We Loved - Kang Daniel

Wanna One Oneshots

Daniel’s phone kept on ringing. He just stared at it. You were calling him. But he can’t answer. He doesn’t know what to say. You had a big fight and said harsh things to each other. This wasn’t the first time you fought in your 2 years of relationship. But this was the only one wherein you really hurt each other both deeply. He still even remember the words you’ve said.

“Maybe we should break up.”

You said it with no strength. As if you were already tired of everything. He would have preferred it if you shouted, but you didn’t. He didn’t reply and just went outside your apartment. He didn’t know what to do.

Should he?

Will he be able to move on from you?

At that time, he wished you were both strangers. Just to escape the pain.

He knew you both already invested so much in this relationship. It’s not gonna be easy. If you break up, he doesn’t even know til when will he still be affected. Or will he even survive it. You shared many good memories. He loves you so much, or loved. He doesn’t even know now.

The tears won’t stop flowing from your eyes. You stared at your phone, waiting for Daniel to pick up. After the fifth time, you threw it on the ground. It got destroyed, it looked like a mess, just like how you looked now.

You’ve had these fights before. But with this one, you realized you’ve grown tired of it. You didn’t know what went wrong with your relationship.

Will you be able to move on from him?

At that time, you wished you were both strangers. Just to escape the pain.

You can still remember the days you were still happy. It’s as if nothing can break your relationship. You were always talking about the future. On how your house will look like, on how many kids you’ll have, on how you’ll have your wedding. Guess those are all worthless now.

You know you both pretended to be okay. Even with things getting harder more and more, you still smiled as if it was nothing. But you both also knew, with what happened last night you have to make a final decision.

And now you decided, your time together has stopped. This relationship has gone toxic. It would be better for you both to break up than pretend like before.

Daniel came home to you sitting in the sofa. As if you were waiting for him. He sat beside you like he always did before. But both of you said nothing.

You were waiting for him to say it.

He was waiting for you to say it.

The silence was defeaning.

He was startled when you opened his hand and left something there. Then you left the house with your suitcases.

Minutes after you left, he opened it to see your engagement ring.

He didn’t even notice the tears flowing until it fell on the ring.

He was not able to control his sobs as he wished for you to come back.

Guess now he knows if he still loves you or not.