Part 3

Love Like No Else

"Yunho, are you alright?"


"I'm alright Donghae." Yunho answered to his dance team member.


"Are you sure?" Donghae raised an eyebrow. "You look tired."


"I'll just get some coffee." Yunho stood up and went outside the room. He couldn't sleep last night. When he entered the room where they had the venting machine, he stopped as he spotted a familiar figure. Jaejoong was standing near the photocopy machine with his back to Yunho, humming a song. Yunho paid a little attention to the tone the shorter man was humming. His eyes windened when he recognised the song, it was the same song he was listening to last night. He stared at the other's figure. Jaejoong had wide shoulders, with a narrow waist and slender legs, that could be mistaken for a girl's. Jaejoong's hair looked soft, Yunho recalled the time when he had felt them on his chin. He felt the similar feeling in his stomach that he felt last night. He heard a whistle behind him and quickly turned around.


"Did I catch you at the wrong time?" Yoochun smirked.


"What are you talking about? I was going to get some coffee." Yunho said with a poker face.


"Of course." Yoochun said in a sarcastic tone. "I was about to get one myself." He said and entered the room. Yunho saw him slapping Jaejoong's arm and in return earning a smack on his shoulder. Yunho took a deep breathe and walked inside the room. He went straight towards the venting machine. Jaejoong didn't notice him at first. He was busy counting the number of papers in his hand.


"So, Jaejoongah, got more work?" Yoochun asked, standing beside Yunho and picked up the item Yunho just had got. Jaejoong only nodded keeping his eyes on the papers. "Want something to drink? Yunho's paying." Jaejoong quickly looked towards Yoochun with a frown but then his eyes widened when he saw Yunho beside him. Yunho grabbed his coffee and looked towards Jaejoong giving a small smile. But Jaejoong's eyes widened even more in return. Now Yunho felt even more awkward. "I think I hear Junsu calling." Yoochun said and rushed outside leaving Yunho and Jaejoong alone with the awkward atmosphere.


"Umm... Hi?" Yunho said and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and Jaejoong held the papers close to his chest.


"Hello." Jaejoong bowed a little but his eyes were huge like a child's when he sees candy. Yunho suddenly found it really cute.


"So, you work here?" Yunho asked and Jaejoong rapidly nodded. Suddenly the photocopy machine made a loud sound causing Jaejoong to jump and all the papers fell down. He felt embarrassed for being so clumsy but he couldn't help it, Yunho was infront of him and talking to him. Jaejoong bit his lower lip and knelt down to pick up the papers. "I'll help." He heard Yunho and suddenly he was infront of him. Jaejoong's mind stopped. Yunho was looking down on the papers and collecting them while Jaejoong just stared at him. He observed his handsome features and wanted to reach out his hand and touch the other's face. "Here." Yunho looked up and handed Jaejoong the papers. Jaejoong slowly took them, their hands brushed and Jaejoong's heart skipped a beat.


"Th-thank you." Jaejoong mumbled.


"Jaejoongshi, the president is asking for you." A woman peeked into the room and spoke. Jaejoong nodded and before he knew Yunho was standing and walking towards the door. When Yunho was out, Jaejoong pressed his hand to his chest to calm down his heart. He slowly stood up and leaned against the wall, reaching his hand up he stared at it, he felt electricity when Yunho's hand brushed against it.

.


"Jaejoong, you alright?" Jaejoong's father asked him as he entered the office.


"Yes, appa. You called?" Jaejoong said with a weak voice. He was both angry and happy. Angry 'cause his father had asked the secretery to call for him and limiting his time with Yunho and happy because of the encounter before. But he was also thankful for the lady coming up and calling for him 'cause he thought he would faint in that situation.


"I wanted those papers quickly. But you were taking too much time. Why are you so red? Did you got in a fight or something?"


"No no. I'm fine." Jaejoong shook his head. "And besides I don't get in fights."


"Well, you used to when you were in high school."


"It wasn't me. I was always getting bullied."


"Anyway, I need to you give me those papers so I can sign them and give the copies to the other clients." and Jaejoong did what he was told.


.


When everything was over Jaejoong went to the cafe to grab a snack. He went to the counter and ordered a burger. He was feeling hungry he didn’t eat anything since morning and it was 2pm already. He felt someone beside him. He turned to his right and felt a familiar feeling in his heart.


“Coffee.” Yunho said in a tired voice. He wanted fresh coffee to keep him going. He didn’t have enough sleep last night thanks for a certain someone. Yunho looked towards his left and blinked a few times. “Hi.” A small smile spread a across his face.


“Hi.” Jaejoong smiled too. Then it turned into a grin and he felt a little embarrassed. There was an awkward silence. “Um... Thank you for today.” Jaejoong mumbled.


“For what?” Yunho sounded confused and Jaejoong mentally slapped himself.


“For helping me pick the papers up.”


“Oh that!” Yunho smiled and scratched the back of his head. “No problem.” The guy on the counter gave him his coffee and Jaejoong’s burger to him.


“Wanna sit together and eat?” Jaejoong didn’t know where it came from. “B-but Its ok if you don’t want to. I mean you’re busy and-”


“Sure. Why not.” Yunho shrugged and went towards a near by table. Jaejoong felt like he could conquer the world. Jung Yunho was now going to have lunch with him. Well not lunch but he was going to sit with him and drink his coffee.


“You’re not going to eat?” Jaejoong asked after sitting down.


“I just had a sandwich an hour ago. I’m not hungry.” Yunho simply replied and drank the coffee. He liked being with Jaejoong. Even if they didn’t talk he like seeing the guy and being with him. And Yunho thought it was strange.


“How is your practice going?” Jaejoong mustered up the courage to speak first and get rid of the awkward atmosphere.


“Its hectic.” Yunho answered and took a sip of his coffee. “But it was my choice and I’m enjoying it.” He smiled keeping his eyes on the cup. “Since I was little I wanted to learn how to dance. I took part in dance contests and I was in the school dance club too. Many people opposed me and told to get a real job. But I wanted to do what I want so I did and persuade my dream.” He looked towards Jaejoong. His eyes were soft and Jaejoong felt breathless. “And now I’m here.”


“I-I see.” Jaejoong blushed. Why was he being such a girl? Damn it!


“What about you Jaejoongshi?”


“Huh?”


“What do you do here? What are your interests?”


“I’m just working here. Helping out and stuff. Appa says I can’t take over the company if don’t know the basics.”


“Take over the company?” Yunho’s eyes widened.


Oh... Did I just blurt out too much? “Actually, Yunhoshi.” He really liked saying that name. “My father is the CEO of this company.”


Yunho was just staring at Jaejoong, his coffee long forgotten.


“Yunhoshi?”


“Oh... Yes? Uh... I’m sorry I just spaced out.” Yunho shook his head. “You mean. You’re son of Kim Entertainment Industry’s CEO?”Jaejoong nodded. “Wow... Why didn’t Junsu tell me.” Jaejoong bit his lower lip and Yunho suddenly felt something in his heart. “Well um... so....” He scratched the back of his head. He was making Jaejoong uncomfortable. Come on! Say something. He’s looking at you with those huge pretty eyes and Oh Gosh! He’s biting his lip. A voice inside him was yelling at him that he hadn’t heard before. This was ridiculous. Why was he being affected so much? So many mixed emotions and mixed thoughts. But he still needed to say something. “Are you free after work?” He blurted out. Way to go Jung Yunho. What are you planning to say if he says yes? Its not that he wants him to say no but... Why does he want him to say yes? Why did he ask him such a question in the first place?


“Umm....Yes.” Jaejoong said in a low voice. He was staring at Yunho with his huge eyes.


“Wanna hang out somewhere?”


Jaejoong just starred at Yunho. “Huh?”


“I thought we could be friends and-”


“Yes!!!” Jaejoong jumped out of his chair and Yunho smiled.


“So, after work then?” Yunho asked and Jaejoong rapidly nodded. Yunho took the last sip of his coffee and stood up. “See you then.” And he went away. Jaejoong just sat there with his mouth open. Yunho had asked him out. He’s going on a date with Yunho! It must be a dream. He pinched himself and felt the pain. This is no dream. Its real!


What the hell just happened? Yunho thought to himself. Did he just ask a guy out? On top of that the Company’s CEO’s son? He was walking in his own thoughts when he bumped into someone.


“Woah!” Junsu held Yunho’s shoulder to make his steady. “Where were you lost? Never seen you unfocused like this.”


