenting about my new tattoo.

 

 

Out of so many friends there who DM-ed me, one of them caught my attention, rather effortlessly. 

 

Sigh.. after all of these years, you’re still able to easily catch my attention. 

 

 

Tiffanyyoung: WHOA WHOA WHOAA!

 

Taeyeonkim: Kekeke what what what?

 

Tiffanyyoung: Is that real????

 

Taeyeonkim: Yeah 😎

 

Tiffanyyoung: NOWAY!  You’re lying to me....

 

Taeyeonkim: I’m not, Pani ._.

 

Tiffanyyoung: Send me a close up picture of your tattoo. Now. Ppalli!”

 

Taeyeonkim: *sent a picture*

 

Tiffanyyoung: Whoa! It is real! What’s the meaning of your tattoo?

 

Taeyeonkim: Uh.. no. It doesn’t have any special meaning. I got it because it looks cute. Haha~

 

Tiffanyyoung: Yah, be serious. What’s the meaning? Tell me 😑

 

Taeyeonkim: Haha you stone head. I told you already. There’s no special meaning to it.

You know i’ve always wanted a tattoo. It’s in my bucket list. 

 

Tiffanyyoung: Yeah of course i know that. I know you’ve always wanted a tattoo. But knowing you? It’s just surprised me.

It’s not like the usual you, you know. Getting tattoo for just because and it held no special meaning or whatsoever. You, are like the most considerate and thoughtful person i ever know.

I just didn’t expect it. It’s always be me who’s often acting reckless and spontaneously between us two. 

 

Taeyeonkim: Keke~ guess we kinda switched personality as we grow older, eh?

You’re not so reckless and love dangerous-risky things anymore. You look calmer these days ☺️

 

Tiffanyyoung: Yah.. i’ll take that as a compliment. 

 

Taeyeonkim: Keke yeah that’s indeed a compliment, love. 

 

Tiffanyyoung: Anyway, i’m proud of you my all-grown-up-baby ❤️

 

Taeyeonkim: Quit it. I was never your daughter to begin with. 

 

Tiffanyyoung: Oh darling cause you’ll always be my babyyy~ 😙

 

Taeyeonkim: Heh~ I’m singing the song in my head as i read it. But anyway..

Next bucket list, i will challenge myself for bungee jumping. 

 

Tiffanyyoung: I think i prefer skydiving. Wanna join me?

 

Taeyeonkim: No. Nope. Never. Skydiving is too scary for me. 

 

Tiffanyyoung: Er.. bungee jumping won’t be easy either.

Both will require a lot of courage to jump from a high place. 

 

Taeyeonkim: But at least, if something goes wrong, i’ll dive straight into the water.

While skydiving? You’ll literally goes up to the sky, to heaven directly. 

 

Tiffanyyoung: LOLLLL true that. But if it’s the time to go up there, then that’s the time. 

 

Taeyeonkim: Amen. 

 

Tiffanyyoung: Keke you jerk. Anyway Tae, wanna see my wedding gowns? 

 

Taeyeonkim: Sure! :)

 

Tiffanyyoung: *sent a picture*

what do you think about it?

 

Taeyeonkim: It’s beautiful, Pani. You’ll look so pretty in it. Your fiance is a very lucky man :)

 

Tiffanyyoung: Aaaaww Tae :’) thank you <3

You have to come to my wedding next year, okay?

Hey actually.. I haven’t tell the other girls. Just my family and now you. It will be in February. In Bali.

I want you to be there. So i’m giving you a heads up. So you can plan to take your leave from office. 

 

Taeyeonkim: Thank you, Pani. For telling me this before you tell the others. I feel special ;)

 

Tiffanyyoung: Of course. You’re special. You’re an important someone to me, Taetae. Don’t you dare to forget that. 

 

 

You were my someone special too, Pani-yah. So special. 

 

Maybe you’re no longer be that someone special in my life now. But there will always a special place where i keep you in my heart. A place that no one else could replace. 

 

But i’ll never tell you that. And you’ll never know that.

 

Shmily, Tiffany Hwang.

 

Be happy with him.

 

And i’ll try to find my prince too.

 

Because in this reality of life, we can only have a happy ending if we find our prince charming.

 

Two princesses can’t be together in the same fairytale book. Their stories might crossed, they met and made a beautiful bond, friendship, sisterhood, love, along the way before they had to take separate ways and finished their own storybook by marrying a prince charming. 

 

 

You asked me the meaning of my tattoo?

 

It’s just a simple small branch with leaves on it. One leave is falling down from the branch, you see. That one leave is you. 

 

Yeah it’s about letting go. 

 

I’m letting you go. Saying goodbye to you, my love. 

 

And wishing you’ll find your happily ever after with him. 

 

 

*flashback*

 

“One day, I’ll marry you, Tae.”

 

“We can’t, babe. As much as i wanted it too. We can’t get married here.”

 

“Let’s go somewhere else! Netherland? Let’s go there and get married.”

 

“You mean like run away from here?”

 

“Yeah. Let’s elope with me, love. Will you elope with me?”

 

“You’re crazy, you know that, right? But sure. Let’s elope one day.”

 

“Hahaha, yeah i’m indeed crazy, Tae. Crazily in love with you.”

 

“Shut up you cheeseballs. You’re making me blushing mess here!”

 

“Awww. But i’m serious, Tae. I really want to marry you. I love you.”

 

“I love you too, Pani-ah.”

 

“I know. We love each other so dearly. So it’s only right for us to get married. It’s our final year in high school now. 4 years in univ. 3 years working real hard to earn money. 7 years. Wait for me okay? One day i’ll bring you there and we’ll get married.”

 

*end of flashback*

 

Oh what a young naive love.