Chances - Kang Daniel

Wanna One Oneshots

You had no time to date. You were the type of person who would rather stay inside the house or go to the bookstore. So when your friend told you to go on a blind date, you were pissed.

“Cmon Y/N! Live a little. You’ll never know, maybe he’s the guy of your dreams.”

You just glared at her like you wanted to strangle her.

And so here you were at the local coffee shop waiting for your date. You intentionally came earlier so that you can still read your book while waiting. You were too engrossed, not realizing someone was already sitting in front of you.

“Hi. I’m Daniel.”

You thought that was the last time you would see him. Daniel had an eye smile anybody would love. He was so pure you had the urge to protect him even though he was bigger than you are. But having a love life was not part of your plan. You loved your freedom. So you told him that.

“That’s okay. I’m willing to wait.”

He did everything for you. He gave you flowers, took you home, hanged out with you, gave you medicine when you’re sick, made you laugh a lot. He told you he loved you every day, even if you stayed silent afterwards. He was everything your dream guys from the books were. You were slowly falling for him.

Soon after, you guys dated. You were happy with your relationship. You dated like any couple would do. Even if Daniel was still a trainee, he dated you secretly. Even if he was tired from practice and you with school, you both were contented with what you have. When he debuted you were ecstatic for him. His dream was finally coming true. However, as he had his success, your dates were becoming less frequent, the phone calls close to none, you were frustrated but you had to support him. This is his dream we’re talking about. You can’t ruin this for him.

Daniel was becoming more and more popular. You can see his face every where. He’s on every famous tv shows and commercials. You can see he’s happy. Tired, but happy.

He’s constantly followed by the paparazzi anywhere. You scheduled a date for your birthday and accidentally you were caught. It became a big issue. People were bashing you on every social media account you had that you were forced to delete them. You kept silent about it but Daniel was angry for you. He was hurt for you. He was even forced to tell everyone you were just a friend just to lessen the hate you’re getting. You felt like you were already a burden for him so you decided to have a talk.

“I’m sorry.”

You were silent.

“Are you still happy?”

“…”

“Y/N, talk to me.”

“I don’t know anymore Daniel. This, it’s not worth it.”

You didn’t look him in the eyes. You can’t handle whatever emotion he must be having right now. You didn’t want to waver. You didn’t mean a thing you’ve said. You didn’t mean that your relationship was not worth it, you just had to let him go.

You broke up.

Years past, you both grew up. He was still a big star, and you graduated. You lived your own life.  You tried to become happy. You tried to meet other people. You tried to forget him. You tried.

Now, you’re on your way again to another blind date your friend scheduled for you. As you arrived, you can’t help but smile. This was the cafe where you met him. You hope this was also the cafe where you’ll finally forget him.

The guy texted you that he was at back part. You were curious why he chose an isolated space. It seemed like that whole part of the cafe was rented out. Then you saw him, his back was facing you.

“I’m sorry I’m late. Hi, I’m …”

“Hi. I’m Daniel.”