A friend or... a 'Friend'?

3 Years & 3 Months
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Same event from chapter 6 but from Yoongi's pov }

September 18th, 2017 – Jimin’s Dorm + The Genius Lab

 

Yoongi tried to get up from Jimin’s bed discreetly. He didn’t want to wake up the younger, actually he just wanted to vanish after what happened yesterday night. ‘How did I end up asking him if he loved me’ regretted the rapper. He made his way to the corridor quietly and sighed when he reached the door. ‘I am overthinking all this ’ he thought before leaving Jimin’s dorm.

 

 

Even if Yoongi was the kind of person who knew bunch of people in the music industry (since every artist wanted to work with him), he made a point of honour to always keep a professional relationship with whoever he worked with. So at the end, he was not easy to befriend with.  He liked to have few close friends... few friends, yet true and real ones. Then one day, Jimin came in his life…

 

‘Who are you Park Jimin?’ He sighed again when he reached his car. ‘Why did I end up tell him that?... ‘I will be pissed’.

Yoongi scratched his head, if he thought at the beginning that he would be annoyed if the young man loved him because it could ruin what they had, he actually ended up to be more annoyed by the simple fact Jimin was actually not in love with him. He was pissed, that’s true, but he was pissed Jimin did not say ‘yes, I do love you’.

 

 

“What the ing ?” Yoongi cursed when he realized what truly bothered him. “I do NOT care” he yelled at himself driving to his studio.

 

On the road though, he could not help but think again about Jimin.

 

Yoongi could not explain his own actions neither control how deep he was analyzing his relationship with the idol… ‘Relationship?’ he questioned. ‘What’s our relationship?’.

 

 

*** Flashback ***

 

“I can’t Jiminie… I told Namjoon and Hoseok that I will spend the day with them…”

 

“Oh.. So I won’t see you today?” stated shyly Jimin on the phone

 

“Guess it’s your fault for taking up all of my time… now they pray for my presence” Yoongi teased

 

Jimin forced a timid laugh. Yoongi was right after all. Anytime Yoongi had a free time, the idol would jump on the opportunity to see the elder.

“Sorry to monopolize you, I’ll try to…” He shyly answered

 

“Are you kidding?” asked Yoongi, a bit guilty for how his joke made the younger felt. “You don’t monopolize me Jiminie…” He continued with a serious tone “Look! I’ll be the one hogging you! Come over and hang out with the three of us.”

 

“Really?” the other answered with a mix of surprise and excitement in his voice.

 

“Yes really!” Yoongi smiled because of Jimin’s cute reaction. “You can come with Jungkook too, we will play poker. What you think?”

 

“YES!!!… I mean yes.”

 

Yoongi laughed, Jimin was way too enthusiast he thought… oddly, that’s made him happy.

 

***

 

Yoongi shook his head as he arrived to his studio. Today was an important day, he had a presentation with a Japanese company and could not be unfocused. ‘Sure Jimin now thinks I am a weirdo. Why did I ask him this: do you love me? Pfff…’ he wondered again.

 

“You here!” greeted Jin “Are you alright? You look… weird”

 

“I am not a weirdo” riposted Yoongi.

 

“O..kay!” replied Jin confused. “Well, are you ready for the meeting?”

 

Yoongi nodded without making eye contact with the manager, afraid to look even weirder as he probably did.

 

“Good! Do you have the USB key?” continued Jin.

 

Yoongi checked out his left pocket, then the right… he checked again and his eyes grew bigger. “!” he said before running to his car, letting Jin called him names.

 

Joined shortly after by Hoseok and Jin, they hunted for the USB stick inside the car while Yoongi tried to remember as best as he could if he really left the studio with it.

 

“How can you lose this?… Today!” raged Jin.

 

“What are we supposed to do now?” panicked Hoseok

 

“I know what is inside the key! Try to small talk with them, so I have time to do another copy”

 

“It will take two hours to download all the songs!” fumed Jin

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter