chapter iv

what a wonderful word

The herald
December 19 2019

Heir to the Son international media empire in legal tousle with husband.

Son Hyunwoo, the only son of the global media giant owner Son Minwoo, is currently stepping into court for the fourth time this month. This follows what should have been a mundane divorce drama but has turned into some much more worrisome.

It was revealed on the 12th of November that Son Hyunwoo would be divorcing his husband of eight years, Son Minhyuk. The heir to the Son media empire has been known to value his privacy and rarely partakes in galas and charities. However, it’s under unfortunate circumstances that we finally get to meet the man that is now the acting CEO, after his father has taken leave due to medical issues.

The case has been a short but twisted path. Later it was revealed that Son Minhyuk was pregnant and both Minhyuk and Hyunwoo planned to keep the child. This revelation stirred an uproar, citing that Hyunwoo should do right and stand by his family. Mothers alike stated it was unfair and cruel for him to abandon his husband when he was in such a fragile state.

“It’s just not right. Minhyuk is carrying his child. As a husband and as a father, he should be there to offer support and comfort. Instead, he turns his back on his pregnant husband. What kind of person does that, after eight years of marriage. He’s just heartless,” Minhyuk’s lawyer Chae Hyungwon, offered commentary.

It doesn’t stop there, the Son divorce case took another turn for the worse when Hyunwoo fired back, saying that Minhyuk had undergone artificial insemination process without his knowledge. Thus the drama started. All the while Minhyuk claims that Hyunwoo is lying and was well aware of the child. He also claimed that Hyunwoo had a lover but failed to present adequate evidence and the accusation was pushed aside.
After a magnitude of support pouring on Minhyuk’s behalf, the public has yet to see the other side of the nurse.

Doctor Lim changkyun, the doctor that performed Minhyuk's procedures and a resident specialist at the hospital Minhyuk works for was summoned. To every one's surprised, Dr.lim confessed that he did find it odd that Hyunwoo didn’t attend any of the prep procedures but he was familiar with the couple's struggles and didn’t hesitate. This stirs another uproar in the medical communities, several specialist offering their two cents.

“This is a travesty. There is a reason that protocol is implemented, there is a reason why rules are set. One can never be too careful, as a doctor and as a patient.” Health Minister Lee Yoonho released the statement after the debate was stirred whether Dr.Lim should have his medical license revoked.

Many have voiced their concern about these procedures concerning legal rights and human rights. However, the courting is deliberating on the matter and Dr.lim’s medical license is still valid.

Following this turn of event, Hyunwoo’s lawyer, Lee Jooheon has requested that Minhyuk goes under psychiatric evaluation. Despite the test confirming that Minhyuk is currently under extreme psychological stress and is displaying symptoms of more than one condition, the public still pours in support for him.

After a month long legal battle, the odds still seem to lie in Minhyuk’s court till things took a turn for the worst. Son Hyunwoo had provided recorded evidence, supporting the claim that Minhyuk was trying to blackmail him using the baby’s wellbeing. True to his word, the recording display a frantic voice yelling all kind of profanities along with ‘I’’l kill the child, if you don’t stop. I swear I’ll kill the child.’

The court was up in arms over the recording and requested a specialist to verify that it was Minhyuk. When the results came back positive, it seemed to be all over for the nurse. The recording couple with his psychiatric assessment has left the court doubting themselves.

In the end, the judge ruled in favour of Son Hyunwoo, granting them divorce along with Hyunwoo request to have Minhyuk checked into a nursing home. Lee Jooheon expressed’s his client fear for his child’s safety. Checking Minhyuk in will allow him to be under supervision, receive the best health care for the child and get treated for his phycological conditions. By common law, Minhyuk receives half of Hyunwoo’s asset but the court rules against that, stating that Minhyuk is unfit of managing such funds. In the end, Hyunwoo’s own family steps up to organise and manage the trust that will hold Minhyuk’s shares.

Upon leaving the courting, Minhyuk was frantically screaming and crying that this was an injustice and once again accusing Hyunwoo of having an affair. Many people still sympathise with the nurse that was described as passionate and loving.

In the end, there are no winners or losers.


-


www.Gossipcorner.com, world's number one source of the finest real life dramas

July 13 2022

Breaking news

 

You remember that Son empire case, the one where the husband got himself pregnant without consent from their spouse. Yeah that one, well so happens that the drama isn’t over quite yet.

Following the post on Son Soyou's, sister of Son Hyunwoo, instgram, many speculated that Hyunwoo has tied the knot again. After the speculation, Soyou replied and confirmed the theory. The ceremony was an intimate affair in the manali valley.
(Blah Blah)

Then things get spicy, Son Minhyuk, Ex husband of Son Hyunwoo and certified crazy person, has reached out on social media stating that Hyunwoo’s new husband was actual the lover Minhyuk was referring to during the trial.

The person in question is Son Hoseok ( Lee Hoseok). Sources claim that Hoseok and Hyunwoo were actually high school sweethearts. Now an accomplished composer and founder of ShinXrecords, sources suggest that Hoseok had returned to rekindle his lost love. Lucky for him, Hyunwoo was his for the taken or was he. Or maybe Minhyuk isn't a crazy person after all.

Minhyuk insists the two of them carried on their affair for almost seven months before the divorce.

It’s just a mess but at least the wedding pictures look good. Take a look for yourself. Click here


-

 

Shock!: an exclusive interview with Son Minhyuk, the real story behind the disturbing Son divorce case.

3 March 2025

Finally, we get to hear both sides. Minhyuk says the court didn’t take him seriously because of his psychiatric evaluation and insinuated that he was delusional and unreliable. Also the truth behind Hyunwoo’s new husband

Son Minhyuk: Back then, I just knew he had lavender coloured hair.

This isn't the first article about this case to be featured inside our covers but it is by far the most personal one. Son Minhyuk sits down with us to give us the detailed truth behind the Son Divorce case.

Minhyuk invites us into his home located in Apujeong, an upmarket but small apartment. It's a warm cozy space with beiges and white with Louis's Armstrong's 'what a wonderrful world' on repeat.We go through the formalities and it's clear that he is willing to be forthcoming with the truth.

"You probably think I'm crazy," he jokes,"Some times I think I am. When I look back at the trial and everything that went down. I very well could be crazy."

He continues to talk and we listen patiently," I'm not saying I'm not at fault but at that moment, I was not in the right state of mind. I knew he was having an affair, he would come home with bruises, scratches. He wouldn't even hide the texts. For me, it was devasting. I just couldn't understand where we went wrong. I was in that moment of self-blame, trying to find any reason so I could make it right. He just never looked at him,"
There's pause as he wipes away his tears with tissues and takes a sip of the water.

I ask why he didn't have any evidence of the affair and the answer is understandable.
"Because I was never going to leave him. Evidence for what? A divorce? I never wanted a divorce. I just thought I would keep trying and trying and he would understand,"

but he never did, Minhyuk explains in details about how Hyunwoo had seemingly abandoned their marriage. It's dues to this, he blames his psychological issues on.
"I was a happy person, my body was weak but my mind wasn't. I was happy with my life we had, he was everything I wanted in a husband. We were eager to start a family, I just kept thinking about our dreams. So when things came crashing down, I thought our dreams could save us,"

Thus the idea of a hidden pregnancy was born, Minhyuk admits that he went through with it because he thought a child could save their marriage. That sadly wasn't the case. It only pushed him further and further down the path of depression till he didn't care for himself and the child.He isn't proud of his actions but thanks the heavens for the blessing of his daughter.
"I will never call her a mistake. She was a gift,"

Even so, Minhyuk is only allowed supervised visitation.
"It's absurd, I barely see her for 12 hours a week. I gave life to her and slowly she's starting her life without me. I regret my choices, I regret a lot of things but she isn't one of them.I just wish I could give her better,"

A part from visitation rights, Minhyuk also gets to spend time with her during the holidays in Hyunwoo's parent's villas,
"It's just two days, she can't last longer than that without seeing her father."

Despite the legal woes and bitter accusation, Minhyuk says he holds no grudges against his ex-husband.
"I realised I needed to let go. If I want to live with my child and be happy, then I had to stop. It's hard but I'm trying, to earn forgiveness from myself, my daughter and her father. It's a difficult road to recovery but I feel confident. This article isn't about dragging Hyunwoo and his family through the mud. During the whole ordeal, Hyunwoo's family have been the only ones there for me. I just feel like people need to know I didn't go off my rockers just because my husband wanted to divorce me. It was deeper than that, it was emotionally scarring and I can't forget. I'm still trying to forgive, as I'm still waiting to be forgiven.''

Falling away from the emotional drama, Minhyuk speaks about the way the court handled him,
"It was crazy, I was treated like a compulsive liar. They kept looking at me like something was wrong. Days before the evaluation, they seemed fine but once the results were revealed, it was like I grew a second head. I experience stress, depression, anxiety but that doesn't rob me of all my humanly conduct. It's like they don't see you as a person, they just try to sift through your words like they trying to see through the crazy. My conditions were out of my control and no one should get treated any less for being affected by it."

He huffs annoyed, obviously very passionate about the topic. He shares some of his coping exercises and we chat before leaving the apartment. During the chat, he shares little stories about his daughter and even praises his ex-husbands's parenting. It becomes clear that Minhyuk holds no fault with Hyunwoo but rather it is Hyunwoo's new husband, Son Hoseok, that faces the wrath. Each time his name is mention, Minhyuk is quick to shut the topic down, the mention of the name enough tighten the cherry smile.

We are once again reminded, time heals not all wounds.