Pink Hydrangeas - Kang Daniel

Wanna One Oneshots

They said a woman’s most beautiful moment is during her wedding. I thought they were exaggerating. I was wrong.

 

You were practically glowing as you walked down the aisle. Your eye smile that I loved so much was showing it’s presence right now, goes to show how much happy you are. On your hand were a bouquet of pink hydrangeas you thought you hated at first sight but then fell in love with as time had gone by. You were wearing that lace gown you said you were never gonna wear but yet today you are wearing. You’re wearing heels which you despised so much that you even planned to wear sneakers at your wedding. 

 

We’ve known each other for such a long time now, I know almost everything about you. 

 

You hated Mondays, you loved blue, you adore dogs more than cats and I don’t like that but I still love you. You make everyone laugh with your antics yet scare people when you’re pissed. You have a great sense of justice but you hate watching the news. You love reading novels but you get sleepy when you read your books for school. You love annoying your brothers so much but you also worry about them too. You love watching thriller movies but you hate horror ones. You tend to cry a lot but hold it in when you are in front of many people. You hated attention, you want to become a chameleon. 

 

I still remember how it all started. It was in kindergarten when our classmates were making fun of me. I was always bullied for being fat and ugly. You were adored by many because you were smart and pretty. We were different and never had an interaction before. 

 

“Ya, Kang Euigeon! Why are you so ugly, huh?”

“You better move to another school. You don’t even belong here.”

“Fat kids don’t belong here! Go away!”

 

I just kept on crying when I heard you.

 

“What do you think your doing?”

“Oh hey, Y/N! Come join us! We’re making the fat kid go away.” They laughed.

“Why should I?” 

They became silent. No one expected this. I even stopped crying.

“Ya, answer me. WHY SHOULD I? Don’t expect me to go down on your level. I am nothing like you. If you don't want him here, you go away yourself, why bother the poor kid?”

 

“Ya Kang Euigeon, stand up. Come with me.” 

 

You were my first love. 

 

We were inseparable after that. We became best friends which was a shock for other people. You couldn’t care less what other people say. You made sure I was not bullied anymore. Your image of being a sweet child was long gone. You became the fearless little girl who protected her friend. 

 

(High School)

 

“Euigeon-ah.”

“Oh? Why?”

“Do you have someone you like?”

“W-what? Why?”

“I’m just worried you might die old and alone. You better step up your game. Many of our classmates have already started dating. You should too.”

“Speak for yourself.”

“Ya! I could date if I want to you know! I just haven’t found the one yet. Promise me that we’ll tell each other when we find our special others okay?!”

 

I already did.

 

(College)

 

“Euigeon-ah”

“Ya, i changed my name already. You should call me by that name now.”

“Shiro! You will always be my Euigeon-ie, okay?” you pinched my cheeks hard.

“Ya! Stop that!”

 

“Oh? Kang Daniel!”

“Seongwu-hyung! What are you doing here?”

“I was just passing by. Hello, Y/N!”

“Hello, oppa. How are you?”

 

I felt uncomfortable as hyung talked to you as if you two were long time friends. Also, I knew he liked you.

 

 

Our graduation came and I bought pink hydrangeas for you. They meant heartfelt emotion. You were happily talking with your friends when I came to greet you.

 

“Congratulations, Y/N.”

“Ohhhhh yah Kang Euigeon.You grew up well, huh. You even know how to buy flowers for a girl. Am I your guinea pig for this?”

“Ya!”

“I was just joking! Thank you, Euigeon-ah, Ya! Why pink?!”

“To remind you of me.” 

“This will wilt and die Kang Euigeon. Why should that remind me of you?”

 

I shouldn’t even bother anymore. You were hopeless. 

I thought I couldn’t love you much more than I already did. I was wrong.

I’m planning on confessing to you after graduation…

 

You were nearing me already. I was nervous. I felt like having a breakdown. This was it. The moment everyone was waiting for. You were finally getting married. You smiled awkwardly at me, you were also nervous. You waved your flowers as if telling me “I regret saying I hated them.” I laughed at you. You laughed back. We were having our own moment as if we were the only ones in the room.

 

But then he took your hand. Your attention went to him. He was the reason for you glowing, not me. He made you feel butterflies, not me. He was your whole world, not me. Seongwu-hyung was making you happy, not me.

 

I was nervous of not being the one for you. I felt like having a breakdown for regretting everything. 

 

“You may now kiss the bride.”

 

I already lost you.