07. In Their Loving Care

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Listen to this song while reading <3

 

Youngmin got on the bus. The passengers and the driver stared at him suspiciously because of his bruises everywhere and the way he walked. He ignored them and took a seat. He turned to his right and saw his face on the glass window. He quickly wipes away his bleeding lips using his bare hands and also wiped his whole face with his coat.

After cleaning himself a bit, he sighed and leaned backward while hugging Kwangmin's book.

At the hospital

Later, Youngmin arrived in the Hospital. While on his way upstairs, someone grabbed his arm from behind. He turned around to see who it was. It was Minwoo. Minwoo let go of his arm and looked everywhere.

"Kwangmin...almost...died...today. I'm...sorry." Minwoo said those words without looking Youngmin in the eyes.

Youngmin didn't reply but instead he rushed to where Kwangmin should be and check if Kwangmin's alright. Minwoo stopped him.

"Mr. Jo came." He said.

Youngmin turned back at Minwoo.

"Father?"

"Yes...And he said he wants to see you... He's waiting in the cafeteria." 

"If father's here...does that mean he knows..."

"Yes... I'm sorry." Minwoo met Youngmin's terrifying gaze. He gulped and bowed in front of him. "I'm going to go check Kwangmin now..."

When Minwoo said that, he swiftly walked away to head to Kwangmin's room leaving Youngmin speechless for a while.

 

Minwoo went inside Kwangmin's room and still, Kwangmin was asleep.

He closed the door behind him and took a chair then placed it beside Kwangmin's bed. He sat on the chair and stared at Kwangmin for a long time.

Before something bad happens to you... I will donate my bone marrow for you and you won't be able to stop me... I've finally made my decision... I only want to save you. He thought. I'll wait until you wake up... If I have to lie, then I'll lie. But I want to be able to talk to you first...

As Minwoo stared at the unconscious Kwangmin, he remembered the memories he had with him. When we first met...I was somehow... 'Love at first sight' with you... I thought... You might feel the same way... And... I was thankful you were there to stand up for me when I wasn't able to say anything to prove myself I'm innocent...To prove to myself that I can fight... You were there to help me... You then befriended me even when people hated me for what my parents are...

You were the best friend I've ever had... I thought you might feel the same with me... The feeling of more than a friend, best friend or a brother. I thought you loved me back... But you only treated me as your best friend...

I understand you... I understand everything... I don't blame you... I blame myself... But I don't regret anything; I don't regret falling in love with you... I would be happy to save you no matter what. If I won't be able to do that... I'll definitely regret... I... I want you to live... and be happy with Jo Youngmin...

I don't care about me... As long as you're happy... As long as you're with him... You will be happy right?

Minwoo wiped his tears away as he break down into tears. He covered his eyes with his back palm.

He stopped when he felt someone's cold hands on his other hand. He slowly uncovered his eyes, swollen after all that crying. He met Kwangmin's eyes, and his smiling face which was full of sorrow behind it.

"Why are you crying?" Kwangmin asked softly. "I...I'm...not...dead...yet..." He muttered softly, almost a whisper that Minwoo heard clearly.

Minwoo's tears fell again, Kwangmin's hand was too cold, and it was cold as ice.

"But Minwoo-ah..." Kwangmin went on, staring at Minwoo who fell silent. "About earlier... I want you... not to do anything stupid..."

Stupid? What's so stupid about it...? Minwoo thought tearfully.

"Please think of this as a favor..." Kwangmin whispered, breathing in and out to keep on talking calmly. "For me... You're my best friend, right?" Kwangmin added.

"Promise me... No Minwoo..."

"Jo Kwangmin..."

"I'll hate you forever if you do something stupid just for me..."

"Jo Kwangmin..."

"Stop calling my name... Just promise me..."

I want to lie... I want to lie... But... I don't know if I can... Minwoo thought and cried even more.

"I...I don't need you to do anything for me..." Kwangmin said, letting go of Minwoo's hands. "You've done enough for me...So, enough...is enough..." 

 

Youngmin went to the cafeteria and found his father sitting alone. He sat on a chair in front of Mr. Jo and rested his arms on the table; he also placed the two noodles on the table and still held the book with him.

It was obvious that Mr. Jo had been crying. He was staring at Youngmin for a long time, but Youngmin was looking everywhere. 

"Look at me..." Mr. Jo commanded. When Youngmin ignored him, he repeated again and finally made Youngmin look at him. Youngmin looked at him nervously, but he tried to calm down his heart and speak to his father. "What happened to your face?" he asked.

"Father, what do you want to talk about?" He simply asked, changing the topic.

"Don't act like you don't know, Youngmin..." Mr. Jo said slowly, balling his fist on the table.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter