Chapter 5

THE WAR

They reach where Sehun’s horse was all prepared with saddle. Sehun finally stopped walking and she stopped too. Silence, all silence even though few meters away peoples were fighting for their lives.

 

Can you ride?” Sehun asked quietly.

 

The beauty looked down and nodded even though she was in no position to sit, let alone ride a horse.

 

Sighing harshly, Sehun walked towards her clearly annoyed. Clutching her bloody wrist in his, he hissed. “Don’t ing lie to me fool! I’ll take you to the palace so get on.

 

Jiyeon gulped her sob. Of course he was mad at her too. She brought a shame to his name. Now people will look down at her. What kind of women she was? Even Sehun feel ashamed by her now. Now he’ll hate her even more. Sadly she tried to get on the horse, grabbing the saddle she tried to lift her weight but couldn’t. A hand from back grabbed her thin waist and helped her up. She shivered at the sticky touch. Afterwards Sehun jumped on the horse.

 

Can you hold your weight? Be honest, I won’t eat you.”

 

Jiyeon’s lips trembled; she would burst in another fit of sobs so she shakes her head sideways instead of replying. And then something unexpected happens. One arm wrapped around her made her lean on her husband’s chest and then she felt a gentle kiss on her crown. Her eyes were shut down forcefully as finally those tears escaped her eyes.

 

Sehun cared.

 

That’s all she needed to know.

 

Those pair of lips slid down towards neck and soft kisses were passed to her, full of pure love, promises of better future.

 

His breath hit her ear as he spoke in the utmost gentle tone he ever used. “I’m sorry for being the worst man out there, women. But I promise I’ll protect you no matter what. Just don’t lose hope on me, don’t rob me from my dreams.” He pleaded.

 

Jiyeon could only nod as more tears flow down from her cheeks. Why now? Why he was being so good now? Nonetheless she was happy, relieved. Finally she felt she had a man who loves her, not her beauty. Her husband acceptance was all that matter for now.

 

Then Sehun ride the horse to its full power to the palace. He still had to come back to the battle yet again.

 

 

Upon their arrival, Sehun jumped down from the horse and lifted his wife in bridal style for she was almost unconscious. She must have lost too much blood.

 

Maids who came their way immediately lead Sehun to the empty room in palace for the couple. In the way, Sehun ordered the maid to get his ebony armor and his sword ready.

 

Placing his wife on the bed, he looked at ruined beauty’s face. When he saw her the first time, she had those large brown eyes full of gratitude and shyness. Face full of every emotion and skin, god her skin was so beautiful and so clean and soft… and pale… but now? Her skin was bruised and cut, darkened from ugly marks and so pale from lack of care, to the dead side, not smooth to touch. Her face void of any emotion just like his and those eyes, those eyes could hardly admire anything anymore. She wasn’t the same miracle he married. This version was filled with sorrow and all that because of himself. Even her sanity was robed from her by his cruel self.

 

The door was knocked thrice and the maid came in with his armor and sword and clean clothes to wear under the armor. He leaned closer to his wife’s face, pecking her lips he stood up to leave.

 

Please… s-stay…” Jiyeon said weakly.

 

He stopped and looked back at her. Then he gazed at the maid and motioned her to leave them alone. He crawled on the bed, hovering above her, coming face to face he whispered.

 

Jiyeon, you know I had to go and fight this battle for our people. The forces need me.” He paused, gulping down he continued. “I… I might not come back alive… I might lose my ability to talk, hear or see after this war. Hell, there is a chance that they’ll burn my body after my death but whatever will happen; I just want you to know I had loved you from the first sight. I was just too jealous from other men who touched you to show my love to you. But when I realized my fault, it was too late. You were far from my reach and I’m not a man of patient for all I know is to fight and fight one way or other.”

 

Jiyeon whimpered hearing his confession. It wasn’t the best out there but to her, it meant world. She shakes her head. She wanted to talk but was too weak and traumatized from the war scene. In her previous self, she wouldn’t forgive him but now, she thought of him as the great man out there. Her mind really was too lost at this point to actually think rationally. Even Sehun was surprised that she easily gave in.

 

“Do… do not leave me…

 

Sehun shake his head. “I’ve to. I might not…

 

Not what?” Jiyeon urged him to talk.

 

Sehun sighed loudly in distress. “Nothing, just don’t trust anyone easily if I didn’t come back alive.

 

Without so much a good bye, he left from the door, left her hanging like he always did. Left her to wait and wait.

 

She stared blankly at the wall in front. Focus nowhere exactly but mind in various places at one time.

 

Lost. Lost. Lost.

 

She was lost in white space inside her mind.

 

 

 

One week passed by and that’s when finally people at the palace hear the news of the defense. Their enemy succeeded capturing their highest providing area. The kingdom was at great danger now and the possibilities of winning the war were slim to none. That much was understand by the folks. Many strong soldiers were killed and captured or ended up with deadly injuries.

 

Jiyeon was able to walk now. Yes, she was still weak but now she could take care of herself without needing someone beside her. Her parent- in-law really took care of her despite the depressed state they were in after losing their bright and playful youngest son. Mrs. Oh would usually come to her and talk about Jongin like how naughty he was and always managed to sneak away from his punishments.

 

When Jongin was sixteen and Sehun punched him, he was so mad that he followed Sehun whole day to take his revenge. Sehun was usually very popular between princesses so when Sehun was standing behind the princess, the one that hate boys, Jongin crawled there and slapped the princes and when the princess looked back Jongin was nowhere only Sehun was. Immediately he was blamed and was punished by his superiors where he trained. At the end of the day, Jongin revealed it was his doing and even if Sehun so badly wanted to punish him, the princess forgave him because of his honesty. That all made Sehun to think twice before he could attack his younger brother.”

 

 

Jiyeon smiled sadly at the memory. She never thought Sehun was being bullied by his younger brother but that made him sound like human.

 

General Park Chanyeol, General Kim Minseok, General Oh Sehun and General Taehyung are in critical condition. Immediate help is needed!” that was an order which could be heard inside the garden where Jiyeon was sitting beside Mrs. Oh.

 

Upon hearing her husband’s name, Jiyeon clumsily stood up and went where the messenger was talking, Mrs. Oh following right behind her. Once Jiyeon looked at the bruised man and the many horses still on the way coming here, she knows they hadn’t succeeded in defense. Running on her weak legs she grabbed the man’s collar and asked desperately about her husband. “Where is General Oh Sehun? Where he is? Tell me!”

 

Before she could abuse the man further, Mrs. Oh pulled her away from the man bowing deep in apology for this inappropriate act.

 

Jiyeon was at the verge of breaking down now. Her husband was in deadly condition and this man wasn’t telling her about him.

 

Jiyeon, did you heard what I said?” Mrs. Oh asked worriedly knowingly fully she didn’t hear her.

 

Huh?” Jiyeon questioned.

 

His father took him inside your room for treatment, let’s go there now.”

 

Jiyeon nodded and ran inside again. The palace was getting crowded with maids and soldiers running everywhere to treat the injured. She tried to push the few but it was getting harder. Accidently someone elbowed her waist. She ended up wincing in pain and crotched down. Whoever did that was in hurry to not bother to apologize.

 

A hand helped her on her feet which she recognized from the ring was Mrs. Oh.

Dear, do not forget you’re still hurt. Be careful.”

 

Jiyeon nodded despite the fact she didn’t really do as was told. Mrs. Oh sighed, carefully passing by peoples around her.

 

 

Jiyeon burst inside her room where she saw two maids were treating her unconscious husband. The blanket he was on was all soaked with blood. The floor was dirty with blood and seems like they were still trying to take his heavy armor off which was all sticky with the same thick red liquid.

 

The beauty gasped at the sight and covered from shock. Her whole body trembled as she stepped back, still not believing that this man lying in this critical condition was her husband. Her eyes throbbing widely as she slowly started to process. Then with full speed she throws herself at his side as tears started pooling down her face. His face was being cleaned by the cloth from blood and dirt.

 

Low sobs started with gasps and then she lost all the control as she hugged the body closer to her chest, not caring about the mess it caused to neither her nor the sympathetic glances from her parent-in-law.

 

Jiyeon dear, do not hug him. He’s losing so much blood; let the maids take care of his injuries first. Then do as you please, but for now let him under these ladies care.” Mrs. Oh gently patted the female’s back and kissed her head.

 

Jiyeon didn’t want to leave him, not when he’s like this but she knows it was the right thing to leave him now. He was between life and death situation and he needed all the support he could get.

 

Whimpering she pulled away a little to pepper his bruised and scratched face with longing kisses. Those desperate kisses she would never give him in the right mind. Seeing him so lifeless did things to her heart. Finally she kissed his lips so passionately that it hurt her more than give her some sort of comfort, left her thirsting for him more than ever.

 

Was it love? She wondered.

 

 

Half day later Sehun was up groaning in pain waking Jiyeon from her slumber that was right beside him in sitting position.

 

“Sehun, please calm down. I’ll call the maids.” She said and speedily ran outside to bring help.

 

Once she came back with maid, her eyes narrowed in concern as Sehun was sitting despite the deep wound on his torso and that caused his bandage to get soaked with blood. He was breathing heavily and his eyes light and shining from the pain he was going through. He clawed his clothes as if wanting to tear them but it only made his condition worse.

 

What’s happening to him?” Jiyeon asked.

 

His injuries are way too much painful than it looks- medicine didn’t work for longer on him. It would be days till they veritably start healing him properly. We should be patient; it isn’t easy for him to face all this amount of pain at once. Besides, the amount of blood he lost was too much for his body to work properly.”

 

Sehun passed out again as the maid used burning healing herbs on his wounds and later bandaged his body again. All the while Jiyeon kept staring, trying to imagine the pain he was going through. What would it be like? Many said Sehun was monster, so what kind of pain was it to even tame a monster like him?

 

General Oh Sehun is a fighter. Other people usually die from all this, even his younger brother, Jongin couldn’t take it. General Oh Sehun has the will to live; he’s fighting so hard with himself. Please take care of him, I’ll take my leave. If something happen please doesn’t hesitate to call me again, I’m at your service.”

 

Jiyeon smiled bitterly, caressing the black hair with her fingertips. War. It was terrible thing.

 

 

A week later, Sehun finally stopped fainting randomly and was forced to eat all those healthy foods that could bring at least the half amount of blood he lost. As a matter of fact he was being treated the best because everyone knows they need his presence alongside them to fight. He was a strong warrior and even if Jiyeon so badly wanted to stop him from going in the battlefield again, she know it was nearly impossible to stop him, not when he’s torturing himself day and night and abusing his own body to fight with sword, no matter how much agony he face later at night.

 

And Jiyeon, she could only see him suffering to himself. He stopped bothering about her. He stopped asking about her wellbeing. He occasionally did stare at her but that was it. He was on his own world. All because for the first time he lost a battle, feelings of losing a battle for the first time after years and years of winning made him loose the confidence he possess. He was in state of depression, Jiyeon know that his pride was severely scarred. To the point he starts avoiding his fellow soldiers. He felt shame to face those who trusted him to win the battle.

 

Here he was at it again, his bandage all bloody from the reopened wounds but he kept practicing as if his life depended on it. His face was twenty four seven cringed in pain.

 

Jiyeon slowly walked closer to him to change his bandages. “Sehun let me change these for you.” She quietly said head bowed down.

 

No need.” He breathed out, not stopping once to face her.

 

Jiyeon looked up at him with pained expression, she couldn’t take it. In that case, he would kill himself before going in the battlefield.

 

Sehun, stop it. You need to rest.” She said firmly clutching her fist tight. Sehun ignored her. Pulling her lips in firm line, she raised her voice. “Sehun, I said stop it! You’re hurt!

 

He stopped then abruptly turned towards her with harsh glare. “Get out!”

 

Jiyeon scoffed in disbelieve, she had enough of his bull. Throwing the things in her hands down she strides towards her husband in frustration. Standing one step away from him, she glared at his empty expression. “What is wrong with you? You’re hurt, it’s a common sense a hurt person need rest and care so stop this nonsense. I’m sick of watching you acting like this so just stop whatever you’re doing. Please…

 

I won’t repeat myself again, get out.” He sounded pissed as if ready to unleash all the anger inside him on her.

 

Stubbornly the beauty didn’t move. “I won’t move unless you come with me.” Her eyes looking so determined.

 

Sadly, it didn’t affect Sehun, if anything he found it challenging. Throwing his wood sword on the ground he pulled her wrist in bruising grip. “Why are you such a damn fool all the time?! off, you make me sick! I don’t want you to care for me, do you understa-”

 

“-Stop acting tough! You lost a battle, not a war! There’s still so much to figh-”

 

“-SHUT UP!” He roared then pushed her with all strength on the ground. Hovering over her, he pinned her shoulders on the ground and sat on her stomach, leaning closer to her face he hissed as his eyes wide in rage. “You don’t ing understand anything! I was supposed to die there! I don’t want to live knowing I let my king down! It’s… I should have died there!

 

Jiyeon turned her face away from him as tears slowly started falling from her eyes at the harsh treatment or from his talk, nonetheless they were there. “Don’t talk like that! Have you thought of me? What would I have done without-”

 

“-YOU DON’T EVEN LOVE ME SO DON’T GIVE ME THESE PETTY JUSTIFICATIONS!!

 

See you’re doing it again! You don’t let me talk; you always steal all the attention and assume things! Stop doing this!” she sobbed and whimpered underneath him, finally letting all the frustration out.
 

You don’t talk!!

 

You don’t let me talk! You always scare me away when you raise your voice! You- you let those maids treat your wounds but when I asked you rejected me! The food I brought for you, you won’t even touch it! But when it’s Taeyeon you always eat! You’re always like this to me! I’m the last person you would look f-

 

“-But you don’t even love me!” he cut her off. It shocked Sehun greatly, knowing it was all true but he never thought it would bother her. She doesn’t even like him!

 

You did it again! See, you just assumed things again!” she let her guards down and gave up on making him understand softly sobbing to herself miserably.

 

Sehun’s eyes softened, he wrapped his arms around her body and buried his face on the side of her neck as she cried.

 

I I love you…” she whimpered as those words escaped her lips in whispers.

 

It all took for Sehun to not lose his mind. Tightening his grip he placed his lips on her neck, kissing her gently.

 

They both sighed in longing as Jiyeon turned to him and wrapped her arms around his torso. Tears still not stopping but now they were of relief, rather than sadness.

 

Sehun brought his thumb up and wiped her tears with it. Slowly he rested his head on hers and both closed their eyes in bliss.

 

It took so long for them to be in each other’s arm willingly like this. Sehun even thought he would die without having to see this day.

 

 

It was one of those quiet nights where all went to sleep early, the air running so cold, green leaves flowing in the air and the moon so big in the sky.

 

Jiyeon was sitting beside her husband outside in the garden quietly. She was shyly playing with her fingers as Sehun sat by her side like a manly man he was. It’s like the both just married but that’s how they were. No matter how much Sehun was experienced in many things; love was something he lived without it. He doesn’t know how to act, let alone what to talk. They have been awkward ever since Jiyeon confessed to him.

 

Yes, both were happy but both were so naïve at this situation. For Sehun, he was a new sight to see. Being in love and have been return that love changed him so much. His cruel and demanding arrogance crumpled down and he was sure if today Jongin would be alive, he would have until Sehun don’t beat his . And even then he would give side comments. God, he missed the little angel.

 

Sehun, can I ask for something?” Jiyeon asked meekly.

 

Sehun nodded absentmindedly. Jiyeon was glad though, she wasn’t sure if she could talk when he actually give his attention to her.

 

Getting a little more comfortable, she slowly moved away from him. “I- I was thinking if I could visit my family after this war.

 

Sehun sighed and his expression dead panned. Okay he seemed to be annoyed, but why?

 

Why would you need to visit them? There’s no need.”

 

Getting flustered she looked at him. “But Sehun, they are my family. My sister is growing up into a lady. I wished to see her grow up but you know that can’t happen so at the very least let me meet them.”

 

Another cold sigh and Sehun turned away from her. “Do whatever you want. Just don’t bother me.” And he left inside.

 

Jiyeon was supposed to be sad he acted that way but she wasn’t. She know he was against the idea and he said to her to do whatever she wants means he’s not pleased but he would take it.

 

She soon followed after. Well, he might have not changed that much but that doesn’t even matter anymore. His nice rare moments were far better so she calmly took his cold attitude directed at her. After all, changing a human nature wasn’t that easy. It takes time, days, weeks, months, years, decades and sometimes, even after that they don’t change. Sehun was but a mere heartless human.

 

 

Sehun was once again practicing. He wasn’t being so harsh with himself anymore. Well, he did practice and work so much and when he was told to rest he would find his wife and then spend it staring at her no matter how boring she was being. It was mostly awkward and close to creepy to his wife and sometime she complained for him to not do but those words fell into deaf ears, today though she wanted to stare at him. Change of roles but the only problem was her husband seemed more than fine with her presence.

 

Sehun, can you teach me how to… fight with swords?” She asked him when he came to drink water.

 

At that Sehun was surprised but he nodded anyway and told her to get up. Excitedly she stands up and followed him.

 

He hand her the wood sword and started his instruction. She tried few times but failed and it seems like it was pissing Sehun off. She catches him curling his fist and breathing heavily with narrowed eyes. When she intend to give up and Sehun smirked naughtily.

 

My Dear wife, let’s not practice as you say. But I believe you can help me in it, can you?” he started walking closer to her and stand behind her. Leaning his face over her shoulder he whispered. “Please?

 

Jiyeon blushed and nervously stuttered. “Uh ah yeah o-of course I can if- if you want.

 

Wrapping his arms around her waist from the back, he breathed into her ears hotly. “Then love, help me.” He groaned on her ears.

 

Jiyeon widen her eyes. He was seducing her, not asking for help. She wriggling freed from his grip and stepped away as her face was down which was brightly shining with red color.

 

I’ll be going.” She ran away blushing.

 

Sehun chuckled and sighed in bliss. She was one hell of an idiot. How the hell he even falls for her? So innocent, so pure while he was cruel, filthy, and dirty and all the negative things exist in this world. Now that he thinks about it, he doesn’t deserve her. But does that even matter? He deserved her or not, he got her and now she belongs to him.

 

 

 

It was one of those days where Sehun worked so much till his body couldn’t take and here he was, pain dripping from his every pore while he tightly closed his eyes and waited for his wife to come back to his aid. She of course stopped him but day by day, chances of their enemy attack on the palace were getting more and more and he couldn’t just sit with the excuse he was injured. He refused to use such a statement let alone follow it. He wasn’t toughed to be weakling. And here the result was, him biting his lips so cruelly just to not let any sound of cry escape him. He was a man, a man should never cry. His eye, they were shining from pain but the man had at least that much control to stop the tears from building up.

 

Jiyeon came in the room with herbs to apply on his body and feed him some. She learned to work fast on him, for he was quiet powerful and much grumpier in pain than usual.

 

Once finished she looked at the bandage she brought with herself. She wanted to wrap it around his wounds but thought he needed a little air on his body. Two weeks and a half, he was being wrapped by these bandages day and night. It would be good for him to let fresh air brush his wounds and she noticed he looked relaxed when he realized she won’t be wrapping on him.

 

Love, come here.” Sehun called her weakly.

 

Confused she leaned closer to him. “What is it? Are you hurt somewhere else?

 

Sehun shake his head. “No, I just want you. Lay here with me.”

 

And Jiyeon couldn’t refuse. She did just as she was told, being inside his arms made her blush madly. There weren’t much moments where she was this close to him. Only when he initiated it which was rare, looking how busy he was in other things.

 

Why people really do wars? They bring peoples to misery, causing people to die as if their life worth not much then a good satisfaction for the other party. But again, she met him because of this war. Otherwise for them to meet was impossible. He was well fed high rank warrior close to the king while she was a poor villager who work for her family hard to support them. And even then, it was only enough for necessaries. Life really did wonders.

 

 

Two days later Sehun’s father, Yunho came to visit his son alongside Chanyeol. The old man looked as tired as his face was full of wrinkle which Jiyeon guessed was from worry and stress. He didn’t look like that when she first met him. He aged fast in the war after losing his son.

 

"How are you doing dear?” Mr. Oh asked her nicely.

 

Jiyeon smiled as she bowed her head. "I’m doing fine, father. How are you doing? I heard about the other kingdom has finally decided to join with us.”

 

Yunho smiled and General Chanyeol smiled even wider. Finally she noticed the other man. As she remembered he was injured badly like her husband but he looked fine now, as if he wasn’t hurt at all, as if few weeks ago he wasn’t fighting between life and death. Unlike her husband who still look like he shall die soon.

 

"Yes, the situation gets better in there. Now at noon we shall be at meeting with king about who’ll go and fetch our alliances. They are our savior and we should show our respect for them for standing beside us when we need someone.”

 

Jiyeon sighed in relief. Finally there was hope in this chaos. Because in their previous state, there was no way they could survive the war no matter how hard they try.

 

"How are you doing General Park Chanyeol?” Jiyeon asked politely.

 

Well, for Yunho, he still believed they were long lost cousins.

 

General Chanyeol blushed as suddenly he was asked about his wellbeing.

 

He laughed nervously; knowingly fully he had to act casual with her because she was his fake cousin.

 

"Ahh I’m doing fine my dear. Unlike your husband, I’m quite a careful man you see so i recovered faster than him. Ha ha...” he ended with the hesitant laugh.

 

Yunho raised his eyebrow at the weird act. "Anyway, i was wondering about my son. Where is Sehun, how is he? Last time i heard he was bleeding a river. That boy doesn’t really care about his health. How is he supposed to fight if he doesn’t let himself rest enough?” Yunho complained.

 

Jiyeon couldn’t agree more with him. It almost felt like Sehun wanted to die. It might as well be his intentions, who know.

 

"He’ll be here in a while, went to take a shower after- after practicing.

 

Yunho and Jiyeon sighed. Well what can they do more? That man was stubborn like a mountain, refusing to be moved by others.

 

Just that moment Sehun came with now cleaned robe instead of those practicing clothes. It’s been long he weared these. Well, at least he came prepared knowing his father and General Chanyeol are coming.

 

Bowing to his father in respect, he sat beside his wife on his knees and back straight like a wall. Only Jiyeon know how much painful it was for him to be in such a position. Yet Sehun would die then to show his weak side to his comrades, let it be his father too.

 

"What brought you here, father?” He asked straight to the point with his cold face.

 

Yunho smiled longingly. How much his heart longed for his sons? He lost one in brutal way, he wasn’t sure if he could be able to handle if he lost the other too. But talking with his elder son right now, he knows they were still far away from each other emotionally. It was the reality that hurt him the most. His eyes shining with unshed tears, the old man started with such a sad voice it broke the heart of the two beside him.

 

"My son, how are you doing? It’s been long you didn’t show me your face.” Getting quietness as a response the old man smiled bitterly. "I was here to tell you about the meeting holding in the dining hall of the king this afternoon. The king wanted to see you; he said you didn’t even once show him your face... He’s concerned.

 

"I understand. I’ll be there, father.” He answered, still so cold, so empty and so far.

 

Jiyeon gripped her hands together tightly. It was obvious how much Yunho wanted to interact with Sehun like a father but for some reason, Sehun refused to acknowledge it and instead took the talk as a duty, rather than a father and son talk.

 

"I’ll be going then son. Take care of yourself.” Yunho said and stand up to leave. While Jiyeon hugged the man, Sehun stood there as emotionlessly as if there was a huge wall between the father and son.

 

Once Jiyeon and Sehun were alone, Jiyeon find herself admiring her husband in his new attire. Feeling her gaze, Sehun turned to her and that cold look was wiped off his face when he noticed she was ogling at him. It was new. Almost every women who he meet admires him, flirt with him if they got the chance but his wife; she was another case. She avoided him, she hated him, she cried when he touched her, she never once look at him with admire of his masculinity. But today she did and it took his breath away. As long as he remembers, his wife was shy and easily embarrassed so how could she actually act so shameless?

 

"Love, have some shame and stop looking at me.”

 

Well that did the trick because in the speed of lightening she looked away as light pink hue colored her cheeks. Sehun couldn’t help a chuckle at the adorable act.

 

Leaning closer to her, he whispered to her neck naughtily. "Love, i never know you were such a kind of women.”

 

Blushing furiously, Jiyeon asked. "Huh? W-What are you talking about?

 

Chuckling close to her neck Sehun leaned even closer to the warm skin and slowly sticks his tongue out to the baby soft skin. Feeling her shiver, he brought his arm around her body and pulled her closer to himself.

 

"Do you like to be manhandled? Or you would rather ride me?

 

Instantly Jiyeon tried to push him away but Sehun tightened his grip on her. She was now breathing heavily with blood rushing speedily in her body.

 

"No Love, don’t shy away now. Show me your naughty side, hmm?” He teased some more.

 

Shivering Jiyeon looked down to hide the embarrassment. “Sehun, what are you doing? Let go.”

 

Fine, just don’t struggle that much, I might end up deflowering you for real.”

 

He rose on his feet and left her alone with her thoughts with a beautiful smile tucking his lips.

 

He was sweet, naughty but sweet nonetheless.

 

 

 

Everyone was patiently waiting for the king to talk about the good news.

 

Our calls for help has been answered my soldiers. Our neighbor kingdom from southern Silla is making alliances with us. It is our golden opportunity to win this war and the last hope. So to show our respect for them, I’m sending three honorable Generals and sixty solders for the protection in there. I’ve already decided who are leaving.”
 

Everyone smiled in relief. Finally there was light in the dark tunnel they were walking for days.

 

I’ll say the names of three General’s now. Park Chanyeol, Oh Sehun and Kim Joonmyeon. You three leader shall leave at the dawn with sixty soldiers behind you.

 

Sehun wasn’t shocked hearing his name, but that doesn’t mean he was pleased. He knows the king would probably choose him. He always did. The point is he doesn’t want to leave.

 

 

My lord, forgive me if I sound offensive but why me-“

 

General Oh Sehun,” the king interrupts him. “I know you wanted to stay here but I’m sending you off because you need it. As long as you’re here, I know you won’t let your body rest so it better if you leave. You’re also still not strong enough to fight so it’s better if you go for this one.”

 

Ordered by the king he did what he was told. He wondered how his wife must be feeling. Well he was a responsible warrior so he know denying the king request wasn’t an option just because he wanted to stay with his wife. It would be like throwing the entire kingdom away for a woman.

 

 

 

It was almost dark when Sehun came back to their chamber, calling it a night. Setting his feet inside he saw Jiyeon sitting in front of the mirror combing her long shiny hair even though there was no need. Her face was straight, void of any emotion like a living dead person. Wave of sadness washed over the General for leaving her. He wanted to be by her side but that was a dream as long as this war doesn’t end. Honestly speaking, Sehun was surprised at his new thoughts. Previously, all he wanted was to fight, fight and fight but now he just wanted to be by his wife side, to protect her from any harm, wanted a future with her, having a lovely beautiful girl and a manly boy who look like him.

 

Sehun, you’re here. What did the king said?” Jiyeon asked him gently getting up.

 

Sehun couldn’t help but to stare at her long straight hair. Sighing he walked closer to her. Standing one step away from each other, they stared into each other‘s eyes. Their eyes speaking silently about their true feelings, words weren’t needed as the longing cornered them and at this moment Sehun pulled his wife to his chest powerfully in desperation.

 

Jiyeon buried her face in his chest holding her tears in if only for tonight. She doesn’t want to be a burden to him and wants him to leave without worrying for her. This was war, not a show for people’s entertainment. “Love,” Sehun whispered. “I need you. I can’t hold myself anymore.” he begged.

 

Jiyeon hugged him tighter. “Then don’t hold back anymore. Take me whichever way pleases you.” She surrenders herself to him that night.

 

Sehun was desperate and so not gentle when he striped her, peppering her body with kisses. She moaned and cried for him, and he willingly did as she demanded him. He holds her firmly in his. Pure love surrounded them, their bodies sweaty at the end of it and slept for the last time in each other’s arm tightly securing the other. The only regret was left in their hearts was why they didn’t confess sooner.

 

 

The hours passed by and it was the time. Truth to be told Sehun wasn’t able to sleep, not a wink of it. The dread filled his entire being but as a warrior choice wasn’t his to decide. Kissing her forehead for the last time, Sehun weared his clothes and took his weapon and left. Goodbye wasn’t something he was ready to say, that would waver his decision for leaving. He wasn’t sure if he could deny her request of not going. He might end up selfish. So he told his heart over and over she’ll be alright here. She’ll be well protected here. Once he comes back, he can have his moment with her, his heart believed so.

 

 

Walking with their forces, Sehun was mostly lost in his own thoughts. General Chanyeol would glance at him from time to time to make sure he was walking with them. While General Joonmyeon was in front of the rows, leading all the army to the southern gate and making sure no enemy witness them.

 

Chanyeol slowed down so he can walk side by side with Sehun. He looked at the lost man. “General Sehun, you seem to be over thinking. Are you worried about something?”

 

Sehun looked up at the giant warrior then looked ahead. “Ask me if there’s something I’m not worried about. Of course I’m worried, everyone should be. We are in the middle of the defeated war. Our only hope is this alliance. Even if get alliances, there would be nothing to fight for if our king get killed. We’ll be mere slaves under Baekje kingdom. Those who are prideful shall commit suicide. Goguryeo name will be vanished. If this is not something for you to worry then I would say you’ve no sense of responsibility either that or you’re a traitor.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled. It was true but the truth was Chanyeol was simply fighting for the sake of fight. He has no serious reason to. He could simply leave these people to die or live. He actually doesn’t even have a reason to live. He lost his family, had successfully taken his revenge on those murderers. He was a roaming soul with no worries. In fact, he fined it adventurous to fight this losing battle for he could care less about his life. He was just going with flow.

 

That accusations are quiet hurtful thing to say after the last battle where I almost died, don’t you think?” He answered with such a calm nature that made Sehun to glare at the said man. “But look at me, I’m fine now but you; you look like you’ll faint any given moment, should’ve rested when got the chance.

 

Sehun scoffed. “As if I would, how could I rest when I know my brother was killed defending this kingdom, my father served this kingdom from as long as I remember and the fact my mother and wife are there with fear in their hearts from this gruesome war. How the hell am I supposed to rest with all this going on?

 

Chanyeol gave the strong man a sympathy glance. “You’re right but how are you able to protect them with this state of yours? You’ll not able to stand more than five hours in the battlefield.

