08. Love Really Hurts - Final

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to this song while reading <3

 

Kwangmin slowly opened his eyes and smiled at Youngmin, who was looking at him with frightened eyes.

"What's wrong, Hyung?"

Youngmin smiled yet cried endlessly.

"Just one time... Let me bring you somewhere..." Youngmin whispered to him, and Kwangmin nodded his head.

Youngmin carried Kwangmin on his back again; he was also carrying a blanket with him. When they reached the Hospital's park, he stopped and put Kwangmin down. He opened the blanket and placed it on the ground. He helped Kwangmin sit on it and then he sat with him.

Youngmin put his arms around Kwangmin's shoulder and looked up at the sky.

"Hyung... What are we doing here?" Kwangmin asked.

Youngmin made a soft laugh and pulled out a sheet of paper from his pocket. He gave it to Kwangmin and Kwangmin opened it to see what was in the paper.

"Hyung..." Kwangmin smiled and hugged the paper. "You didn't need to write this... and you don't need to make or buy a telescope for me...It's okay now."

"I...brought you here so I could tell you that... Next time, you'll enjoy watching the stars with it... and with me."

"I'm already happy."

Youngmin ignored him. "I will give you anything to make you happier. I will work hard to earn money for you... For your hospital bills and for things I want to give you."

"You're too much," Kwangmin poked him. Youngmin just pulled Kwangmin closer, leaning him in for a hug.

* * * 

It was a normal day the next morning. Dr. Kim also came to give the results and says Kwangmin only has a few months left to live. It broke Youngmin's heart so much; he was the first person to hear it.

He didn't tell the others, not his parents or Minwoo. Kwangmin doesn't even know but he knows he will die soon.

Three days had passed and they had no money left to pay the hospital bills anymore. Youngmin begged for the Doctor to give them more time but it was no use, they had to bring Kwangmin out if they couldn't pay.

They indeed decided to go home. Mr. and Mrs. Jo reunited again, lived together with their sons but did not remarried of course. Minwoo often come to their house to bring something for Kwangmin. Kwangmin had convinced Minwoo not to do anything stupid just for him, Minwoo is mad of Kwangmin and to himself.

Every night, Minwoo would write on an every single paper the emotions and thoughts he had and things he should have told Kwangmin when he had to.

He had tried to commit suicide but he was already stopped by random people and the last person who stopped him was Kwangmin, who went back to school to study again despite his serious illness. That was also the last time Minwoo stopped trying to commit suicide.

"I don't know why but... When Kwangmin says it... He always convinces me..." Minwoo said tearfully. "I always listen to him..."

Youngmin tapped his back and hugged him. If only he could do something to change destiny... Unfortunately, all he could do for Minwoo is comfort him... and all he could do for Kwangmin was protect him, take care of him, make him smile...portrait him...work for him...buy him medicines.

Kwangmin on the other hand is secretly working to earn money too. Their parents are working very hard to earn money so they could buy Kwangmin his medicines that he needs, things that he wants. No matter how much the cost is.

All night, Mr. Jo would find Youngmin sitting on a chair beside Kwangmin's bed, both of them peacefully sleeping. Mr. Jo would tuck in Kwangmin, cover his whole body with a blanket and then carry Youngmin and put him down beside Kwangmin.

Youngmin and Kwangmin would sleep together and every morning, they would be hugging each other.

There was once when Youngmin woke up first, he was happy to see Kwangmin in front of him. His angelic face always made Youngmin feel warm, even when his hair is messy. Youngmin touched Kwangmin's hair while smiling.

His smile faded away.

Kwangmin was losing hairs, so Youngmin decided not to touch them. He just cried silently in front of Kwangmin while lying on the same bed with him, putting his hand over his mouth to stifle his sob and so Kwangmin wouldn't hear him.

Youngmin is frightened that someday... He'll lose Kwangmin.

Kwangmin fluttered his eyes open and saw Youngmin crying in front of him. He looked at him, surprised and worried.

"What's wrong?" Kwangmin asked and removed Youngmin's hand from his mouth. "Hyung, are you okay?" When Youngmin didn't reply, Kwangmin hugged him. "Don't cry, Hyung..." He whispered.

"Kwangmin-ah...I'm scared..." Youngmin finally said it. He wanted to tell Kwangmin everything. The worries he has, the things he wanted to get off his chest. "I'm scared to lose you...I love you so much...I can't live without you...I want you beside me...Not anywhere else...I'm so selfish...But...I love you so much..."

"No, hyung...You're not selfish..." Kwangmin said, sliding his hands up and down on Youngmin's back. "Don't be scared...I'm still here..."

"But what about...what about..." Youngmin wanted to say the words, but he couldn't. The words that he had been avoiding, if Kwangmin dies, those words that he had always imagined, he couldn't say in person.

"I don't know what to do...Jo Kwangmin...I don't want to lose you..." Youngmin continued.

* * *

When it was time for exam, Kwangmin was very pale. He couldn't even answer correctly. Nobody in class knew about his illness, besides Youngmin and Minwoo.

Kwangmin even got scolded by the teacher for getting the lowest mark, Kwangmin just sat on his chair with his hands formally on his desk. He stared at no one although the teacher was in front of him.

Only then the teacher realized Kwangmin was very pale, like he needed to go the clinic or Hospital.

"Are you okay, Jo Kwangmin?" The teacher asked.

Youngmin was waiting outside the classroom, he was very worried but Minwoo and him waited because that was what the teacher said so. When Youngmin couldn't stop himself anymore, he rushed inside the room.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. I have to take Kwangmin." Youngmin said and grabbed Kwangmin's hand. They walked out without another word.

Youngmin brought Kwangmin home. Kwangmin just went to his room and Youngmin followed him.

Their parents weren't at home but working somewhere to earn money.

"Are you okay?" Youngmin asked the pale Kwangmin. Kwangmin glanced up at him and sat on his bed, he couldn't see Youngmin's face clearly. He was too tired to open his eyes and talk so he only nodded his head and went to bed.

"Just rest..." Youngmin said and used the blanket to cover Kwangmin's body. "I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter