Part 1

Love Like No Else

"They're expecting your arrival, young master." The maid bowed. The young man nodded weakly. He looked into his reflection in the mirror. His pale skin looked a little more pale, his big doe-eyes were looking tired. Everything looked perfect from the tip of his expensive leather shoes to the end of his perfectly styled hair strands. His dark suit was quite a good contrast to his skin and figure. He was about to meet his finance-to-be and his family.


This was Kim Jaejoong, age 23, the only son of the famous Kim's Entertainment Industry. He loved art. He had studied art in the university and wanted to be a professional artist but his parents declined and told him to just keep it as a hobby since he had to manage his father’s company afterwards. His family had decided on an arranged marriage, him marrying the only son of the famous Choi Fashion Industry. Both the families decided to combine the business and extend relations. The idols working for Kim's company would be able to advertise for the Choi's company and there would be double profit on both sides. But what did Jaejoong think about it? He didn't like the idea. He was kinda different you can say. Living in another world full of dreams, dreams he believed would one day come true. But unfortunately all of that was about to be ruined. He had argued with his parents about it but they simply told him to snap out of his daydreaming and focus on real life. His mother tried to lighten up his heart by telling him all good things about the Chois but all he could think was that his life was about to stop. He had always thought of meeting someone special and fall head over heels for him at first sight. But it was all a dream after all. Maybe he should stop with these false expectations and focus on what would be good for the company and what his parents wanted.


"Young master?" The maid spoke again.


"I'll be there in a moment." Jaejoong mumbled and took a deep breathe. He felt frustrated and wanted to cry right now. He slowly turned around and the maid blushed. Jaejoong smiled and walked towards the door. The maid opened it for him and he went downstairs. He let go of the breathe he was holding when he reached the dinner table. He bowed politely and tried to smile but failed. His mother introduced everyone to him.


"And this is Choi Siwon." Jaejoong's mother said gesturing towards the handsome man. He quickly stood up and bowed politely. Now Jaejoong felt even more nervous. Siwon was indeed one of the most handsome people he had ever seen but somehow he felt that this was not the guy who could make his heart flutter. He took a seat.


The dinner went fine but not for Jaejoong. He felt really awkward. Siwon would smile towards him now and then but all Jaejoong could do was stare at him for a few seconds then turn away.


"Jaejoong dear, you didn’t say anything since we started dinner." Mrs. Choi spoke.


"He's just nervous." Mrs. Kim chuckled and Mrs. Choi smiled towards Jaejoong. Jaejoong wanted to dig a hole in the ground and burry himself in it.


"Meow! Meow!" Jaejoong quickly turned around and everyone followed his gaze.


"Jiji!" Jaejoong got up from his chair and ran towards his cat. "Are you alright Jijiyah?" He caressed the cat's head. Jaejoong wanted an excuse to leave the dinner, even if it was a cat it was enough.


"Jaejoong. Get back here." Mrs. Kim spoke.


"Umma, I think Jiji isn't feeling well." Jaejoong picked up his cat and stood up.


"I'll get the maids take care of it." Mrs. Kim spoke again and a maid came and took Jiji away from jaejoong. Jaejoong sighed and went back to his seat. His mother knew what he was up to. "Wash your hands before you touch the food."


"Its not like I'm going to die." Jaejoong said in a whisper so no one else could hear. He didn't want to be rude but he was already frustrated. His mother only sighed. The dinner continued, Jaejoong was again awkward.


"Jaejoongah, do you and Siwon want to talk? Alone?" Mr. Kim spoke after the dinner was finished. Jaejoong looked towards his mother and shook his head.


"Oh my, you're so shy." Mrs. Choi chuckled. "Its alright, no need to rush things. You two can talk next time."


After exchanging a few more words and goodbyes the Chois left.


"Jaejoong! Whats wrong with you? Can't you even talk?" Mrs. Kim scolded Jaejoong.


"I can't help it. I'm not familiar with them how am I supposed to talk to them?" Jaejoong spoke.


"Why are you so anti-social?" Jaejoong's mother massaged her temples. "I expect better from you next time."


"There's gonna be a next time?"


"Stop joking! I'm serious. If I see you behaving like that again I'm going to take away your art supplies for a whole month."


"No!" Jaejoong shouted in distress. "Please don't take away the last thing that makes me happy."


"Don't be a drama queen. Its just marriage the world isn't going to end."


"It is for me." Jaejoong spoke with sadness in his voice. "You just don't understand." He mumbled and went upstairs to his room. Jaejoong slammed his bedroom door shut and jumped on his bed. Jiji came seconds after, rubbing himself against Jaejoong's leg.


"Oh Jijiyah, will anyone ever listen to me?" Jaejoong lifted up his cat and spoke to him. Jiji meowed two times. "You always meow two times when the answer is negative. Now you're suddenly against me too?" He frowned.


.....
"Did you like him sweetie?" Mrs. Choi asked his son after getting into the car.


"Yes mother I think he's beautiful." Siwon smiled.


"Well that he is. He's too shy though."


"It'll be alright after a couple of more meetings. He's nervous I guess."


"Yes. You better make him like you too." Mrs. Choi smiled.


"I will try my best."


.....
"Yoochunah! What the hell am I supposed to do?" Jaejoong shouted into the phone to his best friend. "They're gonna marry me off to a really handsome guy I don't know anything about."


"Isn't it a good thing?" Yoochun spoke on the other side. He had been friends with Jaejoong since kindergarden. He was working at Jaejoong's father's company and was a pretty famous composer.


Jaejoong groaned. "But I didn't feel anything." Yoochun gave a confused 'huh?' and Jaejoong sighed. "The things you're supposed to feel when you like someone. Heart flutter, butterflies, feeling warm etc."


"You read too much novels."


"No, Its not true! Junsu said he feels the same when he's with you."


"You both read too much novels."


"Yoochunah!!!" Jaejoong whined.


"Ok ok... So now what?"


"Help me run away from home."


"What!? Are you mad Jaejoong?" Yoochun shouted in the phone.


"I'm serious. There's no way my parents are going to listen to me. They even said that they're gonna arrange the engagement ceremony next month. No one listens to me here. Even when I asked Jiji he gave me a negative response."


"Jiji has a point though."


"Yoochun!"


"Joking dude." Yoochun sighed. "So, you want me to help you escape?"


"Yup!" Jaejoong nodded.


"And how am I supposed to do that?"


"Don't know. Use your smart Chun mind." Jaejoong snickered and Yoochun rolled his eyes.


"Alright, let me think about it. But first I have a song to work on. I need to go."


"Not fair. You always say that." Jaejoong pouted.


"Well, unlike someone I don't get to be the son of a big company's CEO."


"You should be. You'll understand how much it ." Jaejoong said tiredly.


"We'll see. And Jaejoong I'll think of something so don't do anything stupid. Talk to you later. Need to work. Bye!"


"Whatever." Jaejoong hung up and threw his phone across the room and it landed on the couch.


......


"Oh Siwonshi!" Jaejoong jumped a little. He was comfortably sitting on the sofa when the door bell rung and he ran off to open it, hoping that it would be Yoochun.


"Hello, Jaejoongshi." Siwon gave a wide smile. "Can I come in?"


"Huh? Oh yes, yes come in." Jaejoong stepped away and closed the door behind Siwon.


"So I wanted to take you out somewhere." Siwon spoke.


"Huh?" Jaejoong blinked a few times.


"Would you like to go out with me on a date?" Siwon spoke again.


Jaejoong was caught by shock. 'That was pretty straight forward.' Jaejoong thought.


"Oh Siwon. You're here." Jaejoong's mother suddenly appeared. Siwon told her why he was here and she quickly agreed shoving Jaejoong out of the door and waving them goodbye then closing the door.


"What was that about?" Jaejoong said to himself.


"Excuse me?" Siwon asked.


"Nothing. So, where are we going?" Jaejoong asked Siwon. He noticed that Siwon was dressed pretty well whereas his own clothes were kinda wrinkly and simple. He was wearing a simple white T-shirt and blue jeans. "I didn't even get time to change into proper clothes. Great." Jaejoong mumbled.


"Its alright. We'll get something good for you to change in." Siwon spoke and opened the car's door for Jaejoong to sit in. On the way, Siwon tried to initiate a conversation but Jaejoong seemed as awkward as before. He looked towards Siwon. He's quite handsome he thought. But not his type. He liked guys who're a bit tan. Siwon had a fair complexion. He liked guys with beautiful hands. Siwon's hands weren't ugly or something, they were pretty nice but not to Jaejoong's expectations. He once went to a fortune teller and she told him that the person he'd fall in love with would have a mole somewhere near his lips, with pretty hands and he'd be hard to get. And Siwon clearly had no moles near his mouth and he was pretty easy going. Yes Jaejoong believed in fortune telling but not 100%. He found it interesting but sometimes it could be true. They stopped at a big mall. Siwon picked up a few clothes and told Jaejoong to try them. Jaejoong felt a little frustrated. Wasn't he the one to pick the clothes? Anyway, he went into the try room and tried them. The third time when Jaejoong got out, everyone started staring at him. He was wearing a V-neck long sleeve shirt with black and white stripes with white skin tight jeans. He looked stunning. "Perfect!" Siwon said and clapped his hands a few times. "You look out-standing Jaejoongshi." Jaejoong only nodded. He tried to smile but he couldn't. "Oh I need to give some papers to your father. So we'd have to stop at the company first."
.
At the company, everyone stared at Jaejoong. He had visited the company a few times but People working in the company didn't know him. Only a few of them who were close to his father knew who he was.


"I'll be back." Siwon said and went towards the CEO office. It wasn't Jaejoong's first time here but he hadn't seen all the building. He began to walk along the corridors watching people walking around, some of them practicing in the practice rooms, some of them in the studio. He was lost in his own thoughts, wandering here and there with a cup of strawberry milkshake in his hand, as the straw left his lips he bumped into someone, falling down and spilling all the cold liquid on the other's shirt.


"Aish! That was my new shirt!" The other man groaned, Jaejoong had fallen on him, the plastic cup in his hand now upside down and the lid was open. Jaejoong looked up to the other person's face wanted to clear things and hopefully pay for his shirt but just as he lifted his face to meet the other's eyes his breathe hitched and he felt as if his mind had gone numb.


"Is everything alright?" Siwon's voice came.


"Argh." The man under Jaejoong groaned again and pushed Jaejoong away. Siwon gently held Jaejoong's arm and helped him to stand up.


"Jaejoong are you alright?" Siwon asked with concern.


Jaejoong didn't reply, he only stared at the taller man standing infront of him. He felt his heartbeat rising really fast, his face felt hot and red, his body was shaking a bit, he wanted to talk but his throat felt dry. Jaejoong could only bow as an apology.


The other man frowned. "Now what am I going to do? I had an audition today and you ruined my shirt." He looked towards his shirt which had a hue of pink now.


"Audition?" Siwon asked and the other nodded. "Well that won't be a problem. I'll ask them to let you pass. That would be enough for the mistake. Whats your name?"


"Yunho! There you are." Another young man came running and stopped infront of them. "Oh my God! What happened to your shirt?" He asked staring at Yunho's shirt. Yunho pointed towards Jaejoong. The other man turned towards him. "Jaejoong!" He jumped and hugged him. "What are you doing here?"


"I-I..." Jaejoong couldn't speak.


"You know him?" Siwon asked.


"Oh, pardon me for my rude behaviour. I'm Kim Junsu. Jaejoong's friend since middle school." Junsu answered cheerfully.


"Ahem." Yunho cleared his throat clearly not amused.


"So, Yunhoshi right?" Siwon looked towards Yunho again. "I'll get them to-"


"I don't need anyone's help. I can pass on relying on my own talent. Thank you!" Yunho went past them. Siwon was a little shocked by the other's behaviour. Jaejoong saw him walking away and let out his breathe he had been holding. His face was still burning and his heart was still beating like a drum. 'What just happened?' He thought to himself.


"Jaejoong? Are you alright? You don't look so good." Junsu spoke.


"Is everything fine?" Siwon also asked.


Junsu lifted his hand and felt Jaejoong's forehead. "Omo! Jaejoongah! You're burning. You have a fever." Junsu said in his high pitched voice.


Siwon did the same and nodded. "Why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling well? I wouldn't have taken you out."


"Its alright Siwonshi." Jaejoong sighed.


"Omo! You're Choi Siwon! I didn’t notice before." Junsu jumped and Siwon smiled. "Wow! I'm a fan. You're such an amazing model."


"Why thank you Junsushi." Siwon smiled.


"I think I want to go home." Jaejoong mumbled.


.
"Jaejoongah." Mrs. Kim sighed. "I can't believe you. You're running a fever when you were just fine this morning."


Jaejoong didn't say anything he was in his bed, buried under the covers with a thermometer in his mouth.


"What am I going to do with you?"


Jaejoong took out the thermometer and spoke, "Throw me away."


"I wish I could." Mrs. Kim crossed her arms. "But I can't since you're my blood. You're useless you know."


"Appa says I've inherited everything from you."


"The face Joongie, only the face." His mother corrected.


"Really? Then did appa have a fever too when he bumped into someone and spilled strawberry milkshake on his new shirt?" Just imagining that incidence again made Jaejoong blush.


"You did what?" Jaejoong's mother's eyes widened.


"Nothing." Jaejoong smiled sweetly and placed the thermometer in his mouth again.
.


"Junsuyah, who was he?" Jaejoong asked Junsu. Junsu had come to visit Jaejoong once his work was over. He was a pretty famous singer in the Kim's company, he and Yoochun had released many songs together. His voice was angelic.


"Who he?" Junsu frowned.


"You know..." Jaejoong crossed his legs, sitting on the bed. "The guy from before."


"Oh do you mean Yunho?"


"Yunho..." Something about that name made Jaejoong want to say it again and again. "So, who is this Yunho?"


"He's my cousin. He's a pretty amazing dancer. He came to the company today for an audition. I'm sure they'd accept him in no time."


"How come I never knew about him?"


"He lives in Gwanjgu. He doesn't visit Seoul much. But now he'll be here since he'll be working here." Junsu answered.


"Really? In the company?" Jaejoong's eyes lit up.


"Why are you so interested? You spilled milkshake on him today." Junsu laughed. "Don't tell me you plan on getting him a new shirt."


"N-no. I just..." Jaejoong bit lower lip. He remembered the encounter today and blushed. He remembered the other's face, the almond eyes, sharp nose and bow shaped lips and that little mole above the upper lip. It made Jaejoong's heart beat faster. "Junsu..." He moved closer to Junsu and whispered. "Don't tell anyone what I'm going to tell you, alright?"


"Sure Jae. Your all secrets are safe with me."


"Good." Jaejoong swallowed. He never felt like this before. Just by thnking about the other man he felt all kinds of new emotions.


"I-I think I... I'm... I'm in love."


"WHAT!?" Junsu jumped.


"Shhh!" Jaejoong tried to calm Junsu down.


"Sorry sorry! But its just. OMG! Jaejoong are you serious? I mean Yunho?"


"Why? You're saying it like he's an alien or something." Jaejoong frowned.


"Well you see. He is kind of. He's a total workaholic, he gets pissed off easily, if he could he would marry dancing, he likes to stay to himself, he doesn't care about other people and..." Junsu counted each point on his finger. "He's definitely not romantic. He doesn't know anything about love."


"But Junsuyah!" Jaejoong whined. "I felt so much when I just saw him. I mean when I looked into his eyes, its like i felt millions of butterflies in my belly. My heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest. And I didn't have a fever at that time. I just felt like all of my blood was rushing to my face." Jaejoong grinned like an idiot. "And...and I felt like I was in another world. He even has that mole above his upper lip Junsuah! I wonder how his hands look like. I bet they're as gorgeous as he is."


"Wow..."


"I know right?"


"Jae... You're totally in love." Junsu said with his eyes wide open. "Good luck with it though. You're gonna need lots of it."


Jaejoong pouted. "Right now what I need is a sleeping pill 'cause I think I'll be facing insomnia for a long time."

 

.......

 

Did you like it? :) Let me know what you think about it :3 and don't forget to subscrube!