 

Giving his comrade a firm look he assured. “I’ll manage myself. Worry about yourself.”

 

Chanyeol cringed. “Certainly I don’t look like a ghost.

 

Whatever.” As if to avoid the chatting Sehun pull the horse face back and went ahead, leaving the giant behind.

 

 

 

Back at the palace Jiyeon was sitting alone at the garden to clear her mind. Sehun left without even saying a goodbye. Guess he doesn’t want to handle more stress huh. It was fine, she understands how much responsibility he had on his hand, and he doesn’t need extra of it.

 

Jiyeon dear, you should eat. Sehun will be fine and he won’t be pleased if he saw food deprived wife. You know he like healthy girls more than that skin on bones.” Mrs. Oh said as she placed the tray down beside her daughter-in-law. “Now eat, you need it.”

 

Jiyeon smiled sweetly but something lacked that smile. It wasn’t genuine one. Mrs. Oh sighed to herself.

 

I’m not hungry, but I shall eat it anyway. Thank you.” Now that sounded appreciative enough. Her bony fingers hold the chopstick and took the first bite and only then did the beauty realize how hungry she was. And not to mention how delicious the food smelled and tasted. Bite after bite she only thought of her husband and things he’s going through. In some sense, he truly deserved what’s happening to him for he was always cruel to the world.

 

Suddenly there were urgent knocks on the door. Mrs. Oh stands up to open the door and came face to face with worried looking maid who was covered with blood of someone else as she don’t look like she was in pain but fear of danger was obvious on her face.

 

Are you okay? What happened dear?” Mrs. Oh asked with concerned.

 

The soldiers…

 

 

Sehun was glaring at the overly nice leader of their alliances. He was spurious and looked like a girl which annoyed more. How come he was the leader and how were they supposed to win a war with such weak feminine leader. Instead of leader, he could be kings’ concubine.

 

Sehun,” Chanyeol nudged him. With a large smile, he said through gritted teeth. “Why are you looking at General Luhan like this? It is highly inappropriate to glare like this at someone who is willing to save us.”

 

Save my ! This wome-

 

“-Who are you calling women!” Chanyeol hissed. “Do you want to get executed? Drop this and show some respect!”

 

Sehun grunted in response. “Why are you siding with him? Even I’m better than this weird looking-

 

Should I take it to my heart?” they both tensed. Slowly Chanyeol looked back and his face paled at the smiling face of General Luhan. “I mean being called weird looking isn’t really a compliment you know, General Sehun.”

 

Rising on his feet Sehun towered over the kind looking man easily. “How would you know? Were you called one?” Sehun cursed him inside his brain because this stupid was still smiling. Worthless .

 

Now that’s amusing just like I heard about you. The only problem I see is your king asked our help. You should probably show some gratitude. You are in the middle of a losing battle, and still had the guts to talk about me like this? I suggest you to be careful next time. I won’t tolerate someone questioning my ability of being a leader or,” he leaned closer to the angry looking man and whispered. “Or my masculinity.”

 

Sehun backed away and scoffed. He knows he was in no position to talk back. Luhan smiled kindly. “Do you understand General Sehun?” He asked as if he just didn’t threaten the man.

 

Sehun ignored him and looked at the other soldiers getting ready to go back to the palace. It was plainly rude but as if Sehun cared. He heard the steps moving away and he caught a glimpse of General Luhan’s pissed off expression. Oh, you wouldn’t know how much satisfaction runs through his veins at that, instantly he was in a good mood.

 

Once ready they started to go back where they come from, to the palace and Sehun was more than eager to return to his awaiting wife. His mood was better than before.

 

Chanyeol beside him has steals few glances at him and shake his head at the love fool man. What was General Sehun even thinking smiling gently like this?

 

General Oh Sehun is really a strange man, first he was glaring at me when I didn’t even say anything bad to him and now he’s smiling this way all to himself.” General Luhan said carefully.

 

Chanyeol smiled tightly. “I don’t think it’s appropriate to talk behind someone’s back,” General Luhan scoffed at this. “However, he has someone dear waiting for him back home. You should be able to guess who with that kind of smile.”

 

General Luhan chuckled alongside General Chanyeol. He also understands the man well too. For he too have someone dear waiting for him to come back.

 

Half day passed in the way and the sun was setting by the time they catch a glimpse of the fire close to the palace. The soldiers tensed as they hear catapults and fire arrows. At that moment, when Sehun was too shocked to order his forces it was General Luhan who screamed at the top of his lungs.

 

The battle has started already! We need to reach the palace as fast as we can and defend the people with all we have. Everyone reach for the defense at once!

 

The soldiers howled and started to fasten their speed whereas Sehun was too stunned to move his eyes, let alone his body.

 

General Oh Sehun, what are you waiting for? It’s time to fight! Move, now!” It was General Wu Yifan from Silla forces. And this woke him up as he started to run the horse in the wildest speed ever that he even passed by those who ran before him. The anxious controlled his mind and body making him unable to thing rationally. All he wanted is to see his wife safe and sound. As if the king, queen, his parents doesn’t matter. How selfish of him it was but that’s something he didn’t realize at that that moment.

 

The battle seems like started few hours ago as many dead bodies were on the blood filed ground. The gates were broken by probably catapults, few women and man were running to save their life and then there was still many fighting in front of the palace gate where King and Queen were. At that Sehun sighed in relief but he still had to look for his wife and mother. They were at the other side of the palace.

 

Kill everyone who is not from us or from our alliances. Do not let them live to see the daylights!” Sehun roared and pulled his sword out and killed everyone with one swing of his sword eager to see his wife.

 

In the middle he saw his father running to him with his bloodied armor. Slaying the last man in front of him, he dragged his sword and made his way to his father who had firm expression on his aged face.

 

Father, where is my wife? Is she okay?” he asked urgently.

 

Mr. Oh give a slight proud smile but it went away as fast it was formed. “Son, your wife is okay. She’s around other housewife’s. Before you go see her, finish the enemy from the north gate of palace. The enemies are succeeding in their attack there. The forces there need your help. Go!” he commanded his son who nodded and ran there as if his life depended on it.

 

Mr. Oh shook his head in amusement, his son look like some fool. It wasn’t bad though.

