04. I Don't Want You To See Me Like This

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

LISTEN TO THIS SONG WHILE READING <3

 

I don't want him to see me like this... I don't want to look weak in front of him... Thoughts raced in Kwangmin's mind. He couldn't take the pain he was feeling anymore.

It hurts so much, I'm tired...

And he shut his eyes closed, tears flowing over and over again.

Minwoo grabbed Youngmin's arm, pulling him outside before closing the door of the Isolation room. He pushed Youngmin against the wall, he sniffled as he wiped his nonstop tears but Youngmin just went blank and stiff.

"I---I still... I still can't believe it," Youngmin mumbled.

Minwoo couldn't believe it either. Kwangmin is only 16 but he already has leukemia.

"I---I don't know what to do anymore..." He continued as his voice break with his tears falling. "What do I do? What can I do for him?"

Nothing.

 

Youngmin's Point of View

When Dr. Kim came out of Kwangmin's room with his assistant nurses, he nodded and told us that we can come in. I came inside first since Minwoo said nothing; he only gestured for me to go in and turned his back on me.

I went inside Kwangmin's room and closed the door behind me. He now knows that I know but I still don't know what to say to him, or what to say to our parents. I don't know.

He was asleep when I was inside. I sat on a chair beside him and held his hand against my cheek.

"Kwangmin-ah..."

About an hour later, he finally woke up. When he saw me beside him, staring and holding him, his eyes widened in surprise and quickly moved his hand away.

"Kwangmin-ah..."

"Hyung..."

"It's okay."

"No," his eyes were watering with tears. "Nothing's okay. Leave."

"That makes me want to stay beside you more."

"Please...I don't want you to see me like this."

"I'm not leaving you, Kwangmin."

"Mom and Dad will know, they shouldn't." He talked faster, panicking. He had always been like that, afraid to be pitied. He sits up on bed and jumped off, pulling off his dextrose. I tried to stop him but when I met his sad painful eyes, I just suddenly stopped.

"Leave me alone..." He whispered, pushing me away and running out of the room.

I fell silent for a moment but shortly upon realizing what had happened, I went back to my sense. I hurried outside and searched for him.

 

No one's Point of View

Kwangmin hid against the wall, taking a peek at Youngmin who was looking around searching for him. He clutched his heart, it was hurting too much. He felt as if he couldn't breathe.

He wanted to run away, make everyone he cares forget about him. People he loves and those who love him, he wants to forget all of them and so he'd forget about his problem. About this pain.

He went home on his own. He felt really tired and fatigue when he arrived.

His mother approached him worriedly.

"Kwangmin-ah, are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm fine." Kwangmin simply replied and went upstairs, leaving his mother speechless.

Kwangmin went to his room and leaned against the door for support. He took a deep breath and cried again, he felt so bad because he was so cold toward his mother. He felt bad for everyone, including Youngmin.

His phone suddenly beeped, making him jump a little. He opened and the read the message. It was from Minwoo.

"Hyung, where are you?" Minwoo asked on his text.

Kwangmin smiled.

"You know it too, right? Minwoo-yah," he cried again but he made no noise so that his mother won't hear his sobs. He slowly stood up and sat on his bed, deleting Minwoo's message and turning off his phone.

Someone rushed inside without warning. Kwangmin met his worried gaze and they both stood facing each other.

"Kwangmin-ah, don't ever make me worry again." Youngmin said and walked closer to him, hugging him tight and never wanting to let him go again.

That night, they slept together. Kwangmin always got up to drink water, and then back to bed where Youngmin was fast asleep. They spent days together in their mother's house. Youngmin always reminded Kwangmin to drink his medicine and he never left his side even when they were at school. Their mother wasn't even curious or suspicious about anything; not about their relationship or about Kwangmin's illness.

Minwoo always watched the two from a distance, doing everything he could to be a good friend for the twins and always telling Youngmin to take care of Kwangmin well, and make sure he's doing fine.

Minwoo cares a lot for Kwangmin, and he loves him. Kwangmin knows that, and Minwoo understands why Kwangmin can't return his feelings. Kwangmin had always loved Youngmin, even more than a twin brother.

After hearing from Dr. Kim that Kwangmin doesn't have much time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter