Part 5

Love Like No Else

“Good morning Jaejoongshi!”


Jaejoong started at the man standing infront of him. He didn’t expect to meet Siwon at the company. Didn’t he have his own company to take care of? “Good morning.” Came Jaejoong’s hesitant reply. “Siwonshi, what are you doing here?”


“Oh I just had some paperwork to take care of.” Siwon answered with a bright smile and Jaejoong nodded. “How’s work going?”


“Good.” Jaejoong gave a tiny smile. He was feeling awkward. “I-I should go now. Have a nice day Siwonshi.” He was about to walk away when Siwon grabbed his wrist. It was gentle but it shocked Jaejoong.


“I’m sorry for shocking you.” He chuckled and let go you Jaejoong’s wrist. “I forgot to tell you that our families are going to have dinner together tonight. One of my reasons to come here, is also to take you home.”


Jaejoong blinked at him a few times and then spoke, “Well I can come by myself. No need to- ”


“That’s why I’m here. I’ll take you there. Why would you take the bus Jaejoongshi?”


“Because.” Jaejoong started thinking. “I like it that way?”


“Well then today you have to go with me.”


“But-” Before Jaejoong could say anything Siwon started walking outside the door. Jaejoong followed him and spoke again. “I have work to do.”


“You don’t have to.” Siwon simply said. They both went outside and Siwon opened the car door for Jaejoong. Jaejoong looked at him with his brows furrowed. “Come on. Just for today. Hmm?” Siwon smiled sweetly and Jaejoong sighed and sat down. Siwon started driving. But after a moment Jaejoong noticed that this wasn’t the direction of his house.


“Whats going on?” Jaejoong asked looking panicked.


“Relax Jaejoongshi.” Siwon glanced at him. “I’m not going to kidnap you.” He chuckled. “I’m taking you to my house.”


“Why?” Jaejoong asked with eyes wide. His heart was beating fast.


“Everyone is there.”


.
“Thank you Siwon. I hope he didn’t give you a hard time.” Jaejoong’s mother said after Jaejoong and Siwon had entered the living room.


“Not at all.” Siwon smiled.


“Jaejoong we’re going to final the engagement date.” Jaejoong’s mother said in an excited voice and Jaejoong stood there with his eyes wide than ever.


“Have a seat sweetheart.” Siwon’s mother motioned to Jaejoong. He didn’t know what to do. He sat down on the sofa, his whole body shaking. He felt nauseated.

Suddenly his phone vibrated and he took it out. He felt a pain in his chest after he read the text by someone special.


‘You didn’t come to work. Are you sick?’


‘No I’m fine. Just had a little work to take care of at home.’ Jaejoong texted back.


“Jaejoong stop playing with your phone and listen.” Jaejoong’s mother’s voice came. Jaejoong put his phone down and looked towards her. “We were talking about this before you came. So, how about we set the engagement ceremony after two weeks?”


“Two weeks!”
“Yes, two weeks.” Jaejoong’s mother said as a matter of factly.


“But umma, that’s.. that’s too soon. I-I..” He couldn’t speak. It was hard to breathe. The phone in his hand buzzed and he looked down to a message from Yoochun.


‘Yo! Why aren’t you here? Mr. Grumpy face over here asked me if you were okay.’  Yoochun was talking about Yunho. He was grumpy because Jaejoong didn’t come to work? Jaejoong smiled a bit.


“Jae dear?” Jaejoong looked up to his soon to be mother in law. “I know you think this is pretty early but we don’t have any reason to delay it.”


Jaejoong nodded weakly and without looking at his phone wrote ‘save me’ and send it to Yoochun. Instantly Jaejoong’s phone started ringing and he picked it up.

“Hello?”


“OMG! Jae are you alright? Where are you? I knew something would’ve happened. You can’t just skip work after such a good time with Jung.” Yoochun shouted.


“I’m not at home right now.” Jaejoong answered calmly. His mother was eyeing him strangely.


“Oh damned it! Did someone kidnap you? Are you trapped?”


“I can’t talk right now. I’m in the middle of a discussion with my mother and my future in laws.” Jaejoong bit his lower lip, praying that Yoochun would get a clue.


Yoochun frowned then it suddenly hit him. “You want me to help you escape?”


“Yes.”


“How about I lie that our old friend Hyunjoong got into an accident and is in the hospital right now.” Yoochun said after a pause.


“What? Is he alright?” Jaejoong played along. Everyone stared at him. “Oh my God… What happened?” Jaejoong was doing a pretty good job ‘cause everyone were

looking at him with shocked expressions. “At the hospital? Alright… Ok. I’ll be there.” He hung up and looked towards the people waiting for his explanation. “My friend Hyunjoong got into an accident. He’s in the hospital severely injured. I have to go.” He got up.


“Wait Jaejoongshi. I’ll take you there.” Siwon got up and Jaejoong quickly shook his head.


“Its alright Siwonshi. I can-”


“Its an emergency. I’ll take you there. You’re reach faster this way.” Siwon said and picked up his keys and went towards the front door. Jaejoong bowed towards the two ladies and rushed after Siwon. Siwon drove him to Seoul National Hospital in about fifteen minutes. Jaejoong felt sorry for lying but that was the only way he could get out of that situation. Engagement after two weeks? Are they insane? He sulked in the passenger’s seat. Why doesn’t anyone ask what he wants?


“Jaejoongshi we’re here.” Jaejoong snapped out of his thoughts when Siwon spoke.


“Ah… Thank you.” He opened the door and was about to step put when Siwon spoke again.


“Do you want me to come with you? Or pick you up after?”


Jaejoong blinked a few times looking towards Siwon. He felt guilty. Siwon was so caring. He deserved someone better than Jaejoong.


“Its alright Siwonshi. I’ll let Yoochun pick me up. No need to burden yourself.” Jaejoong smiled sweetly. “Thank you.” He got out of the car before Siwon was about to speak.
.


In the hospital Jaejoong just wandered for a few moments and then called Yoochun to pick him up.


“You seriously got to the hospital.” Yoochun laughed when Jaejoong sat down in his passenger’s seat.


“I’m a good actor.” Jaejoong shrugged. “Where are we going though? I can’t go back to the company.”


“We’re going to Junsu’s house.” Yoochun answered after turning on the engine. “You see, he caught a cold after yesterday.”


“Oh… How bad is it?”


“Not so good.” Yoochun scrunched his nose. “He was coughing and sneezing badly.”


“I’ll make him some chicken shoup.” Jaejoong nodded himself.

 

......
.