"My mind is swaying all day." -MoChaeng

Sweet Nothings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

// (prompt) Chaeyoung's crush had been going for too long and it's hopeless.

or, Momo really at chemistry.//

 

The usual nudge in her side made Chaeyoung look up. There, across the room, stood Momo in all of her glory -which for Chaeyoung meant her messy bun, second-hand hoodie (that she probably got after it stopped fitting her older siblings), and ripped jeans.

 

“Momo, Jeong, here!” Chaeyoung heard Dahyun call, which earned the older girl a kick in the shin.

“Ouch! What was that for?”

“You didn’t have to call them over,” Chaeyoung hissed, getting nothing but a huge smile from her best friend.

“They are our friends.” Dahyun shrugged, faking innocence, but the smirk in her voice was too obvious, and Chaeyoung just sighed.

 

By the time Chaeyoung’s crush and her classmate, who actually belonged to their group of friends -yes, Dahyun was just stating facts-, reached their table, Chaeyoung’s cheeks were tinted red.
 

-

 

“Why aren’t you eating?” Jeongyeon, the school’s literature nerd, teased.

Chaeyoung inwardly sighed; the world must had been after her that day, before answering, “Um, it’s nothing! I just, I’m having trouble, you know, with chemistry, and my midterms are in less than two weeks.”

Well, now, that was a sheer lie. If Jeongyeon was the literature nerd, Chaeyoung was the nerd of them nerds, in almost anything you can name: chemistry, for instance, maths, literature, arts, everything..

Truth was that chaeyoung lost appetite whenever Momo was around, because the latter made her stomach churn, her heart beat faster, and always feel on the verge of throwing up a rainbow.

“Well, in that case, our resident genius, Momo,” Jeongyeon started, patting Momo on the back, a bit harshly, “can help you with your chemistry.”

Upon hearing her name, the girl in question looked up from her plate, confused.

“Eh?!”

“I was saying, you can help our little Chaengie study for the chemistry test she has in two weeks.” Jeongyeon explained again.

 

Needless to say, Momo choked on her food and it took her over ten minutes to be able to breathe normally again; it took Dahyun the entire day to convince Chaeyoung that punching Jeongyeon wouldn’t change the fact that she set her up with her 2-years-ongoing crush.

What Dahyun didn’t tell her though, is that Momo had already done the work.

 

-

 

“But I at chemistry!”

“Maybe you do, maybe you don’t. You just haven’t discovered it yet!”

“I take summer courses for failed chemistry exams, each year! Jeongyeon, the only thing I’m good at is, anything that doesn’t involve using my brain.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter