Stolen Moment

Living the Dream

 

Music show filmings were always so tiring. The performance itself was never the problem. Rather, the immense amount of waiting could drive someone crazy. That’s what Kyuhyun was currently experiencing as he spun mindlessly in a chair. Usually, he tried to go and chat with the other waiting rooms but everyone else seemed to be occupied. He had no idea how considering there was literally nothing to do.

Maybe they just didn’t want to talk to him?

Kyuhyun frowned to himself. That definitely wasn’t a pleasant thought. It was best not to spiral down that road. Shaking himself loose of the thoughts, he sighed and slumped over in the chair.

Suddenly, the door clicked open.

Sitting up quickly, Kyuhyun turned in the direction of the sound and then he was on his feet. “Why are you still here?” He rushed forward, throwing his arms around Ryeowook’s shoulders.

The smaller man grunted, stumbling back. “What do you mean?” he muttered, trying to peel Kyuhyun off. “I like to stay and watch the performances.”

“But why did you come to my waiting room?” Kyuhyun whined, squeezing the stylist tighter. He nuzzled his face against Ryeowook’s hair, inhaling the soft scent of soap. “What shampoo do you use? It always smells so nice compared to other people.”

Ryeowook shoved Kyuhyun off then, looking particularly displeased. “How much do you go around sniffing people?” He stepped around the man, making a beeline for the makeup table and grabbing a bottle of foundation. “I only came back because I forgot one of my products. You’re the only male idol I work with who has such light colored skin, so I figured I must have left it here.” He sighed with relief, examining the bottle for a moment. “This brand has to be specially ordered and I was so worried I lost it.”

“So you didn’t come for me?” His expression was almost comically crestfallen. Ryeowook stared for a moment before smothering a laugh with his hand. Kyuhyun just looked more hurt though.

Waving his hand apologetically, Ryeowook stepped closer, brushing a hand over the idol’s arm. “You just looked so sad. I didn’t know what to do but laugh. Did you want me to come visit you so badly?” The faintest little smirk touched his lips and Kyuhyun thought he could honestly die and go to heaven just then.

Throat going dry, Kyuhyun nodded slightly. “Yes,” he croaked.

Ryeowook only laughed harder. “You’re pretty funny sometimes. Y’know, when you’re not being creepy,” he was full on smiling then, eyes twinkling.

“So...does that mean you’ll take me up on dinner? I’ll even pay.” Kyuhyun grinned lightly, stepping back into Ryeowook’s space. He watched the smaller man back up a step and then another and another. “Y’know, everything would be less creepy if you went on just one date with me,” he teased, regaining ground quickly.

“I really don’t know about that,” Ryeowook replied wryly. His back thumped against the closed door and his heart skipped a beat as he tilted his head back to meet Kyuhyun’s gaze.

The idol smiled, resting a hand on the door as he leaned closer. “Well, we won’t know if we don’t try,” Kyuhyun mused, brushing Ryeowook’s cheek with his other hand. “What do you say?”

A sharp knock at the door jolted them apart.

Ryeowook spun around, yanking the door open and effectively shoving Kyuhyun out of the way. On the other side was a staff member. “Kyuhyun, you’re on standby. You’ll be going on in three acts. We need you stage side now.”

“Well then, I’ll see you later!” Ryeowook rushed out the door then, ears red.

Kyuhyun had never hated waiting so much before.