FIVE

The Beauty and The Beast

CHAPTER FIVE

 

What the hell are you doing, Oh Sehun?! Haneul rubs her lips with the back of her hand and glowers. Sehun eyes widened. Its been a long time since she called my full name. He reaches out for Haneul but she distance herself from him and quickly go into the bus that has just arrived. What has got into me? He froze as he looks at the pavement.

Haneul is utterly shock because this is not what she expects to be. Kissing her in the middle of the rain. Haneul takes out her phone and texts her mom, telling her that shell be home by bus. After the text, she finally calms down. I shouldnt let the feelings come back. She closed her eyes and try to forget what just happened. Its not true. He just want to play with your feeling. She tries to reassure herself that theres nothing going to happen.

She arrives at her house and saw theres a sticky note at the door.

I wont be home for a few days. I hope you can take care of yourself. If you feel lonely, call Yuna to stay with you and theres some money I left on the table. I love you.

- Mom

 

Great. She thought. After the incident, and now her mom is not home. She enters the house and take a look at her fridge if theres something that she can eat for few days. Well, theres something she can eat for tonight but it seems like she needs to do some groceries. She went up and slammed herself on the bed. She grabs her phone and dialled for Yuna.

Luckily for her, Yuna can come and accompany her for couple of days. She sighs as wonders about earlier. She unlocked the phone again and open the gallery, looking at Sehuns pictures. What is he up to?

 

Sehun holds the remote control and his eyes are glued to the TV screen but his mind is somewhere else. Somehow his other hand touch his lips and he didnt know what encouraged him to do so. His heart beats once again when Haneuls face appears. He knows he shouldnt fall for the girl again but his heart is too weak and that makes him frustrated. He walks to his room and sit at his study table, open the locker. It makes him reminisce the past when he saw all those letters. He smiles bitterly at the letters that he used to send. I wish I could turn back the time.

 

Yuna came the next morning in front of Haneuls house. She knocked the door a few times and is greet with Haneuls messy hair. She guffaws at Haneul who looks like she got strike by a thunder. She enters the house but then realise Haneuls face is not all smiley. Usually, when Yuna , Haneul will join in but her face clearly seems like shes not in that mood. Hey, whats wrong? Haneul leaves the girl alone and take a quick shower before make something to eat.

10 minutes later, Haneul makes some food and drink for Yuna and her to eat. You need to accompany me to the grocery.

O...kay. But whats wrong with your face? Tell me something I dont know. Haneul sighs heavily and place the fork down. If I tell you, dont freak out or what. I dont want to hear anything. Yuna nods as she understands that Haneul really has a problem.

He kissed me. She said monotonously and Yuna stops eating. Who?

That that Oh boy. Yuna widened her eyes and nearly choked. She shook vigorously and keeps saying no way but Haneul confirms again.

Why suddenly? Haneul shrugs and is too lazy to find out why. All she cares, that Oh Sehun will stop pestering her. She continues to eat her food but the next words came from Yuna makes Haneul froze.

Isnt that what you want, right?

Haneul shakes her head and ignore the reality. Yuna has been friend with Haneul for a really long time and knew Haneul inside out. Theres no way Haneul will shrugs the thought.

Youve been waiting for that three years ago, right? But it happens now.

Haneul gets up and walk away from the dinner table, denying every fact that Yuna said. Shes not that kind of girl. She might be annoyed with Sehun attitude but deep down her heart, Yuna knew Haneul wants it to happen. Stop denying the truth, Haneul. Haneul stops and wait for what Yuna going to say.

You and Sehun, know what you guys want.

Stop mentioning his name.

Yuna chuckles, shaking her head knowing how much her friend will deny the truth. But she wont stop. She wants to make sure everything is clear. No more hidden feelings and mostly she dont want to make her best friend hurts by denying the truth.

 

Haneul, you have to admit you want it to happen. After all, its been three years, Haneul- ah. Three years and I think you should move on if thats what you want but I dont think thats what you want. I can tell youre happy that Sehun finally gives all the attention to you but why did you pretend as if youre not affected by all of his actions?

Haneuls eyes b in tears and she knows she shouldnt be like this. He just wants to annoy me and play with me thats why Im not affected by his actions. After all, its been three years and I know him too well that I didnt think I would know him this well.

Haneul grabs the money and put it in her pocket but stops before leaving Yuna.

 

Just stop trying to rekindle us back.

 

 

Sehun went out to take some fresh air since his parents are not home. His parents are so busy that he rarely had time to see them. Of course they are busy or else he wont be living in this fairy-tale. Sehun just walks around without knowing where to go. Hes totally immersed in his own thought until stops at a supermarket. He thought he wants to buy something and so he goes in.

After looking around, then he saw a girl who looks like she needs some help to take the cookies. So, he walks to the girl and grab it for her. He gives the cookies to the girl and smile. Thank you, sir.

Haneul? She recognised the voice and put on her mute mode. She turns and walk away from the section and search for Yuna. Wait. Lucky for Sehun, he manages to grab the girl. Haneul halts but didnt turn to face him and she swears she heard someone gasps, that must be Yuna. At first just want to let the two have their moment but she saw the look on Haneuls face. She has no other way but need to help her friend. Haneul ah. She pretends as if she didnt know what happened. Oh, Sehun? What are you doing here? She looks at his hand and Sehun quickly let it go. Haneul feels so relief that her friend is there to help her.

Oh, I was just looking for something. He rubs his nape and try to look elsewhere.

You? The almighty Oh Sehun goes to the supermarket all by himself? Yuna raised her eyebrows and try not to laugh.

What? Im a human being too. I need food to survive. He mutters. Somehow Haneul realise that this is not the Oh Sehun she used to know. Being all shy is not so Oh Sehun.

Yeah? Or are you looking for Haneul? Yuna smirks knowing both of them will have that shock look. She didnt care that her friend will kill her but all she wants is to make that both of them are in good condition.

Uh of course no. It was a coincidence, I swear.

Yeah yeah, whatever.

 

Yuna and Haneul have done with their groceries and they didnt know that Oh Sehun is actually trailing behind them. Uh how about we go to the café? Yuna and Haneul almost had their heart attack when Sehun suddenly appears behind them.

Without realising, Haneul hits his arm and scowl. Gosh, you nearly make me faint. Then, the sudden awkward engulf. Both of them stare at each other as in their surprised to see Haneuls action. Okay, enough with the staring contest. Lets go the café, Sehun treats right? Yuna pats both of their shoulder and lead their way.

 

Ugh, why did I do that?

 

 

 

 Hi, hello and annyeong!

Ch five updated and I don't even know what I'm writing.

Hope you guys enjoy and saranghae!