“Its nothing.” Yunho shook his head and went past Junsu. “Oh by the way Junsu. I’ll be late. I’m going somewhere.”


“Huh? Did I hear you right? You’re going somewhere? Somewhere other than work and home?”


“Yeah. Its a long story.”Yunho nodded. “See ya.” He waved and went away. Junsu just stood there blinking rapidly.


.


“Yoochun!” Jaejoong fell on the sofa in Yoochun’s office.


“What?” Yoochun said in an annoyed voice. “I’m trying to compose a masterpiece here.”


“You won’t believe what happened today.” Jaejoong spoke excitedly.


“Alright I won’t believe. Happy?”


“Yoochun!”


“Alright tell me.” Yoochun spun his chair and face Jaejoong.


“I was asked out today.”


“Why are you so happy. I thought you didn’t like going out with Siwon.” Yoochun poured himself a glass of water.


“I didn’t say Siwon asked me out.” Jaejoong frowned.


“Oh someone other than your fiance? And you seem happy about it.” Yoochun smirked and drank the water.


“Its Yunho!”


“Huh?” Yoochun started coughing violently. After he calmed down he spoke, “I told you not to drink at work.”


“I didn’t drink!” Jaejoong protested. “We met at the cafe and-”


“He just asked you wanna go out with me” Yoochun raised his eyebrow.


“Well not that but-”


“Aha! I knew it. Jung Yunho hasn’t lost his mind yet.”


“Hey! What do you mean by that?” Jaejoong huffed and crossed his arms. “He said he wanted to be friends.”


“And do you want to be just friend?” Yoochun gave a creepy smile.


“Of course I do! In fact I-”


“Just friends?” Yoochun repeated in a dramatic voice.


Jaejoong looked at him with a frown. “You’ve got to ruin everything don’t you?” And Yoochun laughed.


.


“What!?” Junsu’s eyes as wide as possible with the shock Yoochun just had given him.


“Yeah! Why else do you think Jaejoong was smiling like an idiot all day.”


“I thought maybe they talked and stuff but going out is just... Wow!”


“They’re not going out. Yunho just asked him-”


“I know! I know. Its just.” Junsu combed his hair with his fingers. “Yunho never does that. After everything that happened. I mean after all the shirt ruining drama. Yunho asked Jaejoong out.”


“For the last time he didn’t ask him out!”Yoochun said in an annoyed voice. “Don’t create false hope. Especially for Jae. I don’t want him to get hurt ‘cause you know according to him he has found his prince charming. So please. Don’t raise his hopes up anymore.”


“But Chunnie! Yunho’s acting strange too.”


“I don’t know Su. Yoochun sat down next to Junsu and put his head on his shoulder. “Its scary. Jae’s parents won’t agree like this. No matter how much they adore their son but their company and their reputation is more important to them.” He caressed Junsu’s hand. “I don’t want Jaejoong to break. He’s very sensitive. He’s gonna hurt really bad.”


“I know Chun. I know. But I think things would turn out right. Maybe his parents would understand.”


.


“But Umma-” Jaejoong’s voice trembled in the phone.


“No buts! The Chois are coming today and you can’t go anywhere.”


“Can’t they come some other day?”


“It would be rude to reject them like this sweetie. Now please understand come home already.”


Jaejoong didn’t know what to say. Only 15 minutes left till Yunho’s day was off. He wanted to go with Yunho so badly. But his mother was forcing him to get home to meet the Chois. He wanted to cry what could he do now? His mother would be really angry if he didn’t come. On the other hand he didn’t want to lose the chance of spending time with Yunho. He had to do something.


“Y-Yunhoshi. I need to tell you something.” Jaejoong went to Yunho as soon as the practice was over. Yunho looked at him and smiled. Now Jaejoong really felt tears coming in his eyes. “I-I can’t come with you today.” He saw something on Yunho’s face. Was it disappointment? But then his expression changed at once.


“Its alright Jaejoongshi.” Yunho smiled and picked up his jacket and was about to walk away when Jaejoong spoke again.


“We have guests coming today and I have to go. If I didn’t then-“


“Its alright Jaejoongshi.” Yunho said again. His voice sounded a little cold and Jaejoong felt a shiver. “You don’t have to explain.” He said and went away.


“I’m sorry...” Jaejoong whispered after Yunho had went away.
....