Why Is It So Hard?

Your Fantasy Is My Reality

Maddie P.O.V.

 

I woke up at 6:30am and got ready for my first day of classes. No one in my dorm had woken up by the time I was getting my new uniform on. It was a dull grey skirt with a black sweater and a white shirt with a blue tie. The socks were grey too and the uniform obviously wasn't designed to attract boys. It looked awful and I hated it. The only good thing was that they let you wear your skirt above your knee. "y uniform huh?" Eunmi woke up, looking very tired. "I'll be ready in a few minutes. Could you get the rest up?" I nodded and started wake up the rest of them. Within 30 minutes all of us were ready for classes.


"I just remembered how much I hate these uniforms." Yujin wined.


"Lets go or we'll be late." We all followed behind Min Young. We went to our first class. Defense Against Dark Magic. What a gloomy name for a gloomy class. I sat down with the girls and noticed that L.Joe was sitting at the back with Niel. He had his bangs in his eyes, again.*Aish, this boy.* I thought and the teacher walked in.


"Welcome back class. I see you're all ready for a new year. And I see Mr. Lee still hasn't gotten rid of his hidious hair colour." Everyone quietly laughed but one glare from L.Joe and they stopped. "Okay, so today we will be doing some defensive spells. You all know what to do so lets begin. You'll all be put into partners and work together." The teacher partnered us all up and I was with L.Joe. I have no idea what I'm doing so he'll be able to teach me magic after all!

 

L.Joe P.O.V.

 

I can't believe I got partnered with her. Last night she asked me to teach her magic. Why would she be here if she didn't know magic? How stupid. "Well now that we're paired together will you teach me or not?" I just looked at her. "Um, L.Joe I have no idea what I'm doing and you've been here longer than me so can you tell me what we're doing?"


"You talk too much. Just shut up and watch me." I put my hand out and concentrated on the dummy that we had been given that was charmed with dark magic. The dummy put its hand out and there was a stun spell coming toward me. "Block." I mumbled and the barrier that I put up blocked it.


"How did you do that?" She asked in excitment. "Show me." Again, I just looked at her.


"Figure it out yourself. I told you to watch me and you're still asking questions." She sighed and stodd where I was. She took the same stance and put her hand out. So far she was doing good for someone who obviously didn't know anything about magic. The the spell came to her and she just stodd there with her hand out and it hit her and she fell backwards and hti the wall. "You really ." I laughed a little and shook my head.


"Shut up." She stood up and rubbed her back. "I did everythig you did. Why didn't it come out the same as what you did?" She wined.


"Because you ." I put my hands in my pockets.


"Please help me. I want to know how to do this and you aren't helping me. Please L.Joe." She pleaded.


"Fine. But this is the only time. Then you're on your own." She beamed. "So you stand liek you were then you concentrate. Hard. Then when it comes towards you, you say 'Block'. And it should block the spell." She nodded and did the same. The spell came and I heard her say block but it didn't work. This time she flew back and hit the wall hard. "Man, you really do ." I laughed.


"I'm sick of this already." She groaned. "But I'll keep trying." She got up again and did it again. She tried about 20 times and every time, she flew back and hit the wall. Each time she did it she hit the wall harder. just before class ended she tried again and I swear I could see tears in her eyes. I didn't know if it was because of the pain or because she couldn't do it. "I can't do it." She whispered. "How long did it take for you to get it?" She asked.


"I got it first try." I said blankly.


"Great. I'm such a y witch. I should just go back to the normal world and be a freak. It's better than not being able to do this." I heard her mumble.


"This is the normal world." I said and began to walk out of the class. "Just practise." She pouted and I left the room to my next class. *Man she really does .* I thought and walked into my next class.

 

Maddie P.O.V.

 

I don't know why I can't get it. I tried so many times and it didn't work. L.Joe didn't really help so he might've been telling me the wrong way to do it. "Miss Park come here." I turned around to see my teacher.


"Yes Mr. Kim." I walked over to his desk.


"Do you know why you couldn't block the stun spell? It's one of the most simple spells to block. Maybe you aren't a witch after all." He mocked.


"I think I just need some practise sir." I stated, wiping the sweat from my forehead.


"No, I think you need to get out of this school if you can't even do a simple thing like a blocking spell. What kind of witch can't even block a spell." He glared at me.


"I'm just new to all this and I think-"


"Get out of my class and don't come back until ou can do a blocking spell." He sat back in his chair and his next class entered the room. My chest tightened. What kind of witch can't even block a spell? Maybe you aren't a witch after all. Maybe he was right. Maybe I'm not a witch. Maybe I shouldn't be here. I can't even block a simple spell. I wiped the tears b around my eyes and walked into my next class. As I went in I saw L.Joe smirking at me. I glared at him and took my seat with Min Young.


"Hey, you okay?" She asked.


"Yeah, fine." I sniffed and the next class started. When it finished I walked to the outside garden. "Why is it so hard?" I wondered outloud.


"Because you ." I looked back and saw L.Joe leaning on the wall. Of course he would say that.


"Thanks." I turned back around and looked at the blossom tree's. It made me a little happier seeing them. They were so pretty and I loved them. I just wish I could do a simple blocking spell.

 

L.Joe P.O.V.

 

I watched her looked at the blossom tree's. She seemed more angelic when she was around plants. Maybe I should stay away from her when she's with plants. Then the blossom's on the tree started to come off the tree and dance around in the wind. But it wasn't nature, it was.... her. She made them do it. I walked closer to her and watched her smile and wave her finger around a little. Then the blossom's made a heart. *So she does had magic.* I thought and my lips curled up into a small smile. "They're pretty aren't they?" She said and looked at me, the blossom's still dancing around.


"You can do magic huh?" I raised an eyebrow.


"What?" She questioned and looked at the blossom's "Oh that. That happens all the time. I just looked at them and they dance." She smiled and clicked her fingers and the blossoms flew out of the school into the valley.


"You're really something you know." I smirked. "Did Mr. Kim tell you to get out of his class until you can block a spell?"


"Yeah. But I'll get it. Some day." She sighed.


"Steal the dummy from the classroom and practise and make sure it's back in there before he gets back." I said and she smled.


"You're actually helping me?" She asked.


"No, I'm just suggesting something to you so you won't fail and get kicked out." I stood up and put my hands in my pockets. "Oh, and don't get killed." I warned.


"Why would I get killed?" She gave me a confused look.


"Just don't get killed." I winked and walked away. There goes my heart again. When she made those blossom's dance I swear I could've hugged her and twirled her around but I can't. I can't feel that way about her, what if she leaves me? I can't let that happen to me again. I won't let it happen.

 

-------------

3rd chapter done! I hoep you guys didn't think it was too boring. 

Please leave a comment and tell em what you think! Please just tell me the truth. I don't like liers. So if you hate it tell me and if you like it tell me. I feel like no one likes it because i've only got 2 subscribers.... Oh well.

Thank you for reading, if you are. :)