 

 

General Sehun! Help us!” it was the base captain who asked for help. It’s not like Sehun wanted to help him, he just wanted to see his wife as soon as possible so he did as his father ordered him and in no time the place was clear. The only problem was his wounds were almost all opened with few new ones. It was his luck he didn’t came face to face with their enemies Generals. If he would, he wasn’t sure if he could handle it. And the fact his body was getting weaker and weaker didn’t help the situation at all. Without wasting a second he ran to where his wife was.

 

 

Sehun stopped in front of the door where his wife was. His hand reached out to grab the knob but he stopped. Was he nervous? Why was he hesitating? Pulling his hand away he leaned his back on the wall trying to calm the harsh beating of his heart. It was probably because he ran all the way here. Instead of calming down, he felt likes his heart wanted to jump out of his chest the more he waited. Letting a harsh sigh out he opened the door without giving much thought and there he saw his wife alongside many other females he don’t recognize.

 

Jiyeon was at first surprised as she saw her husband standing before the door, eyes staring at her waiting for her to come to him and hug him. Her eyes got smaller in longing and then she stood up and throws herself in his arms. Her clothes getting ruined with his blood but she could care less. He was here, he was safe. He survived.

 

His arms tightened around her strongly as he buried his face in her hair for he was too tall for neck.

 

Sehun.” she tested.

 

Closing his eyes, Sehun smiled in bliss. “Yes, love.”

 

She pushed her face to his neck even harder. They felt full with just being this close to each other. Wasn’t a perfect love but they didn’t care as long as they were together. For them it was more than enough.

 

Slowly pulling her away, Sehun gazed at her. “Love, I’ve to go. I need to fight. Take care of yourself. We will win this war. I’ll make sure of it.” he leaned in to kiss her forehead gently and turned away.

 

Jiyeon silently stared at his back, her hands on her chest crosses together. She quietly prayed for her husband’s safety.

 

War.

 

It kills innocent people.

 

It tore families apart.

 

It separates lovers from each other.

 

It comes and destroys everything around it.

 

It is cruel.

 

The beauty kept looking at her husband’s disappearing figure. For some reason, it doesn’t feel right. As if it was a goodbye even though they didn’t say it really. What was this nervous feeling? Why her heart wanted to stop Sehun from leaving her? Shaking her head she slightly smiled. Everything will be fine; Sehun said so.

 

 

When Sehun went out to the battlefield, he didn’t expect to see more armies of their enemy. No, that was a bad thing because he saw many of their soldiers dying this time. A dark aura surrounded him. Pulling his large curvy black sword out, he took a fighting position.

 

General Sehun, I’m glad i found you!

 

Sehun looked back and his face cringed in disturbance. It was General Luhan with very serious expression.

 

I don’t think we can win this battle like this. The enemies’ forces are still more than us. Winning this battle is hopeless for us. I think before we lose more men’s, someone has to kill their main commander. That’s the only way we can win this battle.”

 

Sehun stood up straight and scoffed at the man’s face rudely. “Oh really, how do we get in there? Maybe our ghosts can do that, right?

 

General Luhan glared and inched closer. “Trust me there’s no other way to win this-

 

“-How are we supposed to go in there?! There’s no way any of us could survive all the way in there and even if someone did, the commander is a strong man! That is suicide!” Sehun snapped at the man.

 

It was quiet for a while as both were looking at the others fighting.

 

I’ll do this.”

 

Sehun looked at General Luhan as if he had gone crazy. “You’ll go? Are you craz-”

 

This is our only chance! I can’t lose. Even if i had to die so be it. Or i can talk with their commander. I’m not their target so maybe i could make a deal with him. I just need few of your Generals and two of mine.” Luhan explained.

 

Sehun was unsure but he shrugged. “Do whatever you want. I warned you; even I’m not this crazy.

 

 

General Luhan was face to face with their enemy commander, Kim Jongdae.

 

You want me to stop? Fine, i agree with you. This war has no actual reasons you know. We can listen to you.” Jongdae smiled.

 

General Luhan frowned. He was sure it wasn’t this easy. This man was hiding something. Who would go around and claim a war against someone because they felt like too? This was pure nonsense.

 

When everyone stayed quiet, Jongdae sighed. “Fine, i guess. I’ll stop the forces for this battle and this battle only. With one condition.” and his smile turned to the likes of snake.

 

He came to General Luhan and whispered. Whatever it was Luhan gently pushed the man away with dead panned expression. Oh, he was so mad.

 

This is nonsense! I would never agree to this condition!” General Luhan refused without hesitation.

 

Jongdae smiled innocently. “It’s just a person, a woman i ask for and yet you act like this? You could rest, gain power to fight again and save the kingdom but you prefer a good for nothing women? Think if we won this war then all the women will be in our hands. What’ll you do then? One person or lose everything. Think smartly for everyone, not just one person. I’ll give you time.”

 

General Luhan found himself in a very difficult situation of his life.

 

 

Sehun was getting tired. He was doing his best to ignore the injuries but it was getting worse and worse. Another man was send to his death and seems like it was the last one here. He wondered what General Luhan was doing or if he survived at all.

 

Then he saw from a far General Luhan was coming alongside other Generals who went with him. He sighed. So that feminine man really came back alive.

 

Seems like you succeeded huh?” Sehun said but only got a sad look.

 

What?” Sehun asked again.

 

General Luhan sighed and came down from his horse. “I did. They retreated to give us time.” he said, looking at his comrades and continued with his eyes down in shame. “Their condition was,

 

Then General Luhan looked straight in Sehun’s eyes.

 

To kill your mother.”

 

Sehun’s eyes slowly widened and then a narrowed down in anger as deadly punch was directed at General Luhan.

 

YOU BASTARD!! I’LL KILL YOU FOR THIS!!” Sehun roared but then stopped in mid-way. No his mother can’t die. His mother could still be alive. He needs to fight for her. If everyone was ready to save their sorry asses and sacrifice his mother, a woman- he wasn’t. He so wasn’t going to let that happen, over his dead body they could touch her. He ran to see his mother himself.

 

General Luhan sighed. It was unfair to that women but how many people die to save this kingdom and how many more are joining them, so one person life was better than many lives. It was a rational thought. He flexed his jaw. That punch sure hurt more than it should. In normal circumstances, he would severely punish Sehun but it was his mother they made a deal about. Anyone would react this way.

