06. Truth

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LISTEN TO THIS SONG WHILE READING <3

 

Kwangmin walked out of the room and found Youngmin there, staring at him blankly. Kwangmin's eyes were teary and all of the sudden, he felt as if he couldn't breathe. He tried to flash a smile in front of Youngmin, showing him that he's fine.

"Hyung..." He called.

Hyung... Youngmin kept on hearing that word, and just that time, he started to hate that word because Kwangmin says that word weakly and it makes him feel weak as well.

"Hyung...Please stop No Minwoo...He can't..." Kwangmin shook his head and abruptly collapsed on the floor. Youngmin panicked and screamed his name. Minwoo heard his scream and quickly rushed back inside and upstairs where he found Kwangmin in the arms of Youngmin.

"What happened?" Minwoo asked worriedly.

"We need to get him to a hospital, NOW!" Youngmin shouted.

 

At the hospital

Kwangmin was lying on a hospital bed. He was already awake but he didn't want to open his eyes, knowing that Youngmin was sitting on a chair beside him...He was embarrassed of how fragile he was. Again and again.

Youngmin just waited for him, looking at his pale lips and thin body, he touched Kwangmin's back palm. 

"Mother is coming here...And Father too. But Father doesn't know yet...” He whispered.

Kwangmin only listened secretly.

"Mother cried the other day...When she found out. She didn't know what to do...She's scared about our feelings for each other and most especially, she's scared about your---your illness. And our relationship...she said she'll let us be...But father shouldn't know...You know him..." Youngmin sighed and leaned his head on Kwangmin's hand. "But if that happens...I won't let him hurt you...I'll ask him to just beat me..."

"And... Don't worry... I'm going to get your book tonight... You---you want it, right? Then... I will give it back to you. I'm sorry... I'm sorry for taking it away from you in the first place..." He added as he broke into tears, trying not to make sound but he couldn't make it. 

"Hyung..." Kwangmin suddenly closed. He finally opened his eyes. Youngmin got up quickly.

"You're awake?" He asked.

Kwangmin was about to get up but Youngmin pushed him back to bed.

"Just rest." He said.

"Hyung..." Kwangmin said with a sighed. He looked elsewhere, trying not to meet Youngmin's gaze. "Please don't tell father..." he said.

"Kwangmin-ah..."

"I don't want him to know... He'll say I'm weak... "

"What? He won’t say that... He is father, so he won’t say something like that to his own son!"

"Just...Just don't tell him, Hyung..." Kwangmin looked up at Youngmin, pleading. "Promise me that you won’t tell him. It's enough that...that mother knows...But father... I don't want him to know."

With Kwangmin's pleading voice, Youngmin couldn't refuse him.

"Okay..." Youngmin agreed with hesitation. He turned his back on him so he wouldn't see how fast his tears began to drip. 

"What's wrong, hyung?"

"I guess...I guess I'm going to get it now... Since you're already awake..." Youngmin replied. Kwangmin held on to his shirt, stopping him.

"Just do that tonight..." Kwangmin said.

"I'll ask Minwoo to take care of you...Wait for me..." Youngmin said and prepared to walk out but Kwangmin pulled him back and turned him around so he could face him. He hastily hugged him and cried; Youngmin's shoulder was wet because of Kwangmin's tears falling all over.

"Hyung... I don't want you to go away..."

"Kwangmin-ah..."

Their father, Mr. Jo, who had just arrived to visit, stopped by the door to listen.

"If you're leaving, I'm coming with you. I hate being here anyway...Besides...No Minwoo, I should talk to him."

"He's here. Minwoo's here. You can talk to him here."

"Then don't leave!"

Youngmin pulled away from the hug and touched Kwangmin's right cheek then wiped his tears away.

"Don't cry okay? It's not like I'm not coming back." Youngmin said.

"I hate being without you."

"I'm just going to get your book...Didn't you say---"

"Hyung, what if---what if mother and father comes? I don't know what to say to them!"

Mr. Jo, who was still listening, widened his eyes. Mrs. Jo hasn't mentioned anything to him, not Kwangmin's illness or the relationship he has with Youngmin. Except that she told him that he needs to know something but not now.

He was too suspicious so he poked his head in.

"Don't worry... I'll explain to them..."

"Eh? You're not going to tell the truth right? About my---" Youngmin didn't let him finish his words. Instead, he leaned in to give Kwangmin a peck on his lips. 

"Just stop worrying." Youngmin repeated. "I'll really get mad if you will ask the same question." He said coldly, giving him a cold expression. When Kwangmin's face reddened, he quickly flashed an easy smile and ruffled Kwangmin's hair. "I love you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter