Chapter 52

Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present...

"It's the end of my story." Sowon said, leaving the bench and walk to the fence along the river. Sinb followed behind.

It has been three years in a relationship with Eunha. It is not a long time but not a short time as well. Their relationship still going strong that makes everyone envy of them.

Both of them were enjoying the sounds of nature, the rustle of the trees' leaves, the soft splashing of the river, the chirping of the birds and the soft summer breeze against their skin.

"너무 좋다." she said and took a deep breath of fresh air.

Sinb chuckled as she continues, "I'm kinda envious."

"Envy? About my love story that i just shared?" Sinb nodded.

"You know right. You can make your own romantic love story with Yerin. Maybe a dramatically romantic scene." she giggled and earn a playfully slap on her backside.

"Hey. How dare you?" Sowon shouted.

The two started to run, playfully chasing after Sinb along the park. Sowon stopped and pulled her phone out from her pocket as she felt the phone vibrating. Sinb stopped as well and turned around to look at Sowon.

"Who is that? Eunha?" she asked while walking towards Sowon.

She says as she ended the call, "Yes. Let's go back now."

.......................................

Soon after dinner, she heading to her room. Sitting on her study table, organised her study material for tomorrow's classes. Her gaze moved to the window as she heard the sound of rain tapping against the window.

"It's raining," she said in almost whisper.

She walks closer and stared out the window for a while, slowly her mind trailing with thoughts. She closes her eyes and concentrated, paging through the last meeting and conversation that she had with Yerin.

"Oh ya. A lunch date with Yerin unnie on Saturday." she opened her eyes as she remembered.

She walks back to the table and marks down the date on the planner that stick on the wall.

"3 more days," she said, twisted into a smile.

A few minutes later, her mum came in from the living room to her room. She startled upon the sudden door open as she turned to see her mum walks in.

"Mum."

"What are you doing?" she said as she stepped inside and occupied herself sitting on the bed across from her daughter.

"Ahh. Just checking on my timetable and prepare for my tomorrow classes," she said with much hesitancy in her voice while leaning back against the table.

"So how was your day?" Her mum asked as she looked at his daughter smiling gently. She knew that she has been ignored her daughter for far too long and she knew she needed to do this more often, mother-daughter time.

"Fine," she replied as the notification sounds from her phone distracted her. It was a text message from Yerin. She unlocked her phone and read the message.

From Yerin unnie,

'​​​​​​Are you free to talk now?'

Sinb really wanted to reply immediately but her mum was with her so she just locked her phone and shifted her attention back to her mum.

"Sinb, Mummy can't accompany you for the check-up tomorrow. Is it ok for you to go alone? I will ask our driver to pick you up tomorrow after class." Her mum said feeling guilty.

"Mum, don't worry. I can go by myself or maybe i will ask Umji to accompany me if she's available," she replied, glancing at her phone that buzzing again on the table. It was a call from Yerin.

"I will be more relieve if Umji going with you. I can't trust you, you were such a clumsy person. You even fell from the stairs and break your bone." her mum said, shook her head while pointing at Sinb's casted hand.

She pursed her lips as she kept her eyes fixed away from her mum upon hearing the words falling from the stairs. It was totally a lie. She was too afraid to let her mum know the truth that she was involved in a fight just to save Yerin unnie.

She took a deep breath and smile to reassure her mum. "I will call Umji later."

"Good. Go ahead and answer the call. It might be an important call. I will take my leave first. Don't forget to give me a call after you have done your check-up. "she said as she stood up and walked to Sinb, giving her daughter a good night kiss on her forehead. "Good night, baby."

"Good night, mummy." her mum gave a warm smile before leave Sinb's room.

Sinb slides her phone to answer the call as soon as her mum left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter