Part 4

Love Like No Else

Yunho closed the door with a loud thud. Junsu came running and looked at him with a confused expression. “Yunho? I thought you were coming late.” Yunho just shrugged and went into the kitchen to get himself a cup of juice. “Yunho? Is everything alright? You look... sad?”


“Sad? Me? Why would I?”


“It looks like you just got rejected for a date.” Junsu chuckled. Yunho frowned towards him and went into his room. “Hey! Yun! Wait. Whats the matter?”Come on tell me.”
.


“Jaejoong! Hurry up. Everyone’s waiting.” Jaejoong’s mother shook Jaejoong’s shoulder. He was sitting on his bed with a blank expression since he got home. He got up and went towards the door. “Aren’t you going to change your clothes?”


“You told me to get back home. I did.” He replied and opened the door.


“Jaejoong!”


“Umma! I had enough! Just... Let me breath!” Tears started trailing down his eyes. He didn’t know when he started crying. His mother was shocked to see him like this.


“Jaejoong. Joongie I’m sorry baby. I’m sorry.” She hugged her son who was sobbing hard. She caressed his head. “Is everything alright? Did something happen at work?” But Jaejoong didn’t reply. “Whats wrong? Tell Umma sweetie. I’ll make it right.”


“I-I.. I don’t want this...” Jaejoong said between his sobs. “I...I don’t want to get married.”


“Joongie... Please don’t say that. Didn’t I say to give Siwon a chance? He’s a great guy. He’s handsome, he’s kind and he has taste in art too! He knows some really good artists. He told me that he’ll take you to one of their exhibitions.” But Jaejoong’s sobbing didn’t subside but he began to sob harder.


Then the door opened and Changmin came inside, “Whats taking you- Oh... Is everything alright?”


Jaejoong’s mother nodded and spoke, “Tell them Jaejoong isn’t feeling well. He’s asleep.”


“Or maybe you should go and tell them. I’ll take care of him.” Changmin said and went towards Jaejoong. “Hyung... Hey, its alright.” He hugged Jaejoong and patted his back. After Jaejoong’s mother had went away Changmin spoke, “What’s wrong hyung?”


“Changminah! I-I can’t do this anymore.” Jaejoong hiccupped. Changmin helped Jaejoong walk towards the bed and they both sat down. He urged Jaejoong to continue. “I can’t continue this marriage. It hurts so much.”


“Care to tell me the reason?”


“Promise me you won’t tell Umma or Appa.”


“Have I ever leaked any information before?” Changmin narrowed his eyes and Jaejoong smiled. He might have fought alot but they were like brothers always sharing each other’s happiness and sorrows.


“I fell in love Min.” Jaejoong’s eyes began to water again when he remembered Yunho’s face. “I love him so much.” More tears fell down his cheeks. “This is so confusing. I can’t take it anymore.” After that Jaejoong poured his heart out to Changmin and told him everything.


.


“Oh...” Junsu blinked a few times after listening to what Yunho had said. “And you-”


“For God’s sake I’m telling you again. I’m not upset over it!” Yunho said in an annoyed voice.


“I wasn’t going to say it.” Junsu said in a calm voice. “You’re acting strange Yunho.”


“I...” Yunho sighed. “I think I’m tired. Yeah maybe that. I should just... go to sleep.”


“Yeah you do that.” Junsu turned the lights off and went outside of Yunho’s room. He picked up his phone and dialed Yoochun’s number. “Chunnie... I think we need to do something.”


.


“Jaejoong’s asleep auntie. He wasn’t feeling well.” Changmin told Mrs. Kim.


“Did he tell you why was he so upset?”


“He was going to go out with his friends for dinner and he had to cancel the plans because you told him to come here.”


“He can go with them some other day. Right now meeting up with the Chois is more important.”


“But auntie hyung would be more busy after the marriage stuff. You should let him have some fun.” Changmin felt sorry for Jaejoong. He knew there was very little chance for his uncle and aunt to postpone the wedding and let Jaejoong decide on his own. But he still wanted to help maybe. Just maybe things would turn out right.


“I know Min. I know. I feel terrible for burdening him so much. But he’s already at that age where he has to take responsibility. He has to take over the company. He needs to get serious about this. Its no joke.”


Changmin only nodded.
.


Jaejoong turned in his bed, buried under the covers. He couldn’t sleep. But his head a feeling heavy. All sorts of things were going through his mind. He refused to meet anyone. His mother had come and tried to talk to him but he didn’t respond. His father had called too but he pretended to be asleep. Even Jiji was rejected when he wanted Jaejoong’s attention. Everyone was worried. Then there was a knock on Jaejoong’s door.


“Go away!” Jaejoong’s voice came muffled under the covers.


“Jaejoonghsi? Its me Siwon. Can I talk to you for a moment?”


Jaejoong didn’t know what to say. Siwon wasn’t at fault. He wasn’t to blame its what their parents had done. “Come in...” Jaejoong said in a low voice and sat up. Siwon came inside and closed the door behind him and passed Jaejoong a bright smile and Jaejoong responded with a weak smile.


“Are you feeling better?” Siwon asked as he walked towards Jaejoong. He sat down in the edge of the bed.


“Yeah... Kinda.”


“You’re mother told me that you weren’t feeling well. You should take care of yourself.” Siwon said and Jaejoong just nodded weakly. “I told them that we should wait till you join us but they made the decision so I came here to ask you if its alright for them to set things this early.”


Jaejoong looked at Siwon with a frown. “What decision?”


“Mrs.Kim didn’t tell you?”


“She told me that you and your family were coming but... She didn’t say anything else.”


“Oh then maybe she didn’t come to you after we had dinner.” Siwon shifted a little to change his sitting position. “Actually Jaejoongshi, this meeting was held so our families would decide our engagement date.” Jaejoong’s eyes grew wide at Siwon’s words. “So, they decided it to be this month.”


“What?” Jaejoong was in pure shock.


“I told them that they were rushing it but your parents said you didn’t have any problem with it and since its alright with me too so they made their decision final.”


Jaejoong didn’t know what to say. He looked like a fish out of water, opening and closing his mouth, trying to utter a single word but he couldn’t. He felt so helpless. It was like he was just a thing, to be tossed here and tossed there. No one was interested in his own opinion. No one even wanted to listen to him. He wanted to cry again.


“Jaejoongshi?” Siwon looked toward Jaejoong a little concerned.


“My head feels heavy Siwonshi. I think I need to rest.” Jaejoong managed to say.


“Alright then. I hope you get well soon. I’ll come visit tomorrow.” Siwon got up and smiled towards Jaejoong. Jaejoong answered with a weak smile. “And Jaejoongshi let me know if you feel burdened. I’m here to share it with you.”


“Huh?”


“I mean if you feel like everything is too soon. Then let me know. I can wait. I can convince our parents to wait.” Siwon said with a reassuring smile.


“Siwonshi.. Are you happy with all this? All these things our parents have decided. Are you willing to do as they say?”


“I have to Jaejoongshi.” Siwon replied with a serious voice. “Its our fate. We’re the heirs to South Korea’s biggest companies. We have to do our duties.” Then to Jaejoong’s surprise he took a hold of his hand. “And I like you, Jaejoongshi. I want to give this marriage a chance.” Jaejoong was lost at words. He didn’t know what to say but then Siwon got up and spoke, “I hope you’ll do that same Jaejoongshi. Goodbye now. Take care of yourself.” And then he went out leaving Jaejoong dumbfounded.
.


“Bravo! Bravo! Mr.Jung.” Yoochun clapped his hands after Yunho had finished dancing. He was standing in the door watching Yunho’s practice.


“Thanks.” Yunho said and picked up the towel and wiped his sweat coated forehead.


“Are you free after 4?”


“Why do you ask?”


“Well, me and Junsu were planning to hangout tonight. So, we thought why not take you along. You gotta chill sometime.”


“No thank you very much! I don’t want to be the third wheel on your date.” Yunho said in a disgusted voice.


“Its not a date. Its just us enjoying our time together.” Yoochun walked towards Yunho sat on the chair next to his.


“I don’t trust you two.” Yunho narrowed his eyes.


“Oh come on Yun!” Yoochun slapped Yunho’s shoulder lightly. “We’re not the only ones going.”


“Then who’s going with us?” Yunho raised an eyebrow.


“Thats a secret.”


“If you’re going to take me on a blind date then forget about it!” Yunho was about to get up when Yoochun grabbed his arm.


“I promise you won’t regret it.” Yoochun pleaded. “Just come on.”
.


“Jaejoong!” Junsu pulled the blanket off of Jaejoong but Jaejoong pulled it back.


“I said no!”


“You have to get out of here! You can’t stay here forever!”


“I can! Just watch me.”And with that Jaejoong buried himself inside the sheets again.


Junsu sighed and spoke. “Please...”


“Junsu... I’m sorry but you know how I’m feeling right now. Can’t you just plan it for some other day?”


“But I can’t. Me and Yoochun only got tomorrow free. God knows when we’ll be able to get another day free. Thats why I’m telling you we both thought that the three of us should spend some time together.”


Jaejoong sighed and sat up. “But you two are gonna be all mushy and bla bla. Its gonna make me even more sad.” He pouted.


“No we won’t.” Junsu smiled. “Its just gonna be like the old times.”


“Like that one time when we went to the amusement park and you guys left me alone in that haunted house? No thank you very much!”


“No! No Jae. We’re not going to an amusement park. Just come with us. I promise you won’t regret it.”
.


“I’m glad you got him out of his room Junsuyah.” Jaejoong’s mother patted Junsu’s shoulder. “Is it alright now Joongie? You get to hang out with your friends now. I’m sorry I made you cancel your plans the other day.”


Jaejoong just nodded. He still has to talk to his mother about that engagement thing.


“Alright then auntie. See you later!”Junsu waved and went outside with Jaejoong behind him. They both sat in the car and Junsu drove away towards their destination.

“Why are you wearing such a thin jacket? Its gonna get colder in the evening.”


“I don’t care. I want to get sick.” Jaejoong said grumpily.


“As you wish.” Junsu chuckled and continued driving.
.


“Ice skating?” Yunho frowned when he saw the place before him. “I knew you two were planing on a date! Why did you drag me along?”


“Calm down tiger. You’ll see. Lets get inside.” Yoochun took Yunho to the near cafe. Yunho saw Junsu sitting there and there was someone else too. She wasn’t a girl so Yunho was a little relieved that this wasn’t any stupid blind date. But who was this person? Yunho felt something oddly familiar. Yoochun went ahead and hugged Junsu and the person sitting next to him. Then Yunho got to the table and his eyes got wide.


“Jaejoongshi?”


Jaejoong looked up and his expression matched Yunho’s and quickly stood up. “Yunhoshi?”


“Great! You two know each other. Now lets order something.” Yoochun rubbed his hands together and sat down. Yunho and Jaejoong sat down too. There was an awkward silence.


“What do you want to order Jaejoong?” Yoochun asked.


“Umm... I kinda feel like having hot chocolate.”


“And you Yunho?” Junsu asked his cousin.


“Coffee.”


“You drink too much coffee.” Junsu frowned. “Its gonna make you sick one day.


“Coffee.” Yunho narrowed his eyes towards Junsu and Junsu gapsed.


“No!”


“Yes.”


“I said no!”


“I said yes!”


“Woah! Woah. Woah... Look. How about me and Junsu go get the orders.” Yoochun quickly said. He went towards Junsu. “Calm down baby. Lets get something for you to eat.”


“Jung Yunho! I’m telling you no more coffee for you!” Junsu warned Yunho while he was being dragged away by Yoochun.


Jaejoong was watching the whole scene with wide eyes. “No coffee heh? Lets see about that.” Yunho mumbled and took out his phone. “Hello, yeah Donghae. I need you to get me three boxes of coffee... Yeah the usual one. I’ll get it from you tomorrow. Sure. Thanks.” After hanging up Yunho looked at Jaejoong who looked like a curious kitten.


“Junsu hates coffee while I love it. He doesn’t want it in this kitchen. We had a huge argument on it a few days ago and then Junsu threw all the boxes outside even though they were bought with his money.”


“And you’re buying more?” Jaejoong asked trying to control his laughter.


“Ofcourse.” Yunho said proudly. “I love pissing him off. Then he’d shout at me his squeaking voice.” Yunho chuckled and Jaejoong laughed. Things were back to normal again. Jaejoong suddenly felt so happy. Yunho was here laughing with him. He forgot why he was so upset a few hours ago. Yunho looked at Jaejoong and he couldn’t deny it the other guy was attractive. He felt that strange feeling in his heart again. This time he wasn’t bothered by it. Infact it felt good and warm. When Jaejoong stopped laughing he simply smiled towards Yunho and Yunho smiled too.


“We’re back.” Yoochun said and he had the orders in his hands. He gave Jaejoong his cup of hot chocolate and Yunho his cup of coffee. Junsu had bought soup for himself while Yoochun was having tea.


“Yoochun how did you manage to get my coffee?” Yunho looked at his cousin’s boyfriend with curious eyes.


“I have a few tricks of my own.” Yoochun laughed and Junsu blushed a bit.


“Eww! Don’t tell me!” Yunho shook his head and focused on his coffee.


“This is great! Thank you.” Jaejoong said and drank more of the hot chocolate.


Yoochun’s phone started to ring and he picked it up. “Hello?” He put his hand on it and spoke, “I’ll be right back. Its from work.” He got up and resumed his talk on the phone.


“I thought it was his day off.” Jaejoong said.


“Day off means you don’t have to go to the company.” Junsu simply replied while finishing off his soup.


“Ohh if it isn’t Jaejoong and Junsu!”


The three of them looked up and saw a man standing infront of them.


“Oh... Daehan.” Junsu said with surprise written on his face. Yunho looked up towards  the guy. He was tall, a little shorter than Yunho, with nice features, light brown hair and a lot of ear piercings and why was he wearing a suit? But something about this guy wasn’t right, the way he was looking at Jaejoong. Yunho looked towards Jaejoong and Jaejoong wasn’t making any eye contact.


That Daehan guy sat down without permission and looked towards Yunho and he said to Junsu, “Aren’t you going to introduce me?”


“Yunho this is Daehan. He used to study with us in college. And Daehan this is my cousin Yunho.” Junsu spoke but he seemed a little annoyed.


“Nice to meet you Yunhoshi.” Daehan smirked and Yunho just nodded. Daehan then looked towards Jaejoong. “Jae! Why are you so quite?”


“He isn’t feeling well.” Junsu blurted out.


“Oh that’s sad. But you look as beautiful as ever.” He smirked again.


Yunho was annoyed too this time. That guy was annoying and he was flirting with Jaejoong now. Ok… why did Yunho care if he was flirting with Jaejoong? But it was making Jaejoong uneasy though. Look how Jaejoong was sitting like a scared puppy. Who the hell is this guy? Yunho suddenly felt anger boil up in him.


“Hey come on. Atleast look at me. I’m not gonna eat ya. I don’t mind though.” He smirked again. Yunho clenched his jaw and Junsu looked at him with a confused expression. “Oh there is come chocolate on your face.” He leaned forward to wipe that little chocolate from the corner of Jaejoong’s mouth. Jaejoong closed his eyes shut but he didn’t feel anything. He opened his eyes and what he saw infront of him amazed him to no end. Yunho was standing and holding Daehan’s wrist and Daehan had a pained expression. Yunho’s hold was definitely strong. Junsu was standing too.


“Don’t touch him.” Yunho said and let go of Daehan’s wrist and he quick starting rubbing it.


“What the? I was only gonna wipe some chocolate.


“He’s uncomfortable by this. Can’t you see it?” Yunho said, his voice was a little raised and it sent shivers down Jaejoong’s spine. Yunho was looking too hot.


“Who are you? His boyfriend?”


“That is none of your business now leave before I change my mind and break that little wrist of yours.” Daehan looked at Yunho with a terrified expression and ran away. Yunho sighed and sat down and looked at Jaejoong. “Who was he?”


Jaejoong was just looking at Yunho with wide eyes but then Junsu spoke. “He was after Jaejoong his whole college life. He even tried to forcefully touch him and stuff. But good thing Yoochun caught him and punched him in the jaw.”


Yunho looked at Jaejoong with wide eyes and Jaejoong was flushed and looking downwards. He looked at Junsu and spoke in anger,“That bastard. I should’ve broken his wrist.”


“Its alright Yunhoshi.” Yunho looked to look at Jaejoong. “Its all over now.” Jaejoong gave a sweet smile and Yunho’s heart skipped a beat.


“I’m back!” Yoochun came and sat down. “Whats wrong? Why are you all looking like you’ve seen a ghost?”


“I’ll tell you later Chunnie.” Junsu got up. “Lets go ice skating shall we.” He grinned.
.


“You guys know I couldn’t ice skate then why did you bring me here?” Jaejoong said as he shivered a bit.


“And that exactly why we brought you here. So you can learn.” Yoochun said and Jaejoong’s frown turned deeper. “Hey come on! I don’t know how to ice skate either and I’m gonna learn it from him.” He pointed towards Junsu who was busy putting on his ice skates.


“Then how am I gonna do it?” Jaejoong pouted. Yoochun smirked and pointed towards Yunho. “W-what? Is this one of your plans? Than that’s lame! No way I’m going to ask him to teach me.”


“Then I will.” Yoochun turned around and went towards Yunho.


“OMG! Omg omg omg omg.” Jaejoong ran towards Junsu and shook him. “Junsu I can’t do this!”


“Its alright Jaejoong. Yunho is a pro at these things. You’ll be able to ice skate in no time.”


“I’m not talk about ice skating! I-”


“Jaejoong! Yunho says he’ll teach you. Now go! And leave us alone.” Yoohun smirked.


“You’ll pay.” Jaejoong narrowed his eyes and walked towards where Yunho was sitting and putting on his shoes.


“Yoochun told me you couldn’t ice skate. He asked me to teach you.” Yunho said looking up at Jaejoong. And Jaejoong just nodded. “And why are you wearing such a thin jacket? You’ll catch a cold.”


“I-I… umm…” Jaejoong didn’t know what to say. He was asked his question out of the blue.


“Lets get you a jacket first. You can’t skate like that.” Yunho got up and walked on the ice with such ease like he was walking on land. Jaejoong was mesmerized yet again. They entered a store. There were a lot of jackets, scarves and warm clothes there. After looking around a little Yunho stopped to look at a jacket. It was fluffy and light brown in color. Yunho told Jaejoong to wear it and Jaejoong did so. “It looks good on you.” He smiled and Jaejoong’s cheeks turned red. “Excuse me! How much is this?”


“That would be ₩125,000.” The old lady said.
Yunho took out his wallet and took out the money. But then Jaejoong spoke, “I-I’ll pay for it.” Yunho just gave the money to the old lady and walked outside the store. “Yunhoshi! Wait!” Jaejoong ran after him. “Please, I-“


“Its alright. Consider it as a gift.” Jaejoong smiled and pulled the Jacket’s hat over Jaejoong’s head. “now come on.” He went away and Jaejoong stood there blinking.  After reaching back Jaejoong put on his skates and waited for Yunho to tell him was to do next.


“Now stand up. Slowly.” Yunho said in a gentle voice and offered his hand to Jaejoong. Everything went blank for a second. Jaejoong could only think about Yunho’s warm hand holding his cold one. “See, you’re doing it right.” Jaejoong looked down towards his feet and he was walking. His hand still in Yunho’s in case he slipped. “Its easy isn’t it?” Jaejoong looked up and felt warm because of Yunho’s smile. “Come on.” And Jaejoong felt himself being pulled away just like his heart had flown away somewhere or to someone else.


“Thank you Yunhoshi.” Jaejoong looked up into Yunho’s eyes.


“For what?” Yunho frowned.


“For everything.”  Jaejoong smiled and looked down. When he didn’t hear any answer he looked up and saw Yunho staring back at him. Yunho raised his hand and caressed the corner of Jaejoong’s mouth. Jaejoong’s eyes widened.


“Chocolate.”


“Huh?” They were standing really near.


“The chocolate from before.” Yunho spoke again. There was a moment of silence between those two, merely staring into each others eyes and feeling lost.


“Yah! Park Yoochun!” Both Yunho and Jaejoong were startled and looked in the direction of Junsu’s voice. The scene was funny. Yoochun laying down on his back, hugging Junsu’s leg.


“I told you I can’t skate. Lets just sit somewhere warm.”


“No way I’m going to just leave. I came here to ice skate and- hey!” Yoochun pulled Junsu down and hugged him.


“These two.” Jaejoong chuckled. “Come on lets go help Su.”
.


“I’ll go inside incase your mom’s mad at you for coming late.” Junsu said standing infront of Jaejoong’s house.


“I’m not a kid. She wont be mad.” Jaejoong puffed his cheeks. “I’ll be going then.” He hugged Junsu. “Thanks Su. Today was amazing.”


“I know.” Junsu chuckled. “You two were pretty much lost in your own world.”


“Hurry up! I’m freezing over here.” Yoochun said and sneezed.


“Come on give him a hug too.” Junsu winked. “And by him you know who I mean.” With that Junsu went towards Yoochun and wrapped his scarf around him and helped him to sit inside the car. He had caught a cold.


Yunho was resting his back against the car when Jaejoong approached him with a bright smile. “Yunhoshi…” Yunho stood straight. “Thank you for today. I always wanted to learn ice skating.” ‘and thank you for holding my hand and wiping that chocolate away and making me feel all those butterflies.’ Ofcourse he kept that inside.


“I had fun too.” Yunho smiled. And there was an awkward pause. “Well then. See you.” And shrugged and was about to move away when Jaejoong hugged him.


“Good night.” He said and ran towards his house. Yunho stood there for a few seconds blinking. But then he got into the car too.
.


“Jaejoong! Why was your phone off?” Jaejoong’s mother scolded him as soon as he entered the house.


“The battery ended. Whats wrong? You were there when Junsu took me out.”


“I know. I know but I got a call from Siwon saying your phone was turned off. I told him you were out with friends but Jaejoongah you should’ve checked your battery before going. He was worried and-”


“What was there to be worried about?” Jaejoong was irritated now. He was in a really good mood but his mother ruined it by mentioning Siwon. “I went out with friends. That’s all. What was he doubtful that I might be cheating behind his back?”


“Jaejoongah!”


“What is it with you people? Why won’t you let me enjoy my life?” Jaejoong screamed. “Why should I inform him where I’m going?”


“He was just worried because it was getting late and-”


“I was out with my friends! Those friends who I know since God knows when. And do I look a minor to you? Or am I a defenseless girl who should be protected.”


“Why are making a huge fuss over this Jaejoong?”


“Because I’m stupid!” Jaejoong screamed and ran upstairs to his room.


 “What was that all about?” Jaejoong’s mother mumbled to herself.
.


“Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!” Jaejoong punched his pillow countless times and sighed. He took out his phone and turned it on. He had purposefully turned it off when they were about to go for ice skating. There was a massage from an unknown number. Jaejoong opened it.


‘Today was really fun. I hope we would get a chance to hang out again.
Yunho.’


Jaejoong’s eyes widened. Yunho texted him! But where did he get his number from? That doesn’t matter. Whats important is that Yunho messaged him! And He had a good time with Jaejoong. Jajeoong couldn’t stop grinning like a fool and just like that the night passed without getting any sleep.
.

Thank you for the subs and comments everyone! I really appreaciate it ^^ I write better when I have less stress no? lol The part where Jae argues with his mom about telling Siwon. I was pissed at that time cause my friend told me that she has to take permission from her fiance to go anywhere and I was like WHAT... And she couldn't go to hang out with us because of that... so I just let my anger out here haha. Thought Siwon is a good guy here. I feel sorry for making him a bad character always.. I love you Siwon oppa its just that you're the perfect love rival for Yunho XDDD Hope you enjoyed~ Yunjae are progressing quickly here aren't they :3 hehe thats how I fell in love with DBSK... love at first sight XDD anyway I'll stop babbling. See you all in the next chappie~ Take care ^^