Why her and not me? chapter 4

Why her and not me?

Was it all a dream? my eyes start to open and I’m looking at a white ceiling. why am I in the hospital? I suddenly sit up after I remember what happened but go back down and my head feels like its underwater. I look next to me and Tae is sleeping in the chair by my bed, with cut on his cheek. I lean over to him and his cheek. he must’ve got cut when I was out. his eyes started to open and widened as he saw I was awake. he jumped out of his seat and flung himself onto me but I gasped because I was in so much pain. he quickly got off me. "I’m so sorry, please forgive me. I missed you so much, I promise never to hurt you ever again, please" I just smile but he can’t see because his head is looking down. "I’m sorry Tae but I don’t think I can ever forgive you..." he looked up at me with tears in his eyes. "I just kidding you idiot" and I burst out laughing. "Just know if you do anything like this again, I think I’ll just kill you" and he grabbed my hands and looked in my eyes. "I promise this won’t happen ever again" I just nod and turn the other and lie down to cover my bright red face. "I need to sleep go away" he just giggles. "I’ll be here when you wake up" his words make me feel warm with comfort "yeah, yeah whatever leave me alone now" and he walks out of the door and I fall asleep.

 

after a few hours I wake up and notice Tae isn’t there. I frown. I look around and then the doctor comes into my room. "Morning Y/N did you sleep well? how long was I asleep for?" but right now all I cared about was where Tae was. "I’m feeling a lot better thanks. before I went to sleep there was a boy who was here, do you know where he went?" the doctor looked at the floor. I started to get worried as he stayed silent. "your friend and another boy were taken to the police station as they were having a fight in the hospital outside your room." who was the boy he got in a fight with? "Am I allowed to leave the hospital yet?" I said hopefully. "Yes, but you have to stay on crutches" I got up slowly as my stomach was seriously bruised and grabbed my bag. "thank you for making me better" he nodded and I left the room. What an idiot, having a fight in a hospital. I thought to myself. I’m not allowed to drive yet so I take out my phone but it’s out of battery. "Great, better start walking" 

after about half an hour I finally arrive at the police station and I’m exhausted. I enter the doors and start to look around trying to find Tae; then I see him sitting on a chair with blood on his face and a swollen eye. I go up to him and hug him tightly; tears on his shirt. I look at him and touch his face. "are you okay? does it hurt?" I say worriedly. "wait " I quickly say. "who was the other boy you were fighting?" Suddenly Tae started to look away. I started to get nervous. "when I tell you promise you won’t get angry with me please" it must've been someone I was close to if he thinks I’ll get mad at him for it. "I promise just please tell me Tae" still not giving eye contact he says "It was Yoongi..."