Chapter 4

THE WAR

"What you’ve done to yourself...”

 

She opened her eyes a slightly and blinked as the rain wiped the mud from her face and she almost stopped breathing as she saw the person- her husband. Oh Sehun.

 

He was here, for what? But he was with those two beautiful girls? Wasn’t he?

 

She frowned and tries to push him away weakly but this time, Sehun didn’t let her go. Her wrist was freed but then she felt those strong hands grabbing her waist and then she was forced in his embrace, her face on his shoulder. She weakly tried to stay away as his hand tightened around her body.

 

"Stop…” Sehun whispered, "Stop pushing me away.” He begged.

 

She closed her eyes as more tears drop. Curling her fist, she weakly hit him on his back knowing fully it won’t affect his giant body.

 

"L-let m-me-e -go…” She cried as their first night all repeated itself and she start hitting him harder.

 

"Let me go!” She whimpered. Sniffles becomes more louder.

 

She was pulled back by Sehun, but only to be thrown on the muddy ground and her wrist pinned at the side of her head. She tried to free her wrist as Sehun hover above her.

 

"Stop! D-don’t d-”

 

"-You stop!” Sehun bellowed on top of her as he leaned closer. She finally saw his eyes. They were swollen and red. He looked hurt, desperate and guilty, so many emotions on his usually cold face.

 

"You should stop this!” He repeated. Jiyeon shake her head and looked at the side as more tears dropped.

 

"Look at me dammit! I said ing look me in the eye when i talk to you!” He yelled furiously.

 

She let out a small sound of hopelessness. She was going to get again by her husband in the mud. Could she get more miserable fate? She looked him in the eye as he demanded fearfully.

 

"What is wrong with you? I touch you, you cry! I touch others, you cry! I do nothing, you cry! What do you exactly want me to do?!” he screamed on her face. She shakes her head, she was scared from him.

 

"You- why are you doing this to me...” His voice lowered as if he was hurt.

 

"Pl-please let me go- I’ll be good…” She cried again.

 

"You’ll be good? Let you go?” he asked in disbelieve.

 

Leaning even closer, he shook his head. "Babe, this won’t happen, not when I’m alive.” He whispered then. "When will you forgive me? How much more time you need to... to love me back? Is it that hard to love me?”

 

She heard him loud and clear but she couldn’t help to think much about this. She couldn’t when she was so damn scared of him, the man above her, who was no less than animal if he wanted to be.

 

"Please... D-don’t touch me...” She pleaded again.

 

She stared at his eyes and she clearly witnessed those hurt feelings change to pure fury. He screamed to himself stepping away from her. She immediately sits up and hugged herself.

 

For few minutes, he let his anger out like this while she sobbed and covered her eyes to not see him. He terrified her. His roars were stronger than thunder itself.

 

Then he falls on his knees in defeat his lips bleeding from the side a little. Yet all Jiyeon did was to think of him as monster. He was a monster and nothing would change that.

 

The rain stopped after sometime. They both stayed in silence, bodies soaked from head to toe; clothes clanged on their body like a second skin. Jiyeon stopped crying, hiccups the only thing could be heard.

 

She heard a loud sigh of defeat, she didn’t look to Sehun but she knows he stood up and was walking closer to her. Feeling him bend down, she was lifted on his broad shoulder. She widened her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck in fear of falling down. She didn’t protest about the distance. She was too tired to argue with him for this. He seemed tired too. Beside, her wounds started to hurt more and there was no power left in her legs to walk anymore.

 

 

 

Passing by the calm path, there was no one around but few soldiers working while the other stayed inside the shelters working. Sehun approved of their work and patted few shoulder then walked along.

 

He sat her on the floor of their bedchamber then left to take cleaning stuff.

 

Jiyeon kept mum and when he came back, she still didn’t look up. He once again lifts her and this time, sat her on the chair. Her eyes were dropped but when she felt him grasping the hem of her robe, it all happened so fast when he pulled it up on her thigh. Her breath quickened as she tried to pull it down but Sehun firmly grip her wrists and he looked dead at her eyes.

 

"Don’t. I’ve to clean it.” He pointed at the scratched skin on her thigh.

 

She let him do but tensed she was and observment was her duty as she focused on his every movement, to make sure he won’t pull something on her.

 

His rough hand touched the broken skin; she flinched, shivering at the rough touch. Her fingers gripped the chair tightly as Sehun leaned closer to her thigh. A warm breath was directed on the skin and she couldn’t help but to feel nervous at that. Butterfly danced along her tummy as her cheeks blushed at the gesture.

 

Then he wet the cloth in the basket and slowly cleaned her skin. Her tears fall slowly at the pain but didn’t complain. Finished with her legs, he looked at her face, full of small scratches.

 

Jiyeon felt his eyes on her face; quietly she raised her eyes to his face and saw his eyes on her face. Her large watery eyes filled with pure innocence stared at his lips. She wasn’t sure, but she had feelings they felt good on skin if used rightly. Sadly, their owner doesn’t know how to use them. She gulped and blushed even more at the thought.

 

Clearing of throat made her look him in the eye. He had this knowing smirk that made her frown miserably lowering her head in shame.

 

"I’ve to clean your face.” with that he stand up, his fingers cleaned the dry mud out of her face then used the wet towel.

 

After he was done, he told her to take a shower. And she did. When she comes back, Sehun left to shower.

 

In that time, Jiyeon started to think what happened between them. Why was he being gentle and nice? What’s up with him?