 

 

Sehun went inside the females’ room where his mother was supposed to be. He stopped at the door. The room was empty of life with few dead bodies. One of them was his precious mother who he never respected or bother to listen to her. His eyes brimmed with tears but he only opened his eyes more so he could see through his tear filled eyes.

 

His mother the women who gave birth to him, the women who silently listen to his bull when the world didn’t. The women who tended his cuts from the fall when he was a child, the women who cried for him when he was sad, and the women who... admired him with love when the world called him monster.

 

There she was soaked with her own blood. Yet that motherly smell still came out of her.

 

He strides towards that precious person n imbalance and pulled her in his lap.

 

Mama... P-please wake up... Mama...” he called for her like a child in need of comfort but wasn’t responded. His call was ignored. Tears finally fall and he shakes her body to maybe wake her up.

 

His heart felt heavy and the urge to let his pain out was stronger than his pride to not cry. He cried. Closing his eyes, he hugged his mother in deadly power and cried on her forehead, his mother. He didn’t say how much he loves her. And he won’t be able to tell her anymore.

 

His body all shaking as he cried likes a child over his dead mother body. He felt like a child all over again. His head pounding harshly but he could do nothing.

 

Oh he just realized what mother is. Mother is someone who he could never replace whether she was good or bad because that person brought a life, his life to this world after keeping him inside her for nine months. The pain she gone through for him and in the end he forget that person just because he thought she was not worth his time.

 

While Sehun was busy doing this, the others behind him were hiding the fact that not only did he lost his mother but his father too whose body lay a little far from them with sword still stabbed on his left side of chest.

 

If that wasn’t infortune enough, his wife was taken hostage. That would shatter Sehun’s hope to live. They were sure of it.

 

And it did.

 

Few days Sehun wasn’t able to move from his parent’s corpse while his wife location was still unknown. Sehun only let his parents’ dead body go when General Chanyeol shouted at him that his wife could be in danger right now and he was just being sad here wasting time.

 

He cleaned his parents and buried their bodies with his own hands right beside his younger brother grave.

 

At this point, his sadness was turned to pure anger but what surprised other was he didn’t yell at someone. His silence meant a greater anger brewing inside him, like a true volcano at the verge of erupting.

 

We are going to the basement, now!” General Luhan yelled his expression so determined with Sehun right beside him half alive.

 

General Luhan felt guilty for what happened. Their enemies betrayed them. They didn’t do as they said they’ll. They took Jiyeon, Sehun’s wife hostage. As if killing his parents wasn’t enough.

 

They attacked the basement that was once theirs and succeeded only because Sehun was being a killing machine. He destroyed every soul his way and the fact their enemies weren’t ready it took minutes for them to reach the end where they saw many dead bodies. Few were alive, almost close to death. There were mostly females and few kids but one thing common between them was all of them were badly beaten with dirt clinging to their untreated open wounds.

 

Sehun was lost as his eyes tried to find his wife but he was too nervous and scared until General Chanyeol pointed at certain direction. Sehun looked there and suddenly he smiled. His eyes sparkled with unshed tears and then he laughed. Oh god, his wife. He missed her.

 

All of them stopped to look at him walking closer to his wife with a final happy smile. As if he found his treasure.

 

His laugher become louder and louder and then they slowly changed to cries. Soft desperate and lonely cries and into sobs but he keep walking closer towards his woman.

 

His one and only wife were clinging from the ceiling with rope around her neck bounded tightly. Dead, she was dead too.

 

He hugged her feet and tried to pull her down. Others helped and he hugged her so tightly to his chest that he heard her bones cracking under his body. His love was treated this way.

 

Her white gown was so cleaned and her hair were brushed neatly too as if she was being presented like this to him.

 

 

 

How do you feel Oh Sehun?” Someone asked.

 

They all turned to the one who was bounded by two soldiers. Kim Jongdae.

 

Jongdae smiled kindly at the wretched man.

 

You deserve this. Remember how you killed my sister? You must have forgotten but for me, i swore I’ll take my revenge and i did, so happily.” Jongdae said with sadistic smile on his face. His veins were coming out as his eyes had that crazy look.

 

Sehun kissed his wife’s forehead and gently lay her down. His only wish was to kill this man in the worst way possible but not even that was accomplished as Jongdae pushed the two men and stabbed himself with a sword straight on his heart.

 

Sehun was stunned. No, Sehun was supposed to kill that man! Why did he kill himself? That bastard didn’t deserve easy death! He was supposed to torture till his last breath! No!

 

Sehun lost the last bit of sanity as he stab the dead man over and over till the body was nothing more than a shattered pieces of flesh.

 

War.

 

It kills innocent people.

 

It tore families apart.

 

It separates lovers from each other.

 

It comes and destroys everything around it.

 

It is cruel.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun’s eyes filled with tears. This was his wife’s younger sister, the second version of her, the women who paid for his sins.

 

He bends down as heavy tears fall from his eyes. He didn’t dare to cry in front of his wife’s grave just because he was man. But how long was he going to fill his heart with unshed tears, how long was he going to pretend he doesn’t feel anything. He was a tsunami of overflowing emotions.

 

He sobbed not even bothering to hide his face as Doyeon stared at him in shock and Chanyeol sympathy.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun was silently sharpening his sword closer to the lake. His entire focus was on the object in his hand. After few more times he brushed his index finger on the sharp part. It gave him a slight cut. Slowly a deep red sticky liquid came out.

 

Placing the sword at his side, he looked up at the clear sky and smiled half-heartily.

 

 

The End

 

It ends here i guess. You might not believe but Sehun’s character is from real life person. Not physically abusive though- that trait was real in old times I wonder how people lived in those times. My grandma was born in war times and she travel from cities in her childhood with foot and I could hardly walk for three hours without rest. She had travel for six years and also lost her first two children and was married when she was like twelve years old… This really makes me to be thankful to be born in this time and with all the easiness in life. I think I’m rambling anyway it ends here and I’m so thankful for everyone who read this story, silent readers too. You’re all great for spending your time to read this story when you could have done so much more, I truly appreciate it because i've soo much to learn yet ^^

Once again I love you all for subscribing, commenting and voting! You’re really great readers J