Do You Want To Go Out? - Park Jihoon

Wanna One Oneshots

You caught yourself staring at Jihoon. Fortunately, he was focused on studying for the exams. He was trying to focus, eyebrows furrowed, lips pouting, constantly sighing. You laughed at him.

“Ya! You shouldn’t laugh at someone who tries hard!”

“Sure Jihoon, sure.”

 

You and Jihoon were childhood friends. Even though he was quite popular for his looks and attitude, he sticked to you. You were the opposite, the frank, cold girl who doesn’t filter anything she says, people try to avoid you as much as they can. Little as you are, you scare people a lot.

They were confused as to why Jihoon likes spending time with you. They don’t why, even you don’t why. You tried to ask him once.

“Dude, go find other friends. Why are you always here? Am I that charming for you?”

He just looked at like you lost your mind.

 

Childhood friends are cliche in every story line. And just like that every cliche story, you fell for your best friend too. You don’t know when it happened, it just did. You suddenly realized how special he was for you.

“Hey Y/N, you’re not that ugly you know.”

“Wow, thanks. Means a lot.”

“But seriously though, what your ideal type? You’ll never know maybe I’ll introduce your future husband to you.”

You felt a stab on your heart. Twisting it, then pulling it out. But you stayed indifferent. You were not known as the ice queen for nothing.

 

“Someone who doesn’t like to wear pink.”

“Hey! What’s wrong with pink?!”

You wear pink a lot and it looks great on you.

 

“Someone who likes to eat spicy food.”

“That’s nasty! Why let your tongue suffer?!”

I hate spicy food too, at least we have that in common.

 

“Someone who’s not that friendly.”

“You’re just anti-social so you don’t understand.”

Yep. And it makes you more adorable, making it hard to not like you.

 

“Why are all those things the opposite of me? Are you mocking me?”

You just smirked at him.

How I wish Jihoon, how i wish.

 

“Hey Jihoon, wanna go out?” You tried to say.

“Uhuh! Let’s go get ice cream!” But he misunderstood.

 

Can’t I just tell you I like you? I just want to be honest.

But you can’t. You’re not ready to risk your friendship.

 

You tried to push him away from you, but unconsciously pull him right back. You tried to talk to him rudely, but he just ignored you thinking here we go again. You glared at him all the time, but he just made you laugh.

 

“Do you wanna just go out?” You tried again.

“Uhuh! Let’s go to that pet cafe you wanted to go to!”

 

You tried your best not to become awkward with him. You still ate with him whenever he had cravings. You still answered whenever you’d have your daily phone calls. You know you can’t bring things back the way they were before. You already had deep feelings for him and you wouldn’t like to dwell on what ifs in the future. But then you were still scared and can’t directly confess. So you did what you do best.

“Do you want to go out?”

You were nervous the whole time but you were determined to do this. If he misunderstands you again, you’ll take as a sign to just back out and forget this feeling.  

 

You expected him to answer his usual one but when you looked at him he was staring at you seriously.

“You know I like pink right?”

You nodded.

“And I hate spicy food.”

You nodded again.

“ And I’m also very friendly and I’m happy with that so I’m not gonna change.”

Another nod.

“I’m everything your ideal type isn’t.”

You just stared at him.

 

“So, Y/N. Do you want to go out?”