 

Sehun came up fast in another loose gray shirt and loose black pants.

 

She felt him sitting on the bed at her side. Her relaxed body tensed. What could he want now?

 

"I’m sorry. I’m sorry for taking you like that on our first night. I’m sorry for flirting with others. And I’m sorry for treating you... wrongly.” He muttered quietly. Exhaustion was shown in his voice. She though kept quiet. He seems to have more to say.

 

"War is coming closer. I just wanted you to know... I loved you from first sight.” He paused, as if embarrassed at his own confession. "It’s stupid and weakness but... I wanted you for myself. But when i heard rumors of you with others, i was blinded by anger. That night, i realized you weren’t how rumors talked about you but i couldn’t stop myself. Then... you avoided me and... Cried and... I’m just sorry.”

 

He stood up and stared at Jiyeon who still refused to look at him even if she wanted to. "I might die in this war. This war will tear many apart. So if i die, please, i was crazily in love with you to realize how much I’ve hurt you... It hurt me how you avoided me but i took it all believing it was my punishment. I didn’t come home so you don’t have to feel discomfort because of me... I hope one day you’ll able to forgive if not now.”

 

And he left. Leaving her in deep thoughts of what just happened.

 

 

After that day, Jiyeon often found herself alone, all day sitting on her bed or looking out of the window. The large house shows nothing but emptiness. The weather got cold too, as if mocking her loneliness.

 

She thought of forgiving Sehun, but every time she thought she forgave him, one nightmare hunts her down. She tried to get over it, but nothing seems to help. She was drawn into guilt, thinking she was doing wrong with Sehun. He gave her the entire house so she doesn’t feel uncomfortable yet she wasn’t able to forget. She beat herself up for this. Yet the feelings stayed as they were, like a scar refusing to vanish.

 

She barely eat, beside there wasn’t much food left. She took for three days; it’s been five days of what happened that day with Sehun. It lasted because she skipped few times and Sehun wasn’t even coming home.

 

Another day passed by and another. This was when all the food was gone but she didn’t complain. She wasn’t allowed to go outside without Sehun’s permission who was nowhere to be seen. She waited for him to come back. He didn’t.

 

Another day passed by, then another.

 

 

That’s when she finds herself starving. Water has been used all. It was terrible as she tightly hugged herself to at the very least subsides the hunger for a little while and yet this time it didn’t help. She starts searching for money. She needed some to buy food. She won’t take from soldiers their shares. It was unfair.

 

Yet in this big house, no money was anywhere. She shook her head in despair. What is happening in her life? Why her life was like this, so hard to deal with.

 

She couldn’t take it anymore so she did what she thought was right. If Sehun cared enough, he would’ve come but he didn’t and it’s been days she didn’t eat anything. If she kept sitting in that damn house, she would die very soon. So Sehun’s permission didn’t matter.

 

For the first time without Sehun, she stepped outside. The weather has changed so much. Clouds covered the sun, cold breezes running here and there, no one outside, moving the dust and few wrappers with it- quietness.

 

She frowned and starts walking, try to look at everywhere to just see a one passerby but yet nothing, no one. After five minutes, her eyes landed on the burned house. Then more burned house, things thrown on the bloody ground. Her eyes widened at that. She fearfully looked everywhere but only destruction was in view. Fear controlled her sense as she jogged a further away, to see someone and ask what happened.

 

Her feet stopped as her eyes witnessed the scene few meters away Dead bodies, everywhere dead bodies and white cloth on them. Some didn’t but some.

 

There was a women crying beside a corpse of a young man. Her shaking steps led her there. Bending her body, she sat on her knees before tapping the women’s shoulder to catch her attention.

 

"W-what... Happened here?” She asked.

 

The women looked at Jiyeon in disbelieve, as if wondering she lived here or not.

 

"Those bastards, they attacked us! Those bastards killed my son! Oh lord i lost my son.” The women cried in utter sadness.

 

She frowned. "Who?

 

"Girl where were you? The war has begun. Defense forces of our kingdom were beaten down. All the forces are defending the palace. Soldiers been killed. Children and women are captured... Where were you? You shouldn’t be here. If they saw you, they’ll get you. Leave and hide my child. Its dangerous to linger out here like this.”

 

At this she gasped and covered in shock. Shaking her head, she denied. "No, it’s not possible! Where’s my husband? I want to see my husband. He’s from Generals. Please tell me where he is?” She begged from the women.

 

The women’s eyes softened as she patted Jiyeon’s arm to calm her a little. "Generals you say. What’s his name, i might know if he survived or not.”

 

"Sehun. Oh Sehun, son of Oh Yunho and brother of Jongin. Please tell me if you know something about him...

 

Women seemed to be thinking. Then suddenly her eyes widened as if she remembered. She looked at Jiyeon and naturally women’s eyebrow saddened. She shakes her head then looks at Jiyeon in her eyes.

 

"Oh family, the war was deadly here, many Generals met their death before three days ago. Oh family made quite a fuss though. The father wasn’t here at defenses but the two brothers were. The youngest son of the family was injured badly and the elder went all wild about it. Thankfully their father has come on time and calmed the elder boy. I heard youngest son didn’t make it alive. They took his corpse to bury him somewhere honorable.” The women finished.

 

Jiyeon felt choked at the news. Jongin, Oh Jongin was dead? The peoples were dying, her husband’s younger brother had died and she doesn’t even know the war has begun? What the hell is that supposed to mean? And it’s been days? It was hard to believe but there could be no other explanation for this sudden quietness.

 

"Where were you all this time?” The women asked.

 

She felt dumb but she answered in truth. "I was at home. My husband told me i can’t go outside without his permissions. It’s been days he didn’t come back home and it’s been days i didn’t eat anything so i came out and... Found this...

 

The women sighed. "Oh family, the guards must have protected you. Rich peoples can do everything for safety. While peoples like us, we can’t even find a nice and safe place, let alone food.”

 

Jiyeon totally felt guilty hearing this. Before her wedding, she was just as poor as this women and food wasn’t much of a problem as they could eat anything from grass to any animal they happen to hunt. Now her food was ready and prepared, all she had to do was cook. No hard work for a simple meal.

 

She stands up to leave and go back home. Obviously the place wasn’t safe. She let her hunger slide and quickly walked back and shut the door tightly.

 

 

What about Mrs. Oh? Was she alone just like her? Or was she in palace with her husband and son? Does she know about her youngest son’s death? How did she felt? It must be terrible. But it was war, deaths were supposed to happen. Oh, wasn’t she scared thinking she lost her husband, the man she didn’t even love. Well, that’s what she thinks.

 

But how long could she stay home like this? After two days, the need kicked in and she didn’t care how dangerous the place outside was. She needed food, whether she die with hunger or by their enemy. Nothing makes much different anyway. Sehun ignored her basic needs. Yes, he was warrior and his first priority should be saving king and queen but what about her? Who was she? As long as she remember she was his wife, his responsibility but yet he left her like this for almost two weeks, with no food to last that longer.

 

She left the secure of her home and went into the wild. Just like before, quietness greeted her. She cautiously walked, making sure to step lightly just in case if someone was around.

 

She didn’t remember how much she walked but she ended up near a river. She smiled; At least she could drink something and so she drinks it.

 

Sighing in relieve she sat down and breathed in and out the cool air freshening her lungs out. After a while she went back to the same route she came here but instead of going home, she went where all the corpse were. The old women might have something to eat and she could ask her, its better then to linger alone.

 

And there she went, the old women this time wasn’t crying. She was just sitting there with dried tears with three elder women’s and one young girl. She seemed to be the same age as herself if not younger. So they decided to get together. Well, this was safer.

 

"Um... Mind if i join?” They look at her but the old women from before forced a weak smile and nodded. Thanking the women she sat down next to her.

 

Fidgeting a little she tried to not shiver at the cold weather.

 

"Has your husband come to you yet?” The women asked carefully. She could tell he didn’t but just wanted to make sure.

 

Jiyeon shook her head sadly. "I’m hungry. Do-do you have any extra food?

 

The women looked shocked at first. "Ahh i wanted to tell you about this. The food at the basement, you can take from it as much as you want.”

 

Downright Jiyeon declined. "Not that food. I asked if you had. I can’t take soldiers food just like that.”

 

The women frowned. "But honey, your husband made a deal with Generals. He said he’ll give all his money for the soldier’s food. And because he would be left with nothing, he said that you could take food from the basement whenever you need. Don’t you know? My son told me about this.” her voice got lower at the end at the mention of her son.

 

Jiyeon thought for a while. In the large house, she fined no money. When he talked her to the basement for food, nobody did interrupt. Sehun really did do that? It’s out of his character. He was greedy so why he willingly gave all his money like this? It was hard to believe. Why would he do that, strange.

 

But for now she shrugged it off and asked for it. "Can you take me there?

 

Jiyeon told the other females to follow her to because apparently they were hungry too.

 

 

The place was abandoned just the same cold breeze here and there. Dried blood on the ground, arrow thrown and destroyed shields, some broken swords. Now it actually looked a place of war.

 

Jiyeon felt goosebumbs as she saw all this. They reach the basement gate.

 

"I’ll go fetch few things to cook. You can prepare the fire.” The old women said.

 

They nodded and started their own work. While all Jiyeon did was clueless stare. She wanted to work but doesn’t know what to do beside the weather was so cold and her robe wasn’t enough to warm her up.

 

The fire took a time but eventually it was ready and they waited for the women to come with food ingredients.

 

 

"Oh look! There are some peoples! Get them!” Someone yelled.

 

Jiyeon looked around alarmed. The two women stood up in shock as the troop of armed man’s ran forward to their direction.

 

"These are our attackers! We need to run! Save your life’s ladies!” She shouted at Jiyeon and the other girl who looked scared to her death.

 

Jiyeon then stood up and grabbed the girl’s wrist tightly. She was scared but she had already faced this kind of situation before when she was in village and Baekje army attacked that night. She had to help her mother and younger sister back then. The difference is she escaped before the enemies could reach them but this time, and they were close and could easily catch them.

 

"Come on, we need to leave.” Jiyeon said, as the girl refuses to move.

 

"I can’t... I can’t leave my mother...

 

Jiyeon stopped too, staring at the girl who was tearing seeing her mother searching for a weapon to fight for her. She could totally understand the girl. How could one leave their mother to fight alone?

 

She sighed and weakly nodded. She knows it looked nothing more than a suicide to stay while a troop of enemies are attacking but what choice she had? None of these woman’s left to save their life so why would she? It would be useless even if she did run though.

 

After that what happened, obvious it was, hopeless they were, lives in the hands of the devil, his to play. Despair souls were tied, tightly bounding away from freedom. Though, ending was yet to come.

 

 

 

Yet one soul manages to escape.

 

 

 

 

"General Sehun! Your wife is in the hand of enemies! They took her away with other females she was with!” The soldier panicked as the man in front looked blankly at him, his father and mother beside him.

 

"General Sehun...” The soldier called again, not sure if they heard him the first time.

 

It was then the reaction was different, far more different than the first time.

 

Face darkened in great rage, the General roared in furious fury. "Where they took her? I was told the forces weren’t able to attack the west area! How they manage to get her from there?! I need explanation you idiot!

 

The soldier looked in submission. "A woman told us, she’s outside. S-should i call her in?

 

 

"She wasn’t home. She was hungry so she came to us and i led her to the basement General so we c-”

 

"-! So you can fill your hungry stomach with lots of food. Great, food was more important than life. I suppose weren’t you a little stupid old lady? Wasn’t that area captured by our enemies?!” he asked by anger.

 

Rising on his feet powerfully, he strides to the elder women. His large hand easily wrapped around her neck, in attempt of choking her.

 

"Who the told you to even talk with my wife let alone take her somewhere; peasants like you shouldn’t interfere with high status people, crazy old hag! Never show me your face again, ever! I might kill you for being a disgrace to our kingdom!” He screamed at the old women who seemed closer to tears then he pushes her off.

 

The guards around him nervously waited for his next orders.

 

"What are you waiting for fools?! We are going to the basement right now! Get everything ready right this instance!” he barked order.

 

They shared looks until one started nervously, trying to keep his cool. "B-but General Sehun, we have been ordered to not leave this place from General Leeteuk.”

 

As if the man challenged his authority, he glared harshly at the man. His steps light on the wooden floor as he walked dangerously close to the man. His breathing heavy in anger, he asked. "Do i look like i ing care?

 

Backing away a little, he chuckled with venom. "No wait- that’s not the question. The question is, how you dare try to disobey my commands?” his eyes terrified the man so he shake his head immediately.

 

"Forgive me my General Sehun. I seem to forget my place. I won’t ever do that again. This isn’t my place to decide whose orders I should follow. Yours is the reasonable one. So I’m at your service my General, take my life and i would gladly accept that fate.”

 

Well, he must know how to calm the monster from unleashing its rage upon him.

 

"Good. Now move!

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon and the other girl were tied to the wall at somewhere closer to the basement. The girl beside Jiyeon kept sniffing sadly.

 

Jiyeon sympathically looked at her. Poor her, witness her mother’s death right in front of her eyes. Fate was cruel.

 

"Hey, we are in this together. We should at least know each other’s name, hmm?” Jiyeon softly asked.

 

The girl looked at Jiyeon with her wide beautiful teary eyes and sniffed again as more tears fall down. "B-Byeol... It’s K-Kim Byeol... You’re J-Jiyeon, everyone k-now...

 

That made Jiyeon to shut up for a moment. Then she said again. "That’s a beautiful name, Byeol. Please, don’t cry, we might escape from here alive...” even she wasn’t sure if it was possible.

 

Byeol shake her head her lips pouting unconsciously. "No- m-my mother... I lost her... M-mother- i don’t ha-ve a reason to escape...

 

Jiyeon frowned in sadness. "Byeol, your mother wanted to save you. If you don’t escape, her sacrifice of herself would be wasted. She did this for you... You shouldn’t give u—

 

"-What do you know about losing your mother? You know nothing so stop saying thing like this to me.” Byeol snapped, angry with emotions.

 

Jiyeon quietly looked down. "But i lost my father. My mother wasted her life on his wait. I lost her too... ” she whispered.

 

Byeol stopped sniffing for a second as she heard her, her eyes lowering down in apology. Quietly she murmured. "I’m sorry...”

 

Jiyeon looked up and shake her head. Smiling weakly, she said. "Don’t be, it’s okay. Life is full of bumpy rides so we have to go on instead of giving up, okay?

 

At that Byeol nodded weakly, not convincing but at least she said she wouldn’t give up.

 

Some men came around, clothed with silver heavy armor, a sword in one hand, and shield in the other. Bow and arrows clung on their back, they were so prepared. No wonder if they succeeded in defeating the army at the defense.

 

"Look what we got here.” One said as he walked forward. He looked the leader of this troop.

 

"Oh Sehun’s wife, the malicious animal, wow- i wonder how he kept her so well. Did he hurt you too, honey?” He asked mockingly, playing a little with her soft and long hair.

 

"You look fine to me though. Just look so weak as if he starved you. Wonderful, i thought once he marries, he would use his wife for a punch bag but guess what? Even he knows how to treat gold, am i right Mrs. Oh?” he laughed and all the other followed.

 

"Anyway, you might be beautiful but i hate Sehun. That man is full of himself and just-- argh! I get angry whenever i think of that psychopath! So instead if killing you or taking you I’ll torture you.” words spoken with so much hatred, not even in Sehun was that darkness.

 

He turn to his mans and ordered. "Beat them up till i say otherwise.

 

And with that he stands at the side with his man coming forward to beat them up.

 

Jiyeon widened her eyes. Now, it was going to get worse. Like what the hell, these powerful soldiers beating two frail girls? They would die before they finish their third round.

 

Jiyeon closed her eyes to not see them. Something sharp kicked at her stomach, it made her inside crumbs and the muscles inside curl together with ugly feelings. A scream wasn’t able to make out but moan did with a shrill cry of pain.

 

Their leader scoffed. "Ah darling, that’s not even close to what your husband did to my wife. I promised him, one day I’ll take my revenge. Though, i wasn’t sure if i could before but hearing he got married to the women of his own choice made me hopeful once again, and I’ll make sure to make a piece of art from you. Just take it all.”

 

After this, they kicked her, punched her, slapped her, and pulled her hair from the root. It was so bad that at some point she felt nothing. As she stopped responding to their abuse, they stopped only for a bucket of water to take place.

 

She shrieked and breathed deep. Tears and blood all dried up on her. She couldn’t lift her head, let alone check if Byeol was okay.

 

"Hmm, that seems good but still, not good enough. Why don’t you guys like, burn her body? Wouldn’t it make her so beautiful ugly? Hmm i think you man should do that.”

 

She cried more. No, they can’t do this. They just can’t, why was she even paying for his sins? What did he do so badly to women? All it was unanswered but she has to pay for his sins without even knowing what is it. It must be something really bad because looking at her condition and the man doesn’t seem satisfy at all. What could satisfy him? Maybe death would do.

 

One man brought a wood with flames burning on its top. Jiyeon’s busted lips trembled and for the first time, from her heart she desired Sehun, her husband. He wasn’t good but he loves her, he had the power to stop all this craziness.

 

"Oh here it is. Hand me some steel with handle, or wait, give me that arrow.” he said and then placed the arrow’s sharpened end on the flame.

 

Jiyeon gulped, was he going to mark her like one would do with horse? Oh god, she was in great danger now.

 

"Oh it’s ready; we shall mark Mrs. Oh with it now. I’m excited!” he exclaimed. Now Jiyeon believe he have some issues.

 

Carefully taking it to Jiyeon he checked for the best place to place it on.

 

"Remove the clothes from her neck and collarbone. These places are the first one i wanted to mark.”

 

The man move the cloth from her neck as their leader walked closer and suddenly all she could feel was heat, so much heat then numb and then it was all worse.

 

Her screams were ignored, begs were merely heard by them and then the second time it was a lot more pain then the first time. She couldn’t even move.

 

"It looks quiet beau­­-

 

"-Arghhh!” One of his men yelled. They all turn to look back at the man as arrow was sticking out from his chest. Behind them a few meters away were armored man. It would have been okay to fight them but their leader was none other than Oh Sehun.

 

Instantly, they all moved away from Jiyeon expect their leader. In fact he looked fine, relaxed even, as if Sehun was here to help him.

 

Jiyeon cried in relief. Finally he was here.

 

The men started fighting each other as Sehun ran forward to their leader.

 

"What the did you do to her?!” Sehun yelled as he looked at his almost unconscious wife.

 

Their leader smiled. "Oh nothing much, she’s alive, isn’t she? I was just taking my revenge. I have onl-”

 

"- you assh-”

 

"-Language Sehu-”

 

"-Leave her alone!

 

The man frowned and shakes his head. "I won’t. You didn’t leave my wife alone when i begged you to!” and now he was angry.

 

Sehun for a second looked confuse, and then it hit him. He knows. He knows what that man was talking about.

 

"Remember what you did to her? Let me tell this to your wife. She should know your reality.” he kept looking at Sehun.

 

Oh she already knows his reality.

 

"Mrs. Oh, do you want to know what your husband did to my wife? Well,” His eyes narrowed in great rage as he hissed. "He took my wife from me as his concubine! She refused to live like that with him; i went for her there and begged him to leave her! That she was my wife and my only love! But you know what he said?!” He screamed as tears filled his eyes. Pain was obvious on his face. Anguish of years and years. Jiyeon felt sympathy looking at his face even after what he did to her. His eyes seemed so hurt and light as if the years pain still hunt him down.

 

"He ing said if she slept with him he’ll let her go with me and if not, he’ll torture her to death! She refused to sleep with this ugly man! She loved me and i loved her way too much! So just to not be touched by other man, she decided to get tortured till death! His man beat her up whipping her, then in the end they just burned her alive!! My love was treated this way right in front of my ing eyes and i could do nothing!!

 

Now that Jiyeon heard it, she had a strong urge to execute Sehun. How could he be so heartless? Just, how could anyone do that? And she expected him to be guilty now because of him she was in this situation, because of his unforgivable sins yet Sehun seemed to be unaffected at his doings. As if he didn’t do anything. Cruel bastard.

 

"So what if i did? You were a peasant, she deserve better then you. She even chosen you surprised me. She really had bad taste.”

 

It was all took for the man to pull out his sword and attack the man with black heart.

 

For someone like Sehun, the battle was ended before it even starts. The man swinged his sword at Sehun. Sehun who totally expected it moved at his left side then kicked him on his waist. The man lost balance in which Sehun took his long, shiny silver with deeply sharpened blade sword, it was heavy too and at one powerful attack, the man’s sword flow from his hand and the pain from the impact jolted to his shoulder. He felt shaky and when he looked up to meet the eyes of the man, sword reflecting the sun’s bright shine on it, then he met his end when the sword swayed towards his throat, separating his head from his body, all witnessed the tragedy.

 

Jiyeon even after all that torturing had showed sympathy to the man. It wasn’t his fault but Sehun that she was here.

 

She weakly glared at Sehun. As he opened her binds, she pushed him away with all the strength she had and fall down because of her weakness which worked because Sehun totally didn’t expect something like this to accure. He just saved her, didn’t he? Why would she push him away?

 

She glared harshly at him. "You!” pointing at him she hissed. "How could you do that? They loved each other, because of your selfish needs and cruelty, they got separated all because of you monster!” She screamed at Sehun. Tears filled her eyes.

 

"Why?!” She shrieked, trembling lips in fury and hurt.

 

She waited for him to answer her, or outright ignore her until she heard a soft voice.

 

"Let’s just forget what happened. We don’t have time for this. Let’s go back.” he held his hand out for her, however she shake her head furiously and winced at the pain in her entire body; especially on her side neck and collarbone.

 

Stubbornly she crossed her arms. She had enough of his demands. This man was good for nothing and no way would she let him have his way with her, not again. Let it be her death by his hands, so be it. At least, she won’t let him get the pleasure of being feared or satisfaction by listening to him.

 

"I’m not going back! Let me die here,” She noticed the frown appeared on his face but she didn’t back down. "Or you can beat me up or force me! Choice is yours. I’m never ever willingly going to listen to a man like you!

 

Nothing happened for few seconds and Jiyeon was too mad to shut up now. "Come on big man, force me like you always do! Why being a chic-

 

A fist was directed upon her by Sehun. She groaned as she was lying on the floor with probably broken jaw. Her burn mark started to hurt more. But she sat up; with all the pain she sat up and pathetically glared at him with tears falling like never.

 

"G-good.” weak voice cracked. "Do it a-gain. Do it and beat me some more.” she shake her head as if she was going insane, maybe she was really going insane. "Beat me! Slap me, kick me, and punch me. Do whatever makes you feel powerful against a woman! I’m not going to stop you. Cowards like you do that anyway s-

 

"-Shut up !” Sehun yelled in rage as he kicked her this time.

 

Jiyeon once again sat up and whined in some but she didn’t back down. "You did it great man. You did it; now do some more. Do it till i shut up. Huh? Because you’re a g-

 

"-I said ing shut up ! You seem to be talking too much!” blinded by anger he beat his loved one. Committing another sin was done.

 

"General Sehun, please stop! She’s your wife, if she dead-

 

"-Let her die then!” He yelled and pushed the man away. He charged toward her again who was on the ground, bathed with blood dark bruises all around her.

 

"Yes! I wanted to die! Kill me you ing sorry excuse of a man!” She cried out and sobbed and she did the next unexpected, she stood up on her legs shakingly and before she could lose her balance she slapped him, right on his cheek then fall down.

 

The silence filled as all stared fearfully at their General who seemed too shock to react. No one, on one has ever had the guts to slap him and this woman did.

 

Once he woke up from his shock, a thunder like rage took control of his body. He pulled out his sword and pointed at her, this time, she closed her eyes in peaceful manner but nothing happened. Ears were deaf to the sounds. She opened her eyes to see one of the soldiers has protected her with his own body as the sharp blade entered from his chest and was out from his back.

 

Sehun seemed shocked at the man, he didn’t move, not until Jiyeon yelled again. God, now he believed she wanted to die so badly. She had gone totally insane at this point.

 

" you useless man! You killed your own soldier! You think you can walk around and kill everyone? You’re a brat! A whiny stupid brat! You should die instea-

 

"-Shut up!!” Sehun roared as he throws his sword.

 

"Get her away from here! I don’t want to see her ing face, take her away and lock her somewhere!” he ordered his man and grabbed his head.

 

Her screams were being heard for a long time until she disappeared from the area.

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon opened her eyes but all she could see was darkness around, feeling the pain slowly coming back from some ripped skin and the burning pain from the mark. Closing her eyes and opening them few times, she could see but still few black spot were in front of her vision. Her body was in so much pain to move, a low moan skip her busted lips.

 

The door slowly opened and in came her mother-in-law and father-in-law with worried expression. She weakly stared at them but she felt tears build up when she heard a whimper coming from Mrs. Oh.

 

"Look what your son did?!” Mrs. Oh hissed slightly, to not disturb Jiyeon. "Is this what you tough him to do? Even in our prisons we don’t treat prisoners like this!

 

Yunho sighed dejected. He walk towards the bed and gently placed his hand upon her head, giving her feelings as if she didn’t lost a father figure. As if her father was back and was going to protect her from this world. She cried but her jaw started to jolt in pain.

 

The elderly couples took care of her after this, holding her close, whispering sweet words to her ear.

 

 

 

 

A door opened of Oh couples room and came in their son, looking as tired as a beggar.

 

"Father, you asked for me?

 

Yunho nodded and pointed at the seat. Calmly Sehun sat down.

 

"What did you do to your wife? No wait- what is your wife to you?

 

Sehun hesitant but answered him anyway. "My woman, she would do as i please.

 

Mrs. Oh scoffed loudly at that. Yunho nodded as if he understands. "Fine, if that is what she’s to you, divorce her. It won’t mean much to you. You don’t care about her.

 

Sehun stiffened, now that he didn’t expect to be told when he was called by his father.

 

"Why? I don’t want to.” he answered calmly.

 

Mrs. Oh glared at her son. "Why? Sehun let her go. Look at what you did to her! If she meant something to you, you wouldn’t have beaten her like this! Let her go before she loses her mind completely! She doesn’t deserve this fate!

 

Sehun frowned, crossing his arms against his chest. "My wife and I’ll decide what i want. Stay away from my life.”

 

Mrs. Oh stood up and walked closer to her son. "Did you even check her? Do you see how she reacts when someone talk? She wanted to rebel, Sehun. Rebel against every order directed at her. She wanted to feel like a free bird. She’s sick of your life, the way you treat her, she wanted to be free to the point she’s ready to die. She’s ready to go to the highest peak so just she could have what she want. Let her go if you can’t give her what she wanted, let her have her freedom, Sehun.” she begged and finally cried. Sorry for having this man as her son. She already lost her youngest son, her sweet child in this and she doesn’t want to lose another person. She knows Sehun is still affected by his younger brother’s death, he show nothing but as a mother, she could feel the pain from his dark eyes.

 

Sehun stayed silent. What could he say? He was stubborn but hearing about Jiyeon like this, made the ice wall around his heart melt.

 

 

 

Jiyeon kept lying on her bed, it’s been a week and the pain was lesser this time, at least less than before. Occasionally Mrs. Oh visited her and talk with her but that was it. Maids come and give her food, cleaned her up then leave.

 

Until today, the door opened without a knock. She looked at the door lifelessly but came in the face she wanted to go against so much. Sehun, he slowly walked to the chair to sit on it while she glared at him hard.

 

"How are you?” Sehun asked quietly.

 

Jiyeon give him a bitter look. "After you beat me up, i don’t think I’m fine. Do i look fine?” Her voice cracked with fire inside her burning to be let out.

 

Sehun sighed and shook his head. "I’m sorry about that. I was ang-

 

"Don’t say sorry when you don’t mean it! You’re sorry for nothing! Monster like you only get happier torturing others! You’re a monster! Just go die.” She ends it casually.

 

Sehun might be a proud full man walking on this planet and being insulted like this could only mean death wish. But still, he knows how to control himself in the right situation. This was the situation where his patient was needed. No one in their right mind would dare to talk with him like this, and then this mere woman come and talk with him as if he was a peasant. She had probably gone insane.

 

Jiyeon inspected his every move like when he closed his eyes to relax himself. The uneasy expression on his face show enough he wasn’t fine. He stood up and leaned closer to her, she narrowed her eyes, as if wanting him to do one wrong move so she can insult him for that.

 

"Come, I’ll take you for a walk.” he was preparing to lift her up.

 

"No! I don’t want to go! Go alone! Ahh...” she was lifted by him forcefully bridal style.

 

She kept insulting him on his masculine but man; no one could ever believe how he took it all and sealed his lips tightly.

 

He sat her down on the soft grass at the garden. The weather was chilly and sun’s rays were hidden behind the clouds, it felt good to be outside. It was getting stuffy there. For the first time in a while, she mentally thanked Sehun.

 

She observed him as he sat down too, a good distance away.

 

"You know... It’s not a good time to be outside at a time like this. We could be attacked, i should be beside king and protect him.” he talked, not really expecting a response.

 

"Then go away. I didn’t ask to be here...” she murmured.

 

A slight chuckle escaped Sehun’s lips. "You didn’t. But i think you need me as your husband at a time like this. I neglected my responsibilities to you for two week and you lost your mind. Do you think I’ll leave you again after seeing how you’re behaving? From now on, you’ll follow me everywhere i go.”

 

Jiyeon glared at him. "I won’t. You could force me as much as you want but i won’t listen willingly to you.”

 

Sehun almost glared at her. “Women, I think you’re forgetting your place. Don’t test my patience. I might ki-

 

Kill me then! Don’t just give me your empty threats! Finish my ungraceful self for your and my sake!” She snapped angrily.

 

She was sure he would kill her that moment or the littlest abuse a slap or punch but none came. Instead he looked at her so intensely made her coward away.

 

He leaned slowly closer to her tensed body and stopped a breath distance. His fingertips rested upon her cheeks bruised skin. She took a sharp breath at the rough touch.

 

I might as well need to discipline you. You happen to overlook your basics of manner.” pushing her face to the side and sat back where he was.

 

Jiyeon took sharp breaths few times but she thought she was going crazy. The anger with helplessness over powered her shock and then she screamed so loudly made Sehun jump in surprise. She yelled in high pitched voice and grabbed the both sides of her head as if it would calm her but instead tears started dropping and she kept yelling in such a loud voice not even she know she possessed.

 

Sehun started thinking what gotten into her but was unable to find an answer.

 

Shut up!!” he yelled but it was vanished between her screams. Sehun wouldn’t deny that he was starting to panic looking her behaving like this. He shake his head few times to get his mind straight and then he grabbed her two wrists in his tight grip then pulled her to his chest and caged her in his arms tightly hindering her to even move her face from his hard chest.

 

Being this helpless, the beauty stopped fighting against the stone like grip and just cried for no apparent reason. Wetting the old shirt of her husband and failed to notice the obvious fast and hard beating of his heart. The heart that has only beaten so far for his life is now beating for her state.

 

He was disgusted at himself at how he was cradling the fragile body and rocking her back and forth. His heart though, it was a different story. It felt a ridiculous joy for such a weak move. Such a cuddling wasn’t a warrior style; it was too adorable for his masculine self. He swore in his heart he won’t do it ever again, well for his child it would be a different story of course. Well, that if he would be blessed enough to get one, that is.

 

Fifteen minutes later, the beauty finally quieted down with still being forced in his arms. Seems like Sehun noticed but he didn’t let go.

 

Let me go.” She said in weak voice.

 

Sehun let out a deep sigh still not letting go. She tried to force her way out and when her one hand was free Sehun let the other hand go. Now facing her, he asked. “What is wrong with you? Suddenly crying like I hurt you, fool.

 

Jiyeon didn’t say anything. Maybe she was tired of him or exhausting from crying so much but even she doesn’t know why she would cry like this.

 

Sehun was now sure she had gone crazy. He didn’t believe his parents when they said that but now witnessing that, he was speechless. Was he really the reason behind her strange behavior? For the first time he felt like . And here she was the girl who he had harbored feelings for. If his love turned her this way, how would his hatred turn someone into? One thing for sure, he was far more horrible person then he thought himself.

 

Jiyeon glared at Sehun who was too busy day dreaming. She has the strong urge to kick him but feared back. He was finally being nice so kick would sure ruin the little hope that just sparkled. But of course she won’t say that out loud. He played with her enough; she won’t be vulnerable in front of him again. And then she remembered that man whose wife Sehun killed for his selfish desires.

 

The earth beneath them vibrates. Sehun seems to have come in his senses, he start looking around. Then he looked at Jiyeon with horrified expression. Jumping on his feet he took Jiyeon’s hand in his. Before he could think where to go someone came yelling.

 

General Park Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol stomped his one foot on the ground to stop his high emergency speed. Voice still hoarse and unbalanced, he declared. “General Oh Sehun, enemy has ambushed us from north side. Every women and child has just escaped to the palace with guards. Only now I was being informed about your wife. It’s ordered from General Oh Yunho that you should lead lady Jiyeon to the palace personally and after that come fight along our side.”

 

Sehun nodded and his grip tightens on the thin wrist. “Tell them to prepare my horse.”

 

It’s been prepared already in the south gate. If you go there now, enemy won’t be able to catch you so hurry!” Chanyeol ushered them to follow him.

 

Unfortunately, they were late and the war has reached inside. Now they had to pass by them to escape, which were quiet risky.

 

Sehun even though experienced in the battle field, was breathing nervously. He never had someone he wanted to protect this much before but today, he felt like he would die with heart attack. He really can’t imagine her death, not when he’s sane.

 

Thankfully Chanyeol was with them. If Sehun would be busy then Chanyeol would be beside his one hell of a precious wife. That much assured his desperate fast beating heart.

 

Come, let’s run from here. Prepare your weapon, General Sehun.” Chanyeol ordered and started running forward with Sehun behind him. Jiyeon was tightly snuggled to his side body. His one arm caged her securely to himself while the other held sword to fight. Difficult task but Sehun was used to it. Well, it might be different this time as it was Jiyeon, his love. Confidence occasionally left his side when she’s beside him.

 

Once in the middle of battlefield, Jiyeon gasped in horror as a whole rain of blood was splashed on her face. She tightens her grip on her husband’s chest and then she realized. Sehun wasn’t wearing armor. He was defenseless. Even his sword was that of a pathetic warrior. He came just like he was, in the middle of chaos? She was protected by him but who was protecting him? Because of her, he came like this because he cared about her?

 

In the middle of her thoughts she lost focused and then it happened so fast that someone pushed her and Sehun. Too surprised she let go of Sehun and fall down on the bloody ground separated from Sehun. And it became a lot worse when feet’s start stomping her body as if they couldn’t see her. She shakily stood up on her weak legs and not a second passed she was on the ground again. Crawling away from the crowds of warrior she stood up and fearfully looked for Sehun at different direction. Not finding his figure she looked back and let out a scream of pain as someone’s blade passed by her arm, giving her a full bleeding cut. Clutching her arm she looked at the man who attacked her. He was smirking and was ready to strike again. She gasped in utter fright and ran to search for Sehun.

 

It was impossible though as swords were being swayed here and there. She tried to ignore the minor cuts. She knows if she stopped, instead of these minor cuts, it could be her head being separated from her body. Big tears were threatening to fall but she held them in. She had to save her life and look for Sehun. But who was she kidding? It was the battlefield, not a playground. How the hell she’s supposed to look for Sehun when she could barely survive?

 

A sharp blade crossed from her back and she hardly moved away from the shiny thing. Before she could sigh in relief she saw few strands of hair flowing in the air. Long silky brown hair with the hair band, her eyes shot opened. The beauty looked at her back and to her horror; her hairs were no longer then her neck. She was shocked to move, and few seconds later she cried. She cried, tears flowing from her doe eyes. Her hair- hair that’s a woman pride that every woman should have, it was the most beautiful part of a woman. She bend down on her knees, no longer had the will to live after this kind of shame fall upon her.

 

Someone grabbed her arm. She looked and it was Sehun who seemed furious. Her face twisted in discomfort and then before she could look away from shame, she was harshly pushed inside his arms, grip so tight but filled with all the affection and comfort she needed.

 

It’s okay my love, its okay.” Sehun sweetly whispered but the beauty knows better than to believe those words. Her husband was angry.

 

He forcefully lifted himself up and helped her too and then made his way in the middle of the war again. This time Jiyeon could feel the anger on him. He was like a human slayer as he destroyed whoever made the mistake to come in their way. She could feel his veins bursting from his arms and neck. The blood was everywhere where they walk all thanks to Sehun that some point their enemies stopped coming their way purposely.

 

Jiyeon then noticed her husband’s bloody body. His skin was badly ripped and scratched and those deep cuts that could kill one. His cheap clothes were barely clothes anymore and the only reason they didn’t fall was blood soaked them wet thick liquid and clung to his beastly form.

E___X___O

 

 

I was surprised at the amount of comments in last chapter! Oh god I’m so thankful to you all whose reading and who always leave comments! Thank you so much I love you guys! ^^

Thank you so much for subscribing, commenting and voting ^^