Spring 02

(Special) Welcome to Spring Love Café [Major Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Our last date[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]The featured couple:
Seventeen Scoups as Choi Seungcheol
Seventeen Woozi as Lee Jihoon/Woozi[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Jihoonie?” Jihoon opened his closed eyes and saw his manager. The chubby guy with kind eyes stared at him worriedly. “Are you okay?”

“I’m just tired. No need to worry, hyung.” The guy looked at Jihoon for a little while before nodding, leaving his artist alone. Jihoon closed his eyes again, minds travelling away from reality.

“Why can’t you understand, Cheol? It’s a great opportunity for me and you know this is my initial dream.” Jihoon said in grunt. He’s tired from long working hours and when he expected to have a good rest in his apartment he had to face a so-called interrogation time with his lover. Jihoon noticed the man on the chair rubbing his temple.

“Jihoon, it’s two freaking years. Are you that eager to leave me?” Jihoon frowned.

“What? Cheol, that’s not-”

“Jihoon, you know I can’t leave my business at the moment. We’re facing crisis and you… you want to leave me when I’m about to losing my job.” Jihoon felt rage flaming inside him. To be honest, he wasn’t a type to follow his anger he always think before taking action but maybe his tired body and mind couldn’t help this time.

“Choi Seungcheol! Are you accusing me for planning to leave you?!”

“Aren’t you?” The sarcasm in the man’s voice snapped Jihoon. Their relationship this month hadn’t been good already. Jihoon got up from his seating on the bed and punched the man’s face. The man startled and glared at Jihoon. “Lee Jihoon!”

“You’re too much, Seungcheol.” Jihoon growled and picked up his jacket together with his wallet and phone, leaving the room and eventually walked out from the apartment.

“Jihoon. It’s time.” Jihoon opened his eyes and sighed. His manager was waiting for Jihoon to come, they’re moving to the next schedule Jihoon had today and it will be the last one. Jihoon walked out from the waiting room, followed by the manager from behind. The guy felt bad for his artist, since Jihoon became a hit with his recent album the singer was getting offer left and right. He had to work in long hours as the boss wanted to every chance to get money he could do with Jihoon’s current popularity. The manager pitied Jihoon becoming the victim but both of them couldn’t do anything. He just could take a close look on Jihoon’s health also safety.

The last schedule happened smoothly but the manager knew better that there’s something bothering his artist’s mind. He wanted to ask but Jihoon had kept avoiding his question. “Jihoon, we have arrived.” Jihoon turned to his manager at the driver’s seat before looking out. His apartment with his lover.

“Hyung… can you drive me to my old apartment?” The guy looked at Jihoon through the mirror.

“Jihoon, did you have fight with Seungcheol?” Jihoon didn’t answer. His manager exhaled. “I will drive you.” He said and made it back to the road. Jihoon thanked him slowly and let his eyes stuck on the lights outside. His manager looked back at times, sighing inside.

Jihoon’s current relationship wasn’t a secret to him and few people who were closed to Jihoon. But it’s a secret to the public and the boss; Jihoon signed a contract with the current agency not to disclose any intimate relationship to the public for at least three years. He’s currently in his second year of contract, but he already dated for three years. In mean, he was already in a relationship before debuting as a singer under that agency.

Jihoon thanked his manager when they arrived at his old apartment. He didn’t sell this apartment when he moved in with his lover a year ago because he didn’t want to raise suspicion if he cleared his apartment completely. So at times, he acted as he still lived here. For now, he just didn’t want to see that lover of his. “Jihoon.” Jihoon stopped from opening the door when his manager called him.

“Yes, hyung?”

“Are you really sure you don’t want to talk about it?” Jihoon exhaled.

“I’m fine.”

“Is it about the musical offer?” Jihoon stayed silent when his manager hit the correct button. Jihoon was offered to act in a musical; it was his first offer in musical in which was his initial dream. But it took many things to prepare for it because he was casted for an English musical, he needed to go through many classes and practices also had to stay in States for a year plus another year for performing the musical in few places of different countries. In which he will have to leave South Korea for solid two years.

“Hyung.”

The manager sighed. “Okay, okay. But you know you can find me if there’s anything okay?” Jihoon nodded and gave light smile to him. “Tomorrow is your day off. Rest well.” Jihoon nodded again and this time he stepped out from the van. The manager watched Jihoon for a while before driving away as Jihoon went into the building.

As the door unlocked after he put the passcode, Jihoon entered his house. It’s the second night of him staying here today. Jihoon placed his backpack on the couch in the living room and made his way to his room. Discarding his outer jacket, he let his body fall forward onto his bed. Jihoon sighed.

It was dead silence and Jihoon didn’t really enjoy it. Somehow he didn’t have extra energy to encounter the silence either. Without a warning, his tears fell.

Another night of tears and loneliness.

 

 

“Welcome to Spring Love Café.” The gold blonde waiter greeted the new customer. The man in his early 30s just flicked a tired smile to him. The waiter kept his smile and gestured the man to the counter. The man walked to the reddish pink guy who was behind the counter.

“Welcome, sir. Dine in or take away?” The cashier asked with a cheerful smile. The man smiled back, somehow felt a bit refreshed thanks to the smile.

“Dine in… is still okay right? As it’s almost to your closing time?” The man asked politely, his voice laced with exhaustion. The cashier smiled and nodded. “Then, I want warm mocha and a slice of chocolate cake.” The cashier took his order. The man gave his card and the payment was made. The cashier gave a receipt and number tag with the card.

“Enjoy your stay, sir.” The man smiled and walked to take a seat. The cashier proceeded to take the cake while waiting for his helper making the drink. As it’s almost closing time, the café crew reduced to three.

“I will send the order, Minghao.” The cashier said when the gold blonde waiter came to fetch the order. The waiter and the barista looked at him weirdly. It’s very rare for the cashier to leave his spot.

“What’s with him, Wonwoo hyung?” The barista shrugged and just watched the cashier walked to the man at the table with the order.

“Here is your order sir.” The man looked up. He thanked the cashier and smiled.

“No need to be too polite, you can address me normally.” The man said, somehow feeling interested to make friends with this cheerful guy. The cashier smiled.

“It’s our policy. But well, if you don’t mind, can I call you hyung?” The man nodded. “I’m not trying to be a busybody but I have seen you coming to the café lately around this time for takeouts. As today you dine in, I can’t help myself.” The man looked at the cashier. “Do you have problem, hyung? Your face didn’t look good every time you’re here. Moreover these three days.”

The man just smiled. “Is it that obvious?” The man asked while the cashier just rubbed his nape. “Facing a hard time at the moment.”

“Do you need someone to talk? I may not be able to give opinion but I’m sure I can listen.”

The man smiled. “Thank you for the offer…” The man looked over the counter. “You have time to spare?” The cashier nodded.

“We don’t accept anymore customer for today.” The cashier smiled and took a seat in front of the man when the man offered the seat. “By the way, I’m Soonyoung. Or you can call me Hoshi too.” The cashier said as he showed his name tag. The man nodded.

“I’m Choi Seungcheol.” Soonyoung nodded and gave a smile gesturing Seungcheol to continue talking. Seungcheol took a deep breath and told Soonyoung some of the things that bothered him right now. Soonyoung listened closely. Seungcheol didn’t know why and how he could easily open to someone he just knew today; even though he saw Soonyoung few times as he visited the café. Maybe the friendly vibe Soonyoung was giving or perhaps Seungcheol just needed someone to share his current misery.

“I know I’m at fault for thinking that way, I’m a loser thinking like that but I can’t help it.” Seungcheol sighed and threw his sight at the pavement outside. “I want to call him to talk but I… hesitated. Because I know I hurt him.” Seungcheol rubbed his chin. Soonyoung noticed there’s a bruise there since three days ago but it’s getting better now. “He punched me.” Seungcheol said as if he could read Soonyoung’s thought.

“You need to talk with him.” Soonyoung said after a moment of silence. “I’m sure it’s just your thought, the negative one. Well, you’re stressed about your work and human tends to get weird thoughts when they’re stressed. Talk with him, explained that you’re scared to lose him and you didn’t mean those words. Let him know that you trust him.” Soonyoung smiled when Seungcheol looked at him.

“I don’t know how to start… I…”

“You love him right?” Seungcheol nodded. “Tell him that, hyung.” Soonyoung said. Seungcheol was about to say something when his phone dinged. He glanced at the new notification and excused himself when he saw a familiar name.

“A text from him.” Seungcheol said shortly and Soonyoung nodded in understanding. Seungcheol checked the message and his face fell. Soonyoung saw that and slightly frowned.

“Hyung?” Soonyoung called him. Seungcheol couldn’t help himself, his tears fell. Soonyoung gasped. “Hyung.”

Seungcheol’s lips quivered. “He… he wants to meet.” Soonyoung waited for Seungcheol to continue. “He… asks for a date. A last date.”

Soonyoung tilted his head. Seungcheol wiped his unstoppable tears, sniffling before explaining to Soonyoung. “We… have a code. His past relationship didn’t really go well and the breakups were awful. So when we first get together, we set a code. If… we ask for a last date, it means we’re breaking up after a meet-up.” Seungcheol sniffled, his tears were still there. Currently there’s no other customer except Seungcheol and Soonyoung pretty much convinced that Minghao and Wonwoo were busy cleaning at the back to notice this crying man.

“When he asked to meet?”

“This weekend.” Seungcheol palmed his face. “I don’t want this. I love him.” Soonyoung let Seungcheol cried for some time. When he noticed Seungcheol calmed down a little bit, he called the name.

“Seungcheol hyung. Let him have that last date.” Seungcheol looked up to Soonyoung. Soonyoung smiled, giving a meaningful look.

 

 

Jihoon took a deep breath after he read the reply. Seungcheol agreed and his heart broke. Jihoon knew he was the one who said the code word first but he couldn’t help it when Seungcheol just agreed. A tear slipped his eyes and Jihoon wiped it away. Maybe he expected Seungcheol to fight for him. ‘You don’t need someone who doesn’t trust you, Jihoon.’ Jihoon said to himself and got up from his bed, slee

Please log in to read the full chapter